Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CeltiberoCaesar said:
Graeme said:
Good to know it's not the saved file! At least I won't have to start anew when we solve the problem :smile:

So I did retry all the steps (uninstall, delete all previous files and folders, delete all downloaded installer, re-downloaded the WB and VC installers from the website, installed again) and I still end up with the same problem (getting to main menu after battle)

:cry:

Send me your savegame just before one of those battles. Maybe I choosed the wrong one  :???:

This is the backed up file http://sites.rapidus.net/wulfhirth/last_savegame_backup.sav else the one posted earlier is still valid (I have not been able to play at all) http://sites.rapidus.net/wulfhirth/sg05.sav

You should see my current "army" of 51 near Dun Breatann (which I own) with a large 230+ army besides it (Mierce IIRC) but there is a small group +/- 50 at Bal Scuin East (trying to loot it) where I go to test since it's a quick and easy win...

Last member to join my group is the guy from Hadrian's Wall (Caio?), he joined in the last session I was able to play before I updated, could he be the problem? (guess it's worth mentionning...)

i had a problem when installing the 2.005 patch.. i downloaded it but when i tried to install it said that mount and blade viking conquest it is not installed in my computer.. and of course that's impossible, i'm not stupid.. so i want to ask if someone had this problem and wtf is going on that i can't install the patch... please and thank you..

fara1608 said:
i had a problem when installing the 2.005 patch.. i downloaded it but when i tried to install it said that mount and blade viking conquest it is not installed in my computer.. and of course that's impossible, i'm not stupid.. so i want to ask if someone had this problem and wtf is going on that i can't install the patch... please and thank you..

1) Did you download the latest version of Warband first? You can't simple install VC 2.005, you need to update Warband before that

2) You can open the installer with a zip program like 7zip and just move the files to your game folder. The download has only the modules/Viking Conquest stuff, not Warband

i already have warband 1.168.

i'm sorry for my ignorance but how do you open an installer? in that case i copy the files directly on vc folder?

fara1608 said:

In which platform do you have the game? I guess is the same. If so, you might install the game in a "weird" folder so the installer can't find it... or something else.

Graeme said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
Graeme said:
Good to know it's not the saved file! At least I won't have to start anew when we solve the problem :smile:

So I did retry all the steps (uninstall, delete all previous files and folders, delete all downloaded installer, re-downloaded the WB and VC installers from the website, installed again) and I still end up with the same problem (getting to main menu after battle)

Send me your savegame just before one of those battles. Maybe I choosed the wrong one  :???:

This is the backed up file http://sites.rapidus.net/wulfhirth/last_savegame_backup.sav else the one posted earlier is still valid (I have not been able to play at all) http://sites.rapidus.net/wulfhirth/sg05.sav

You should see my current "army" of 51 near Dun Breatann (which I own) with a large 230+ army besides it (Mierce IIRC) but there is a small group +/- 50 at Bal Scuin East (trying to loot it) where I go to test since it's a quick and easy win...

Last member to join my group is the guy from Hadrian's Wall (Caio?), he joined in the last session I was able to play before I updated, could he be the problem? (guess it's worth mentionning...)

I'm still able to continue playing after that battle. Make sure you have both Native and VC updated, try the new patch...etc

fara1608 said:
i already have warband 1.168.

i'm sorry for my ignorance but how do you open an installer? in that case i copy the files directly on vc folder?

the EXE file you downloaded is just a zip file (compacted) with a self installer. You can use 7zip or similar on it and copy the Viking Conquest folder inside.

And having 1.168 is not good enough. You need to download it again, as there was a bad file on the website and you may have a bugged installation.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Graeme said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
Graeme said:

I'm still able to continue playing after that battle. Make sure you have both Native and VC updated, try the new patch...etc

Great news! I uninstalled 2005, downloaded and installed 2012 and everything works now! Wooties I can continue playing!! Thx to all who tried to help me out and thx for the quick release on the newest version!!!  :party:

I purchased VC when it was first released but have yet to play it...reading thru the more recent posts on this thread, you are directed to download a fresh copy of warband and the VC Reforged Patch. Since I purchased thru steam, Im assuming I can do this thru steam for both VC and warband, correct? I decided to wait to play until some of the early bugs were worked out....looking forward to giving it a go...

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom