SP - General Reduce the amount of money(loot) we make with captured equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we please reduce the amount of money we make with captured equipment.

The loot we get from a 50v50 can be easily 10k.
After a 500 versus 500 battle its 100k and you will face multiple of these battles within a year.

My suggestion: The generic loot should be eliminated. Battles should only reward the basic cash, prisoners and one good item/horse per enemy hero/lord involved.

This is more a problem of equipment being too expensive rather than loot being too good. It's very easy to have the opposite happen, ie. you spend 30-40 veterans beating a lord and you get absolute dog**** loot. There's no reason why horse armor should cost 60k etc.

I disagree 100% with this. The crossbow in this game is over 20k to buy.... You need every penny you can get. Later on you might be rolling in huge amounts of money because you can sell all that high end gear, but if it costs you that much to buy things, then you must be able to sell them at a fairly high price, as well.

To be fair, the entire economy of the game is borked (just as it was in warband). There is one currency amount (the gold coin, or whatever) and there is no sense of value in things, the prices of equipment is all over the place.

I disagree 100% with this. The crossbow in this game is over 20k to buy.... You need every penny you can get. Later on you might be rolling in huge amounts of money because you can sell all that high end gear, but if it costs you that much to buy things, then you must be able to sell them at a fairly high price, as well.

To be fair, the entire economy of the game is borked (just as it was in warband). There is one currency amount (the gold coin, or whatever) and there is no sense of value in things, the prices of equipment is all over the place.

Crossbows being so expensive is the same issue with equipment being too expensive and inflate all values.

This loot value inflation (60k crossbow) is that if you have several million, that all the economy parts like troop upkeep, taxes, trade, etc. become irrelevant. Who cares about fiefs or caravans? Sell 2 crossbows and you never have to care for money again.

And having millions of coins happens in the first year of the game. Not somewhere in the late game.

Crossbows being so expensive is the same issue with equipment being too expensive and inflate all values.

This loot value inflation (60k crossbow) is that if you have several million, that all the economy parts like troop upkeep, taxes, trade, etc. become irrelevant. Who cares about fiefs or caravans? Sell 2 crossbows and you never have to care for money again.

And having millions of coins happens in the first year of the game. Not somewhere in the late game.
Yep, like I said, the entire economy is borked. But let's be honest, Warband was just as much an economic mess.

I think it is a function of the currently inflated prices of equipment. Until that being fixed (which is being looked at), balancing the looting seems pointless.

I agree this needs refinement. I found 3 wars with Vlandia and made over 3 million in gold. It was ridiculous.
In fact this was how i breezed past early game. Battania was dying, so i was like why not attack their weaker lords. I remember making like 50k when a lord with 100 troops. When Battania finally died i already made 200k gold

Back
Top Bottom