Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Patch beta! (2.010)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

Today we're announcing the next patch for Viking Conquest which contains a number of fixes and a few balance changes. If you like, you can try the patch out right away on Steam! Any feedback you can give us on the changes is appreciated as always.

Changelog Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.010

# Fixes
- Fixed some scene problems.
- Fixed script errors.
- Fixed levy issue with map banner.
- Fixed feast quest issue.
- Fixed maps getting frozen during coastal assaults.
- Fixed issues in Spanish translation.
- Fixed Picts not using crossbows.
- Battle of Aescesdum loop fixed.
- Fixed Ambush not being an option when player is wounded.
- Chain mail visual issue fixed.
- Banner visual issues fixed.
- No Trigger dialogue fixed.
- Ath Mor scene fixed.
- Other minor fixes.

# New
- Chests added to a lot of hall scenes.

# Balance
- Adjusted amount of money from bandit lairs.
- Prosperity recovery.
- Gore probability adjusted.
- No player kingdom possible during storyline.
- Improved performance on world map.

Patch 2.012 Changelog (15/09)
# Fixes

- Fixed some scene problems.
- Fixed Douar fleet being accessible from land.
- Fixed Companions being nerfed.
- Fixed some minor siege issues.
- Fixed Solveig losing all her clothes.
- Fixed issues in the Spanish translation.
- Other minor fixes.

# New
- Changed bandit leader to sea captain for viking parties.
- Colne Ceaster scene.

# Balance

- No permanent death in Farmland and Troll's Bridge.
- Reduce minimum number of troops required to raid (now 20).

Instructions for opting into the beta on Steam:
(You remember that you can also use your Warband Key in steam if you bought your game from Taleworlds webpage)

In the Steam Library, right click "Mount & Blade Warband" and select "Properties"
    In the window that opens, navigate to the "BETAS" tab
    In the "BETAS" tab, where it reads "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:", enter the code betapassword exactly as shown
    Click "CHECK CODE" and upon confirmation that the beta has been successfully opted into, select "beta" from the dropdown menu on the same screen
    Close the window and allow the game to update
    The Reforged Edition Patch 2.003 beta should now be activated

Great news guys! I will check it out when I get home. Does the balance to bandit lairs add or reduce the amount? From my play time in 2.005 it could use a boost for sure.

Edit: Bandit lair funds is nice now in the update. I also posted some feedback on the banner updates and posted some fixes if you want them.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,338748.0.html

CeltiberoCaesar said:
ETA? .... Thats a terrorist group here in Spain  :roll: I guess you don't mean that. What do you mean?

funny story, a friend was once arrested for a few hours in Spain because he had his ETA membership card in the wallet. But ETA in that case was the name of a organized football fans in South America. You got be careful with the meaning of things when you travel around the world  :mrgreen:

reiksmarshal said:
ETA = estimated time of arrival

So basically when is the patch going to be released officially?

Soon (tm)  :wink: . That depends on how many banners a guy that goes by @reiksmarshal reports as defected in the forum. Each banner adds another 24hours to the release date (jk!)

I was not expecting any more major patches for performance.

Shame no patches for unloyal companions, Agathinos run away (before the 2.005 patch) and now runs around in his underpants with an army, it's funny but it's not right.

First bug I've found with the new patch.

"Congratulations you've managed to imprison seven or more lords at . you really are a true dungeon master"
Came up in the text log in red 3 times, I've only ever taken one lord prisoner in my party and never kept him anywhere.
7CD923D4470E40EE878933E8CB8EEBA526A920A1
Save game= https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxP05Kd6HCCHUldEem1vTi1FZlU

edwardecl said:

"Congratulations you've managed to imprison seven or more lords at . you really are a true dungeon master"

Came up in the text log in red 3 times, I've only ever taken one lord prisoner in my party and never kept him anywhere.

they will need your savegame before that happened (remember you have a backup on your saves folder)

kalarhan said:
edwardecl said:

they will need your savegame before that happened (remember you have a backup on your saves folder)

Sure thing,

Wait a day or so and it will pop up every time :smile:.

edwardecl said:

Hi,
first of all, remember you have a support subforum for such reports.
Then, thank you for the report, we will check it  :grin:

edwardecl said:
kalarhan said:
edwardecl said:

Sure thing,

Wait a day or so and it will pop up every time :smile:.

Loaded your savegame and got no pop-up messages in several days

JuJu70 said:
Loaded your savegame and got no pop-up messages in several days

he said pop up as in "shows up". It happens a couple hours after you load the savegame (hold CTRL+SPACE)

Congratulations! You've managed to imprison seven or more lords at . You really are a true dungeon master.
Congratulations! You've managed to imprison seven or more lords at . You really are a true dungeon master.

It is a know issue too, so will be fixed on next patch @edwardecl

I'm glad it's not just me then :smile:. So it's already fixed I guess cool. A question though, what does becoming a "true dungeon master" do?

Ordo_Lyrae said:
Is there an ETA on when this will be released outside of Steam?
ETA? .... Thats a terrorist group here in Spain  :roll: I guess you don't mean that. What do you mean?

I apologize for the confusion.  I sometimes forget that slang doesn't always translate clearly.  Tip o' the hat to Reiksmarhall for clearing it up.

This is a brilliant mod, I am a huge fan of Brytenwalda and this takes it up a notch.  Excellent job all around.

With regards to what is easily one of my favorite features in this mod, the dog companion, are there any thoughts of possibly increasing the damage the dog does slightly?  I've fully upgraded my poor dog (hunting boars is a pain the a**)  and he still has only managed to take down 2 or 3 enemies that had previously been wounded.  It seems (at least to me) a Deerhound of that size should be able to do little more than occasionally worry people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom