Native OSP 2D Art Real Water mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Aeon said:
I'm not sure you will use it, but just take a look to this little gift  :smile:
That's quite nice, thanks! Did you make it? I was thinking of tweaking the foam next as well, might try adding something along these lines. :grin:

As for the specular map: I tried adding one to the textures folder, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Same with adding a bump map. Looks like the ocean texture isn't designed to utilise them without additional modification (which I'm not sure how to do.)

That's quite nice, thanks! Did you make it? I was thinking of tweaking the foam next as well, might try adding something along these lines. :grin:
Updated foam texture here (better one)
Use it if you wish (I don't ask any credit).

As for the specular map: I tried adding one to the textures folder, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Same with adding a bump map. Looks like the ocean texture isn't designed to utilise them without additional modification (which I'm not sure how to do.)
For usual model, if no xxx_normalmap.dds nor xxx_specular.dds in texture folder, this mean game probably have no default ones - but still possible to define and add them with tool.

1283612809.png

I didn't found the mesh/model/or whatever thing where ocean texture is applied. But I'm sure I've seen a mod (old M&B I think) that offered bump map on ground map textures view. Check it would help you.
So, if normal map is possible on ground map textures, why not on ocean, and why not specular too.

Good luck  :smile:

Thanks for the info guys, this is just what I was looking for! :grin:

Getting used to OpenBRF now, though still running into a few problems. I tried editing the map_ocean entry (in "materials.brf") to include an ocean_specular reference, but I get an "get_object failed" error when trying to start Warband (though I've added a specular texture to the correct folder.)

There also seem to be a lot of entries that reference the "ocean.dds" file, and I'm not quite sure which does what yet - but it looks like I might be able to set a separate custom texture just for rivers, which could be pretty cool. I might even be able to do something interesting with a new water bump map for more noticable rippling.

Just need to figure out this error first... If you guys have any ideas let me know, otherwise stay tuned for updates. :wink:

More likely, you got 'get_object failed for texture'. What, that means, is you are telling the game to use a texture, but it doesn't know where it is. You added the texture to the right folder, but you must also add the new texture to 'textures.brf'. For most module resources, it is the norm to include mesh, material, and texture(s) in the same brf. Native splits it up, though....

I am making an Mod using Floris Expanded Mod pack and it uses this.
May I use it??

edit: o sorry, I didnt saw you answer

Quote from: caprera on 02-09-2010, 09:44

May i use it in my mod ?

Yes - just be sure to add me to the credits, please. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom