[RCC] New map? New rules? Post suggestions here!

No deathmatching / Randoming allowed? But anyone can kill anyone, as long as they have a reason AND

• Yes, I like this idea

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes, but I would like to suggest something...

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, here is why...

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems that the player base on RCC has given into randoming and ignoring rules as of late.  Most of the people join don't have any notion of what roleplay is, so they join factions and just random eachother.  I think this server needs more admins, as I hardly see admins on during the day.

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
It seems that the player base on RCC has given into randoming and ignoring rules as of late.  Most of the people join don't have any notion of what roleplay is, so they join factions and just random eachother.  I think this server needs more admins, as I hardly see admins on during the day.

We have admins on all day during the weekends, but the majority of us live in the US and have school so its not like we can be on during the early hours of the day to administrate.

Splintert said:
PM nobody about it. Tell him you have my approval XD

I did. Nothing change.I am banned.

I really do not want to post anymore, but I like to back to the game. Nobody,Artifex,Splintert...pls lift the ban. After all it seams that I was not only one who had problem with bandits during the day time(UK). I broke the rules to fight back others rules breakers.
I promise, once again, not to do that anymore and just trust that admins will deal with problem.
Saying that I have to admit: I would preffer system of play which does not need admins so much to be fair and playable. If I will not be tell "shut up" I can give you some ideas how to do that..

PS.Bounty will be against the rules. If I back to the game and I will start to hunt bandits with the bounty you will ban me again. Only truly RP way is to have bounty list with the names on it ,in city market, which you can look at(but this involve modders again to do that).

Novicus, I haven't had time to unban you.

I'm sorting out problems on Strategus, I managed to start a world war by making enemies with 22nd somehow...

I have a suggestion, make a rule that says even brigands can't random,

There are plenty of things that bandits do that don't have to involve killing, but usually lead up to it. 

There is no RP in random, and bandits shouldn't random, they can hire themselves out as mercenaries and such, but randoming just seems plain bad for the server in general, no matter who is doing it.

Bandits aren't allowed to random. They are allowed to kill anyone they want, but randoming is against the rules.
Definitions
Killing anyone they want: Can set up a roadblock to rob merchants, or assassinate leaders ect.
Randoming: Killing everyone they see simply because they want to get the kill.

Thanks for clearing that up, because most bandits I see on the server kill anyone they want, without a reason.  Whenever I ask them why they killed anyone they answer "I'm a bandit!"

Yeah, I'm trying to get a bounty system so when bandits kill Town Watch and Civilians they get +1k to their bounty count, added to the person who kills them's denar stash when they die.

If it was a little less subtle, I would be totally behind it.  Maybe posters could appear around town with the persons face on it and how much is on their head, if it just said BOUNTY above their head, that wouldn't leave much room for rp.

Hmmm... Here is a rule for you guys, I'll put a poll up.

No 'Deathmatching / Randoming' by anyone.
Anyone can kill anyone, but doing it without a just reason is a no-no.
Killing random people is randoming.
Killing lots of people is Griefing / Randoming.

Some definition of "just reason" would be helpfull.
"I do not like you" - could be a reason.
I thought earlier about rules/guide for any profession.Something like: knight - protect serfs and fight other knights, bandit - look for profit no kill, marchant - co operate with other marchant(idea of marchant guild),TW - protect marchant interest etc,etc
(it is just quick examples, not something I want to argue about)

I vote yes anyway as I like general idea.

PS.I still seaking for support to extreme RP rules and no rules:Two RCC servers("hell" and "heaven") but I will end my project of "save" map(know how) thirst. The way I see it. Extreme RP("heaven") would ask Laszlo for improvement of "normal life" of players(some funny things to do like weapon making,improvement on trade and for example "Tavern life","Settlers PW" in general), No rules,no start money ("hell") need "save map"

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
If it was a little less subtle, I would be totally behind it.  Maybe posters could appear around town with the persons face on it and how much is on their head, if it just said BOUNTY above their head, that wouldn't leave much room for rp.

it is invisible to everyone else, except when it changes. For example:

Bandit kills a merchant.
Server message: " [x] bounty on [playername]"
bandit never kills anyone else, nor gets killed. his bounty stays at 1k but is only announced once

Just think about one thing: That would lead to bandit hunt...some players(randomers) will kill all bandits to get reward eventually...when they get this right one...This idea may(I said may) encourage bandits killing and justify this...

Suggestion: think again,maybe is other way to do it.

in response to the bounty thing - it would (i think) work really well if only civs and TW can redeem the bounties :razz:  that way itle not make it a bandit hunt in any way - and TW wont be breaking laws and randoming all bandits because they will be after the wanted ones - and civs cant get great gear so no worries on the unfair raping front.

Back
Top Bottom