[RCC] New map? New rules? Post suggestions here!

No deathmatching / Randoming allowed? But anyone can kill anyone, as long as they have a reason AND

• Yes, I like this idea

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes, but I would like to suggest something...

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, here is why...

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
Jazora said:
So if Civilian/Serf had some more different clothes and werent completely rubbish at fighting, would you use them?

if i was roleplaying combat stats would mean utterly nothing since the best way to win a fight is not to get into it, so yes, i would use it.
N0body said:
I do, and I agree with this.
But it's up to TW I guess (Or the king)
Someone should make a thread with TW 'Laws'

please no. TW laws should be made according to who is the Town Watch/owns the town at the time.

That's what I said.

Also on the thread bit, what I really meant was a thread saying possible laws.

I hate one thing... bandits law.

Bandit can kill anyone wherever he wants to.

Normal man can't kill bandit until he attacks him.

My propsal is to change one rule. Being a bandit comes with responsibility that anyone can kill you aswell as you can kill anyone. That would be fair for both sides. You don't have to kill bandits, but you can if you want to.

Today's example.

I got killed by raving bandits in town 3 times in row. I bought some weps and went there to take my revenge. I killed first bandit around and got my ass kicked off the server, becouse he wasn't one of them, just another one. That's really annoying...

If You can't attack pointing bandit at You with a bow, than what chance do you even have...

Please consider my suggestion,

Libertine

IF a bandit is "acting suspiciously" you can ask them to leave - if they are stalking you you can retaliate, if they point their weapons at you you can fight back (though be careful, sometimes weapon point is a rp thing - personally i use the stab for rp as it looks cool and its obviously not gona be my first attack). bandits with their weapons unsheathed CAN be considered hostile.. though if they arent acting hostile its nice to not just "consider" them hostile because you want to kill them.

and making bandits KOS would be very unrealistic and rp like.. i still oppose that bandits should be a class, but i like their stats more than any of the others (armor too) - if it was changed neutral with same armor and stats id do that.. most realistic thing would be some sort of TW bounty system but i doubt that is do able and if it was would take too much time - learn the players basically.. many are deathmatching losers - not to hard to pick out and dont bother trusting them if they prove to be untrustworthy..

Yes most people do play brigand just to random, I think the idea made by Libertine, Would get rid of Banditry and make it for the only special few, Such as Leroy, which is good but I think a better idea would be if they was ARMED they could be killed on sight, such as the 'Pilgrims' who are armed to the teeth and in reality they would walk around with sticks, Which it even shows you in MnB (When you break in castles and caught).

NOVICIUS said:
playing as bandit for most of players is just excuse to random
they can kill at spawn area if they want
Do not be suprise:
rules are made by RCC...RCC members play as bandits...what a coincident :roll:

(I know Leroy you are different but it does not change big picture)

PS.Libertine...If you like this game be careful with critics...You may get ban like me for nothing

Actually I RP. I kill bandits and save civs.

Libertine said:
I hate one thing... bandits law.

Bandit can kill anyone wherever he wants to.

Normal man can't kill bandit until he attacks him.

My propsal is to change one rule. Being a bandit comes with responsibility that anyone can kill you aswell as you can kill anyone. That would be fair for both sides. You don't have to kill bandits, but you can if you want to.

Today's example.

I got killed by raving bandits in town 3 times in row. I bought some weps and went there to take my revenge. I killed first bandit around and got my ass kicked off the server, becouse he wasn't one of them, just another one. That's really annoying...

If You can't attack pointing bandit at You with a bow, than what chance do you even have...

Please consider my suggestion,

Libertine

I kicked you for randomly attacking me out of no where. I was just walking through the sewers and BAM some random dude is attacking me out of no where. Of course I'm going to kick you, that is COMPLETE randoming.

In terms of your suggestion, it doesn't work that way. The rule was originally like that when we first made our server. What happened was only one or two people would be bandits, but they would always be killed for no reason.

