Rebellions are shallow and break immersion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Snowballing had already been dealt with a couple of iterations previously. And castles can't rebel. So while it would slow a snowball, and does hamper faction expansion, it seems unlikely that it was intended to specifically address it.

I don't consider it dealt with because the solution is horrible. It's akin to using duct tape to fix a leaky sink.

rebellions as they were implemented are at maximum a minor inconvenience for the kingdoms and they really could be improved to be more immersive and interesting.

When they talked about rebellions during the dev blogs i got the impression they were talking about the imperial-style civil war but dynamic, that the imperial one was a scripted civil war from the start but that those could happen with kingdoms that got too big or with too many disgruntled vassals..

What use does all that lore about tensions and feuds within each kingdom have if nothing ever comes out of it? many Vlandian houses should be just waiting for a moment of weakness or a good claimant to make his bid to the throne before rising in rebellion the way the lore talks about them disliking the king's policies and wanting a strong king like Osrac Iron-Arm to lead them to riches and glory again.

They should've just ripped off Paradox and made it a "Crusader Kings Lite", imagine how cool it would've been with a tiered vassal system, having audiences in your court, noble marriages with an actual value and so forth.

When I first heard of rebellions i thought this:

1. Notables relationship becomes more relevant
Explanation:
Because of raiding,war and food shortage they will become more and more unpleasant with the town/castle ruler =>Losing Relationship per day.
At a special degree of disatisfaction they wont be a supporter of the ruling clan and try to revolt. As there are more than one notable, their powerlvl(regular,influental,powerful) will be taken into account if they should revolt(for example 1 powerful notable doesn´t support the ruler anymore and wants a rebellion vs a influental notable who still supports the ruling clan=>rebellion starts). The ruler has options (quests/ governour perks/ war victories/ special lord prisoners) to work against the relationship loss.

2.Plan your own rebellion:
As a Minor Clan you befriend yourself with Notables of a castle/town/village. If your relationship is high enough they will support your clan and you have a new option to ask them to revolt. When the rebellion starts you fight with them against the garrison inside the city and of course become an enemy to the ruler/faction. If you win, you will get the city and a vassal clan(rebellion clan).

But that was only a thought....

So you're just here for a moan then?
Is this your first time seeing a stevepoopoo post?

This is a garbage feature though. It gave me a good laugh when it first came out.

I think constructive criticism is pointless nowadays. For most things to improve requires things that are too "complex" TW only seem willing to change number values not much more.

Last edited:
What I wanna know is: Usually early game rebellion's are 100% because of not enough food(Low herths), however once the rebellion pops they have 100 food..... are the future rebels hiding food and helping creating the food shortage? I know obviously the game just gives the food, but it would be a fun mechanic if it were so and could be interreacted with, like quest to find and expose or kill the rebels before the rebellion.

That's a solid idea! Stashing out in the town waiting for the goods to trade hands, then follow to find a secret food supply, and be given the option to help or rat them out. If only...

I like them, sure, they can be expanded to add some real "civil war" type elements but IIRC that wasn't being considered given that the premise of the game is *already* a protracted civil war / collapsing empire.

I think it adds good skin in the game a la an overextension mechanism without calling that. It is fair to say they feel a little forced, since as a player I have little control of turning a bad town around, without skills or ways to quickly repair prosperity and due to the hard-cap on food supplies (unless you want to sell 1000s of bushels of grain to correct starvation) it's hard to turn it around.

But outside of those, not sure how else to naturally counteract them except for some hardcap in the code which I do not want to see either.

Back
Top Bottom