Random movement of my party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Selvhan

Knight
Hey,

it's probably a m&b problem but when I ask my party to move somewhere, it often go on the opposite direction. Then my party does a LONG detour to finaly reach the destination I asked. Not so bad ? Well, when you have an heretic army close to you and your party decide to go on the wrong direction, you die.

Anyway to fix that ?

Selvhan said:
Hey,

it's probably a m&b problem but when I ask my party to move somewhere, it often go on the opposite direction. Then my party does a LONG detour to finaly reach the destination I asked. Not so bad ? Well, when you have an heretic army close to you and your party decide to go on the wrong direction, you die.

Anyway to fix that ?

I've been experiencing this alot lately as well.

Think it has something to do with the way the map is textured. In native if ya click on a city while standing outside another, it follows the road more or less to the other one. PoP doesnt have visually defined roads but i think its the game following the same paths.

It is the pathfinding system. (not the Skill) When you click somewhere, your party will look for the route that is fastest. Then to make it look smooth and not jagged, a formula is applied to curve the route. This formula doesn't always work so well, and sometimes you will do like a "C" pattern instead of a "(" Pattern. That's my guess anyway, and I have personally worked on pathfinding systems.

Back
Top Bottom