Re: 95th Rifle Regiment of Foot "The 95th Rifles" [oB] 3rd thread {RECRUITING}

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Bedivere

Recruit

"Hark now the drums beat up again, for all true soldiers gentlemen. So let us list and march I say, over the hills and far away!
O'er the hills and o'er the Main, through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we'll obey, over the hills and far away."
Do your part! Fight for God, King, and Country!

95thriflesfrontpage.png

History:
In 1800, an "Experimental Corps of Riflemen", was raised by Colonel Coote Manningham and Lieutenant-Colonel the Hon. William Stewart, drawn from officers and other ranks from drafts of a variety of British regiments. The Corps differed in several regards from the Line infantry of the British Army. Most significantly, the "Rifles" were armed with the formidable Baker rifle, which was more accurate and of longer range than the musket, although it took longer to load. As the rifle was shorter than the musket, it was issued with a 21-inch sword-bayonet.

Our website:
theoldbreed.co.uk

Positions:

captj.png
Captain
captj.png

Leader of the regiment, supposed to make the best choices for the regiment during battles.

2lt.png
Lieutenant
2lt.png

Direct second in command if something comes to happen to the captain.

sgtwi.png
Sergeant Major
sgtwi.png

A Sergeant who has shown skill and dedication to the regiment above and beyond the line of duty.

sgtwi.png
Sergeant
sgtwi.png

The scout of the regiment, free of the rules of lines, keeps the captain up to date about enemy positions.

cple.png
Chosen Man
cple.png

Rifleman who have shown their exceptional skill with the Baker Rifle on the battlefield several times, and always deciding in a fight.

mcpl.png
Corporal
mcpl.png

Meant to keep the line a line, and not let everyone wander off for some reason.

mcpl.png
Lance Corporal
mcpl.png

Privates who have taken an interest in becoming an NCO, and are currently in training for special tasks.

pte.png
Private
pte.png

The people who make everything happen, snipe off the enemy from a distance, annoy them for doing so, kill them with ease if they come too close, and the people I am damn proud of to know and command.

Cadet
Recruits who have survived their initial trial period with their manhood intact, but have not yet fully earned their rifles.

Recruit
Fresh recruits joining the proud 95th Rifles who wish to put their names in history.

Commisioned Officers
captj.png
Captain - Alan
2lt.png
Lieutenant - Angel Forge

Non-Commisioned Officers
sgtwi.png
Sergeant Major (To be filled)
sgtwi.png
Sergeant - Bellefontei
cple.png
Corporal - StuckCrab

Enlisted
mcpl.png
Lance Corporal - Isak
mcpl.png
Lance Corporal - Gutsman
mcpl.png
Chosen Man - Krimdor
mcpl.png
Chosen Man - Rogueryan
pte.png
Private - Dan
pte.png
Private - Ryan
pte.png
Private - Jake Jones
pte.png
Private - Pyreforge
pte.png
Private - Punky616
pte.png
Private - Adam
pte.png
Private - Greeny
pte.png
Private - Stuart Davies
pte.png
Private - Vade
pte.png
Private - Hughsie
pte.png
Private - Gimli
Cadet - Numpty
Cadet - KJ
Recruit - MrEdgarr
Recruit - Sovieticopt
Recruit - John
Recruit - Rusty
Recruit - Freeman
Recruit - Graves
Recruit - Hagman
Recruit - Ibram

Tags - 95th_Rifles_Rank_Name

The 95th have returned to their background, reforming ourselves back as the 95th. As a group we formed a clan, oB (The Old Breed) AND WILL FOREVER REMAIN A PART OF THE GROUP OF AMAZING PEOPLE! And that is how we will stay. We have been here from the start, we fought back the French at Waterloo, we held the bridges against the French at Wavre. We will not go silently, we will go down fighting. The 95th has had a change of commanders many times now, but the people in the riflemans jacket have not changed. The principals have not changed, we have not changed.

If you are interested in joining our ranks, merely for MM or for the whole package then we can be found at http://theoldbreed.co.uk/ we dont aim to be a extremely serious clan, we are a community of gamers and friends. It is as simple as that, anyone is welcome in our ranks if they show maturity. You are not tied down to MM, in fact you are encourage to play other games with us.