Bandit 1: *walking through the forest, no weapons or anything - just trying to get to point A from point B*
Random Soldier: *gallops up on his horse and kills the bandit*
Bandit 1: *respawn* WHY DID YOU DO THAT! I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING! YOU'RE SUCH A GRIEFER *rage quit*
Bandit 2: *walking around the fields*
Random Soldier 2: *gallops up and kills him*
Bandit 2: WHY DID YOU DO THAT WTF!
Bandit 2: *Rage quit*

The other situation is that the bandit just becomes a faction soldier of some faction and starts revenge killing whoever killed him while he was a bandit.

ANOTHER situation, is that EVERYONE just becomes a bandit.

THUS two rules came into existence:

1) No killing bandits until they've committed an actual crime.
2) New Life Rule - prevents over use of characters - no revenge killing, new character each death, etc.

People already complained about the new life rule because they don't want to be a new person every time they die, or they say one person is just a randomer and is killing him constantly. In that case DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NEW LIFE RULE AND INSTEAD REPORT THEM FOR GRIEFING/RANDOMING/REVENGE KILLING.

Now you want to remove the bandit rule - we'll be back at square one and the game will slowly go down again. HOWEVER, if you can think of a better way to manage this then propose your idea we'd be glad to help the community enjoy the mod on our server more.

NOVICIUS said:
playing as bandit for most of players is just excuse to random
they can kill at spawn area if they want
Do not be suprise:
rules are made by RCC...RCC members play as bandits...what a coincident :roll:

(I know Leroy you are different but it does not change big picture)

PS.Libertine...If you like this game be careful with critics...You may get ban like me for nothing

Stop spreading lies just because you got banned for spawn killing and stop ****ing saying we all play bandits, I'm getting tired of it.

Also, we don't ban people for critiquing the rules - NOTICE HOW WE HAVE A DAMN THREAD ASKING what the opinion on rules are?

The only problem that I do find, is that people are using bandit to random and getting what they want, Knights have to wait until a bandit strikes and normally thats too late, First rule that should be put in place is bandits need a motive or else its just randoming, Also the NLR should be so only that you completely forget about your death, Not that you are a new person.

I think the New Life Rule should promote a complete new person - you died, you aren't the same person anymore. If you "forget" about your death and who killed you, you might as well be a new person anyways.

Having an assassin kill a king only to have that king respawn and say "IM STILL KING" is stupid. No he's not, he was just killed. It is someone else's turn to be king or the entire faction/kingdom should just fall into anarchy and dissipate.

Also, "First rule that should be put in place is bandits need a motive or else its just randoming" I will bring that up on the clan site.

I say we scrap the rules we have been using since v2 and get entirely new ones.

also, we run different sets of rules on different days.

Ruleset 1 - Loose Rules
1) No spawn camping
2) No killing the same person again and again.

That's it. This ruleset is for those who prefer a 'no rules' type of server

Ruleset 2 - Strict Rules
1) No spawn camping
2) No killing the same person again and again
3) Do not kill people randomly for the fun of it (aka Randoming)
4) Bandits may kill anyone, so long as they have a LEGITIMATE REASON, as determined by the highest ranking admin at the time
5) Neutrals must remain neutral, unless hired by a faction (aka no picking sides in a war)
    5.1) In order to be considered 'hired', they must wear the faction's shield.
6) Factions must declare war on other factions, this IMMEDIATELY makes both factions able to kill ARMED players of the other faction
7) Follow the 'New Life Rule' - upon death you forget EVERYTHING that happened in a previous life, also you cannot reclaim a position of power you had before.
8.) Bandits are classified as 'Civilian' until they are WITNESSED commiting a crime (chat log casualty report DOESNT COUNT)
9) **THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE** Roleplay. If both players agree that they were roleplaying, ALL rules are overridden in that specific case

This ruleset is for people who like having stricter rules for people to follow

Which ruleset is active depends on what day of the week it is:
Sunday: Ruleset 1
Monday: Ruleset 1
Tuesday: Ruleset 1
Wednesday : Ruleset 2
Thursday: Ruleset 2
Friday: Ruleset 2
Saturday: Ruleset 2

Hopefully this can alleviate some of the argument over what rules should be used.

