Rebellions and civil war in bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Unless I have missed it somewhere, is it confirmed if there are rebellions and civil wars within the game? I do believe that rebellions are mentioned somewhere, but I’m not entirely sure.

im interested to see how this mechanic works, id like to see it how you see peasant revolts in the 1257AD mod where there are large armies of peasants roaming the area of their former faction, I think it would be cool if maybe they could take a castle or, and I know this is a long shot, almost fortify their village as if awaiting retaliation. Make it kinda like a fort or armed camp assault

im interested to see how this mechanic works, id like to see it how you see peasant revolts in the 1257AD mod where there are large armies of peasants roaming the area of their former faction, I think it would be cool if maybe they could take a castle or, and I know this is a long shot, almost fortify their village as if awaiting retaliation. Make it kinda like a fort or armed camp assault
Yea, that would be amazing to see. Also wars between clans would be a welcoming addition

I hope there can be wars between clans within the same faction without going to war with the faction or causing civil war. So that you both keep allegience to the faction leader, but kill each others armies on the field. The question would be who keeps a castle if it gets taken? In regular warfare it is the faction leader's ultimate decision so taking land from a faction member directly seems like it breaks the faction rules a bit to much. Perhaps the faction leader can say who gets it and do things like give it to a 3rd party to punish the warring clans, return it to the defender because it was his by right, or give it to the attacker with condition of peace between the clans.

I hope there can be wars between clans within the same faction without going to war with the faction or causing civil war. So that you both keep allegience to the faction leader, but kill each others armies on the field. The question would be who keeps a castle if it gets taken? In regular warfare it is the faction leader's ultimate decision so taking land from a faction member directly seems like it breaks the faction rules a bit to much. Perhaps the faction leader can say who gets it and do things like give it to a 3rd party to punish the warring clans, return it to the defender because it was his by right, or give it to the attacker with condition of peace between the clans.
Agreed

If a civil war does happen, I hope the AI knows enough to surrender before they are all slaughtered. If a civil war breaks out and the faction is divided into two warring halves, you shouldn't have to completely take over every fief they own to win the war. That would significantly reduce your Lord count and weaken the faction way too much. Instead, the AI should know when it's beaten and offer terms of surrender so they can live. Perhaps the leading clan of the opposing faction can be banished and those defeated clans under him can offer you gold or fiefs in exchange for their lives. You could even return captured fiefs for a huge boost to relations and honor but at the loss of some influence. So at the end of the war, you nation will be weakened but still somewhat intact.

If a civil war does happen, I hope the AI knows enough to surrender before they are all slaughtered. If a civil war breaks out and the faction is divided into two warring halves, you shouldn't have to completely take over every fief they own to win the war. That would significantly reduce your Lord count and weaken the faction way too much. Instead, the AI should know when it's beaten and offer terms of surrender so they can live. Perhaps the leading clan of the opposing faction can be banished and those defeated clans under him can offer you gold or fiefs in exchange for their lives. You could even return captured fiefs for a huge boost to relations and honor but at the loss of some influence. So at the end of the war, you nation will be weakened but still somewhat intact.
Second this Civil wars shouldn't be Genocidal

I would hope that any rebellions would be the result of specific conditions within the game and not due to a bad RNG roll. Random event type rebellions are the type of thing that I would remove with mods.

I would hope that any rebellions would be the result of specific conditions within the game and not due to a bad RNG roll. Random event type rebellions are the type of thing that I would remove with mods.
You are exactly right. A rebellion should be sparked by a previous event or a series of events. For example, If the king decides to give himself a fief instead of a deserving lord; or a king dying without a male heir; or even refusing to declare war after a clear provocation by another faction. Or even leading the faction into a terrible war. A random roll system would be ****ing horrible.

( My king some peasant to you asking for help. what will you do?)
1-give them 50 coins. __________ +5 honer
2- give them nothing. ___________________rebellion !!!

Back
Top Bottom