"From the beginning, till the end.
From the start when Lord Praetorian founded the glorious 95th rifles we have stood firm. Resplendent in our green uniforms and holding our rifles with pride. I, Moogs The Heterosexual, remember my first training. Lord Praetorian on his horse, thinking to myself: I thought this was a rifle regiment. How wrong I was! It was a swarm of ill trained soldiers and Krimdor. We went through vigorous training including us have a geography lesson about hills, that was the best training ever.
After training hard for many a year, about three weeks, we went to Waterloo. We were not sure what would be expected from us, but we knew one thing, the new hats for us in the patch were ******** sweet. We were quickly ushered off down into La Haye Sainte. Our task, make love, I mean defend the farm. We did that well enough, racking up kills from afar before the French released they could easily take the farm.
It was an eventful event, you see what I did there?
After Waterloo, Lord Praetorian was attacked by bandits in one of his many expeditions to save children in the wilderness of Ireland. He sadly did not return and therefore we were forced to elect a new Captain of the Rifles.
I, Moogs the Heterosexual, won. A new dictator was aboard and I was able to start my reign of tyranny. There were very few members that stayed, meaning we were forced to build up from the start again. The core officer being myself, Moogs the Heterosexual, and Dane, the Dane, we met many new faces and many new friends upon the way building up our skill as well as our steam friends list along the way.
I would mention the trainings, but that would be embarrassing. Lets just say our melee practice consisted of "use the pointy end" and most of the training time was occupied by I spy.
We soon had another event to go to, Wavre. It was not as eventful, a mini waterloo but with a somewhat.. interesting commander leading the Jagers. However, that day we did meet our future Sjt.
It was a tough time after Wavre, people going inactive and us having to clean out our member list. It was dwindling, but a light in the darkness came to us. Pope Greentiny II, with his hat and with his shaft! I mean staff! He guided us through the deep dark mines of Moria, oh wait thats Lord of the Rings.
The foundations we had set in the ground, the friendships we have forged have stayed with us from before Wavre and more were flooding in.
It was a while after Wavre when I was yelled at via steam to get myself onto Teamspeak, I obliged. Only to be met by a Scottish person by the name of Biteme, he asked me:
"Oh Beautiful and Mighty Moogles, word of your wisdom and glory have reached me"
We discussed the possibility of the 95th, TR_95th at the time, joining the 22nd. After much haggling and sex we agreed on the price, I would receive fifteen virgins and a goat.
And so started the reign of Biteme, trainings were tough and tiring. There was a lack of food in the 22nd regimental camp, which caused the 95th to go hunting during one of the trainings. Pope Tiny made a great victory over a wild beast of burden, a horse, Plazeks horse. But thats a minor detail. This meant the 95th could eat for many a day now! And we multiplied in strength, bolstered by comrades in arms we flourished.
But then the purges came, men left people died. Leaving the 95th rifles holding the torch, a meeting of senior sex machines took place. We had decided, Biteme had not delivered on the goat I was promised and therefore I was to leave the 22nd. The knowledge of me leaving stirred an uprising in the ranks many people pledged to leave with me if I did, all of our riflemen willing to leave because of one man. (A small cut from the joke, I'd just like to say how.. emotional? It made me that you were all willing to follow me wherever I went. Its an amazing thing, and i'm truly thankful for it).
Having left the 22nd we started something new.. something different.
The Old Breed, till the end. By this time the 95th was a veteran regiment, a hardened regiment. I, Moogs the heterosexual, still rules over this regiment. And we continue to grow, strength to strength."

The clan is taking it's toll on me, I seem to be getting it too much into my personal life as well, and trying to keep you lot gaming is a pain, and it is just no fun for me anymore.

I wont write a giant speech as Moogs did, but it'll have to do.

I only joined you guys in April last year, and it was fun to be playing with you lot. the linebattles were something new for me, talking while playing, dont be ridiculous. and actually playing other games besides MM was totally new for me as well. 2.5 months later, Moogs left and I was left with most of you. I think we got far enough for me leave with head held high, and I will still hop in TS and play other games of course. I saw good friends leaving, and other people joining.

To be honest, oB was a sinking ship from the  minute Moogs left, and we all know it. The regiments have developed over the last couple of months, and im glad i let the 31st continue.

New Year 2012 got the community some new members and some new friends. Im sure that they will be fine as they are. You are good chaps and i enjoyed playing with you for the last couple of weeks.

Just to put this out there, and i take it that it is not a problem for anyone: I leave Alan as head of oB and 95th for as long as they stay. He gets to make decisions for the clan now, and I hope you can all accept his choices and decisions.

Thnx Wolf, IF you read this, for hosting our servers even now, with me barking at you. You have been a great help for us all.

A few more special thank you's:

Reignlief/Angel (Forge)/ Bronnwyn/Luna/Lucina/Imgonnastopputtingyournamesdownnow, you have been someone i could talk to when i needed, and a flexible and reasonable person when needed. Thank you so much for, even through the tough times, you sticked with me and helped me get through it all.

Belle, you little bugger, never really managed to get rid of you, and i am glad i failed. you have been a help and understandable person to me. And my advice to you is as always, take it easy, you are only young once you'll do just fine, but DO go after the girls, itll get more weird conversations up if you make weird comments again

Nifty, for putting time and effort into helping me whenever you could. You helped me in getting some crucial decisions done in the first period of my Reign, and so helped keeping the community running.

And of course every single one of you that stayed at my side to keep the community running.

Still got a decent amount of text down.

I will see you all later, and see you on the battlefield

That is all.

These were the last reports that Moogs the Heterosexual and Rysborn the Dutch, proud captains of the 95th Rifles, wrote. The last we saw of Moogs was his back, as he and some of his finest soldiers and officers held off an immense French force, sacrificing their lives for their brothers and sister of the Baker Rifle. As of Rysborn, he was hit by real life, hard, in the face. Despite this injury, he continues to sustain a mutual love affair with the 95th.
Now, as the new captain of the glorious 95th Rifles, I shall take on the honor and duty this post requires, and shall try to keep our proud regiment alive, as my predecessors have done before me. The Rifles will always stay strong, and shall always be at the ready when needed.

Trust in your commanding officer, trust in your rifle and trust the rifleman fighting beside you

We are recruiting! Do you think you have what it takes to be a rifleman? Go to http://theoldbreed.co.uk/, sign up and make an application!

Battle Honours: Received battle honours for vital communications, and intelligence in the Waterloo Event​

Also see: 31st Rifle Regiment of Foot "The 31st Yank Rifles" {oB}

The Brave 95th. The Legacy that lives on. The leaders may change but the regiment stands firm, It will remain when most turn and run. Rifles. I salute you.

95th prefers to make a splash :wink:

Good luck guys, I hope the changes breathe a fresh breath of life into the 95th.

Wow this regiment could have gone through 50 captains and still carry on playing! Welldone sofar and goodluck for the future!

Back
Top Bottom