I do understand what you mean by the King thing, but normally the only way the server is kept in peace is by having a faction lead or else it just turns to banditry. It also depends on the circumstances really if myself was King and I got killed by a random bandit rather than a hired assassin I dont think it should count because all the work of building the Kingdom and keeping the peace will be ruined by just some randomer.

well... killing a king isnt that difficult in this game. yes they are just another man - but killing the one guy in charge wouldnt really dissapate a faction - what about heirs etc. and lets say it was me and a bunch of my loyal "followers" :razz: (you know the crowd...) often they would rather follow me even if its just us two vs 6 than fight against me and take power :razz:

i think the nerfed gta style nlr isnt too bad - but i still think that people shouldnt return to a battle until its over - its annoying as hell - i beat 10 guys with 5 guys - and they just keep coming and coming... ugh xD

once again - its not too hard to follow the nlr - personally i check the tab scores every few seconds to see who died :razz: ofc i make mistakes sometimes but i usually know if someguy has died so i dont kill them again... ofcourse they usually try and knife me / shoot me in the back.... the wonders of the ¬ button eh? :razz:

once again what we really need is a bounty system.. wether player organised or part of the mod - if you witness some guy get killed and they arent wearing a helmet (even though you cant see their name - you know their face) announce it in global. if they ARE wearing a helmet and you are too far away to read the name describe them -people will know who it was anyway due to the deathlog :razz:

again - i agree their are too many bandits - but perhaps another mod suggestion in the wrong thread :razz: rename them outlaws instead of brigand - then it will also justify that they are lawbreakers and not just randoming bastards (which most are)..

if you see a group of 2 or 3 "pilgrims" armed to the teeth headed to you , turn a corner - if they still go after you then its pretty obvious what they want so point your sword or bow etc etc etc

im pretty sure this rule used to be here (dont know if it is anymore) - but the pilgrim outfit was meant to be a RP outfit that just happened to reside in the brigand class - yet the majority of randomers wear this outfit .... not sure why - ive only seen about 4 people in my entire play wear the pilgrim outfit acting as pilgrims and not just saying "dont hurt mehz , ize a p1lgr1m - not banditz" when they are about to get their ass kicked.

i think the brigand class should encourage both robin hood type outlaws and the average munchkin who cant do anything without another 3 men to back him up.

and ofcourse its SAFER to play a bandit - if you are worried some guy is gona kill you, you CAN kill them without getting kicked... wereas as a neutral you cant really do that until you type up a long speech - which by the end of you are full of holes.

town watch need more incentive to be played - their armor is too heavy and looks like dog turg covered in fluff - and the scale mail of theirs looks like they belong in someones basement with multiple rubber phallaces jammed into their few openings....

again .. brigand title is something that should be earned - not given to you at "birth"

Nice Splintert. personally I would prefer first rule set, but I have to say something about second one:
"8.) Bandits are classified as 'Civilian' until they are WITNESSED commiting a crime (chat log casualty report DOESNT COUNT)"
For me bandit who have weapon other than wooden staff or single 1h weapon is bandit, not pilgrim. Especially if he has any ranged weapon. Owning weapon is "preparing to commit crime", so it's crime in most countries laws (i.e. - if police see you making nuclear bomb, they can arrest you even if you haven't detonate any bomb in your life)

Right, but carrying a concealed weapon is not a crime unless it isn't registered. since there is no way to register weapons...
my bounty idea will fix this - make it dangerous to actually kill someone

I posted in the suggestion forum a bounty system

Bandits have a bounty counter, every time they kill a civilian or a Town Watchman, their bounty goes up by 1k. When they are killed, the total bounty amount is immediately added to the person who got the killing blow.

but thatle still be a little tricky and unfair - often a civilian will start attacking everybody near him so he can die and change to w/e when they are done making money - and alot of people attack bandits because they are bandits - if they survive the fight then they are just "criminals" out of self defence :S

and there are many tw that attack bandits on sight.. then again we have  apassworded server now so that might stop.. have to wait and see :razz:

Back
Top Bottom