QUOTE rules: "it's still CLAN tournament."

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaharist

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I am not complaining or smth, but last two matches we had made me post this thread

If it is CLAN tournament then WHY is it allowed to have mercs in your team with your clanmates spectating?
I thought it's a measure to avoid 10-12 battles, but not to make your clan stronger by taking players of other clans.
By the way, every clan signed in here wrote in application that 12 is ok for them...

If you want to take mercs with you then at least make sure that you have none of your clanmates in specs.

Zaharist said:
I am not complaining or smth, but last two matches we had made me post this thread

If it is CLAN tournament then WHY is it allowed to have mercs in your team with your clanmates spectating?
I thought it's a measure to avoid 10-12 battles, but not to make your clan stronger by taking players of other clans.
By the way, every clan signed in here wrote in application that 12 is ok for them...

If you want to take mercs with you then at least make sure that you have none of your clanmates in specs.

- mercs are not allowed  since the round 4 of winners bracket, and since the round 5 of loosers bracket. Reason:  it's still CLAN tournament. Don't think these strong clans, who reached these rounds, really need mercs. That's it.

Its not enough? Oo

Read the rules! They were allowed until the middle of tournament. But whoever uses then after, then it's not "legal". So, if anyone used mercs this round, then we have a problem.

Arcas Nebun said:
Read the rules!
Read the topic name! -)

I think it's quite stupid when clan has 2-4 players in specs with good ping and 2 mercs playing in team. and it doesn't really matter wether it's first round or the last one. imo mercs are needed when you don't have enough players (but how the hell did you write "12 players is ok for my clan" when it's not?) but not when you want to replace your 2 clan noobs (leaving them in specs) with 2 top\good players. in 12 ppl teams 2 players "make weather".

Zaharist said:
Arcas Nebun said:
Read the rules!
Read the topic name! -)

I think it's quite stupid when clan has 2-4 players in specs with good ping and 2 mercs playing in team. and it doesn't really matter wether it's first round or the last one. imo mercs are needed when you don't have enough players (but how the hell did you write "12 players is ok for my clan" when it's not?) but not when you want to replace your 2 clan noobs (leaving them in specs) with 2 top\good players. in 12 ppl teams 2 players "make weather".

Agreed.

I think that if a clan can't even guarantee the minimum of 12 players, it shouldn't take part of the tournament. But being this something so easy to exploit (mercs can just pick a random nickname with clan tag or even use the nick of another real member of the clan) that I don't really care.

Also people allowed to merc should be only clanless guys, it's quite weird that right now I could play both for AB and, for example, CoR as merc

btw about rules.
I am not sure, correct me if I am wrong.
If player substitutes another player (dead one) before the round ends, he'll have 1,5k gold next round.
If it's right then we should make rule: substitute joins team in the beginning of the round or substitutes only after 5 rounds.

ok. if you allow small clans (who can't have 12 players every battle) to participate it's ok (but what was the reason to include "12 ppl is ok for my clan" in applications?).
But I am talking about clans who have 2 mercs in team and 4 clanmates in specs. They are big enough to play with their own players.

Zaharist said:
ok. if you allow small clans (who can't have 12 players every battle) to participate it's ok (but what was the reason to include "12 ppl is ok for my clan" in applications?).
But I am talking about clans who have 2 mercs in team and 4 clanmates in specs. They are big enough to play with their own players.
how you gonna prove this?

even 22nd can make their spectators leave, and play with 2 uber mercs, saying that they are small clan and cant have more players :smile:)

And u will never prove that they have more. Because their roster can be in their closed subforum for example.

Black_Corsair said:
MaHuD said:
Why not remove that rule and make it 0 mercenaries?
Seriously <.<
to allow small clans to participate in tourney.

in  semi final and final rounds of tourneys mercs are forbidden
So effectively, you're allowing small clans to participate in the tourney, but you're not allowing them to win. Because if they do well enough with the 'mercs' to get to the semi final, they suddenly can't use them anymore and don't have enough players to continue. Why not just allow matches to be played with less than 12vs12?

Because playing less than 12v12, the best clans will bring in their 8 best players and dominate the series due to individual skill.
The "top" players will simply become too good when pitched in small battlefields.
I do however not have any problems what so ever with mercs, as long as they do not belong to a clan that also plays in the league.

Back
Top Bottom