Question about modding tournaments

Users who are viewing this thread

SirKeeper

Recruit
Hello
I'm creating my own mod which involves new factions (I'm using this as my main guide: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334271.0.html) with their respective settlements.
In adding the towns I used the scenes of Yalen as a template for my first one (until I create my own scenes). One thing I noticed is that the tournament gives horses, turbans, javelins and bows to the competitors. Not a particularly bad problem, however it doesn't fit the faction I am making. I'm asking help in modifying the tournament gear, in order to make it more thematic.
Another question I have is how hard is it to change the tournaments, and make them like Floris or 1257 AD?

Thank you,

SirKeeper

I still can't seem to figure it out. In the thread you showed I saw no reference to modifying items based on town.

Hm, not sure how it normally looks in Singleplayer, I am mostly working at Multiplayer.

Somebody wrote also this note here (leading to the other thread I have already linked you)

Somebody said:
I've made a post a long time ago. Basically, the game arbitrarily assigns equipment to all the troops, passing the various items (or starting points, in the case of armor since they should be different colors) as parameters to the script, which you can modify in any way you want. Note however that the equipment assignment is based on the factional index - when a city is taken, that index is changed, so you might want to have specific cases for each city instead of a randomized number when deciding equipment.

So maybe you have to have some if-clauses depending on the city's faction which is hosting the tournament. Did you already compare it with the code in Native?

My main problem is that I don't understand the Module System enough  :roll:
I look at that part of code and can't for the life of me understand how to pick it up and manipulate it in order to get town specific gear, like native does. I'll hopefuly get there though.

SirKeeper said:
My main problem is that I don't understand the Module System enough  :roll:
I look at that part of code and can't for the life of me understand how to pick it up and manipulate it in order to get town specific gear, like native does. I'll hopefuly get there though.

that script is just the implementation of a design idea for Warband. You can replace all that with whatever you want, but you do need to learn the basics of coding MBScript for that.

As a example VC uses the faction for the tournament gear. Some mods use the town, or culture, etc.

Install a decent text editor like Notepad++, SublimeText, etc, and search for who calls the script, how it is used, and replace the old rules with your new ideas.

Thank you very much for all the help. I had no idea that the Mount and Blade modding community was still this active. I will take a look at the thread Earandil is refering.

Back
Top Bottom