Real Water mod

CptJoker

Regular
Best answers

NEW TWEAKED TEXTURE IN VERSION 1.1! (Screenshots updated accordingly)

This is a replacement mod I've been working on for the water/ocean texture in M&B Warband, and it should also work in older versions of M&B.

DOWNLOAD: M&B Repository or Filefront

I designed it to match best with Gutekfiutek's Polished Landscapes mod, using a similar photorealistic look.

SCREENSHOTS

MODDED

MODDED

MODDED

MODDED

MODDED

Enjoy!

CptJoker

Regular
Best answers
Indeed it was very much inspired by Punkt's great work. :wink:

I used a similar method of incorporating aerial photography as he did.

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
Punkt never got around to making the water did he?  :smile:
This looks nice.

CptJoker

Regular
Best answers
Thanks for the comments! I'm still working on a few tweaks to the texture, so any further feedback is very welcome.

I also added a download link to the M&B Repository.

Couple more screenshots:

Kovas said:
Can I use it in my mod?
Yes, certainly. Just a small mention in the credits would be appreciated. :smile:

Aeon

Squire
Best answers
smart mod :smile:
Suit better with this current PL map texture.

But if you I could just suggest a little asthetic improvement : the stream texture look too rippled (or too contrasted).

Merlkir

Ah. I see you follow the school of "Realism", where realistic = dark as hell. Ok.

CptJoker

Regular
Best answers
Merlkir said:
Ah. I see you follow the school of "Realism", where realistic = dark as hell. Ok.
Humorous as that is, I don't ascribe to that particular school of thought at all. It's just very difficult to make a texture that works equally well from all angles, and I'm still working to perfect mine. The next version should be much lighter, perhaps even enough to satisfy you. :wink:

But you're right, it's just too dark as it is. Did you have any further specific feedback...?

Aeon said:
But if you I could just suggest a little asthetic improvement : the stream texture look too rippled (or too contrasted).

Yeah, I'm finding that the hardest angle to work with. One of the mip levels tends to get very dark, so I'm still working on lightening it up a little. Look for an update coming soon. :grin:

Here's a screenshot of the work in progress, what do you think so far?

Some more WIP shots:

WIP

v1.0

WIP

v1.0

WIP

v1.0

WIP

v1.0

caprera said:
May i use it in my mod ?
Yes - just be sure to add me to the credits, please. :smile:

Aeon

Squire
Best answers
So far, WIP look better  :smile:

PS : Do you know if specular texture could work (on map view) ?

CptJoker

Regular
Best answers
New version 1.1 is now available - see the first post for link details and screenshots. Should be a much more "realistic" color now, lighter and less contrasted. Let me know what you think, and if there are any further improvements I should pursue. :grin:

King Berend said:
can I use them in my mod :?:
Yes, certainly. Just add me to the credits, please. :smile:

Aeon said:
Do you know if specular texture could work (on map view) ?
Interesting idea, I shall investigate the possibility. :wink: