Question about hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Outlawed

Sergeant Knight
Hello community,

Don't you hate it when helmets cut your hair and you're bald all of a sudden.
I saw in the port of the Cowboy (=p) mod, that some hats still had hair underneath them.
I was wondering how this can be done.
I know you can remove the covers hair flag, but that makes hair above the brim visible. Any idea on how to make the helmets/caps only take the hair below the brim?
Thanks.

You have to make a mesh with a transparent texture on it for your helm mesh. You can't see the hairs throught it, but the helmet.

Kartoffel said:
You have to make a mesh with a transparent texture on it for your helm mesh. You can't see the hairs throught it, but the helmet.

Okay, can you possibly rephrase that please? lol

Azrooh said:
There's an item flag for this, but some hairstyles will clip through it
Ask Shredzorz how he did it with his Age of False Innocence mod.

Didn't he made the hair himself, as a mesh, part of the helmet? I think he did.

I dont think he did that. The hats seem to change with hair style and there is a part where you would expect the hair to pop right out, but its not. I'll talk to him about it when I get the time.

oh i c

Thanks for replying here (was going to PM at some point)

I guess I'll play around with transparent meshes and see what I can do.

Try multimeshing a helmet with some additional part to act as 'hair' that uses the 'hair' material. Basically you'd have your helmet mesh, and then a 'hair' mesh. If you multimesh it, the 'hair' will show up with the model. You will not have control over the hairstyle with the helmet, but you also won't have clipping issues either....

CounterPoint391 said:
Try multimeshing a helmet with some additional part to act as 'hair' that uses the 'hair' material. Basically you'd have your helmet mesh, and then a 'hair' mesh. If you multimesh it, the 'hair' will show up with the model. You will not have control over the hairstyle with the helmet, but you also won't have clipping issues either....

Yeah, thats what I was going to do. Different hairstyles for different helmets for NPC troop items and as for player items, well, some will be like that and others wont.

Outlawed said:
CounterPoint391 said:

Yeah, thats what I was going to do. Different hairstyles for different helmets for NPC troop items and as for player items, well, some will be like that and others wont.

It's a good solution, except so far I haven't seen a mod team circumvent the hair color problem. I wonder if it could be efficiently done by using multiple variants of a mesh, with each variant using a different hair texture color.

Nate said:
Outlawed said:
CounterPoint391 said:

It's a good solution, except so far I haven't seen a mod team circumvent the hair color problem. I wonder if it could be efficiently done by using multiple variants of a mesh, with each variant using a different hair texture color.

I'll probably add colour variations for different models, but probably not the same model. So one helmet would always have black hair for example.

Back
Top Bottom