Question about Creativity and the crafting system

Users who are viewing this thread

As of right now I don't understand what is the purpose of the creativity skill, at first I thought it was linked to the Rigale crafting system, but after reading a bit (duh) it seems that skill is only linked to Berembert...
Next about the Rigale system, if I understand correctly the recipe unlocks themselves as you get more skilled, but are we really locked to 6 kind of sword ?
Sometime when I mine i get rare ore do these have an effect on the weapon you create ?
Finally when I create strange sword is the result always gonna be short strange sword or can it become any kind of strange sword ...

If some of you guys cound share your light on these point it would be fantastic.

Have a nice day !

tonfa said:
As of right now I don't understand what is the purpose of the creativity skill, at first I thought it was linked to the Rigale crafting system, but after reading a bit (duh) it seems that skill is only linked to Berembert...
Next about the Rigale system, if I understand correctly the recipe unlocks themselves as you get more skilled, but are we really locked to 6 kind of sword ?
Sometime when I mine i get rare ore do these have an effect on the weapon you create ?
Finally when I create strange sword is the result always gonna be short strange sword or can it become any kind of strange sword ...

If some of you guys could share your light on these point it would be fantastic.

Have a nice day !

Berembert's crafting is from Guspav; Rigale crafting started out with a system from Cernunos "Rigale", which I inherited some time ago.  Chiefly
what changed in Rigale was the introduction of "intermediate" components used in crafting more complex things, and otherwise the system is still fairly close to what Cernunos provided.  There are a limited number of recipes because each recipe needs about 15 minutes to place and test, so only around 90 of them have so far been made.  The point was to prove the system works, and to offer some items suitable for your companions and spouse to use.

Berembert's crafting tends to be much slower and more expensive, but the target items are fairly good.  The whole point of going through that long procedure is wasted when people can just cheat menu item select the final result reliably, so this was one reason for locking down the items in cheat - items, although to do it right I should stop the cheat items considerably before where they are now.  Again, I was mainly interested in if I COULD lock the items, and there is room for more finesse, given infinite time/energy/focus, none of which I have.

Recipes certainly do unlock as you gain more skill.  Have you tried my test characters?  You could borrow one just to try out advanced crafting -- in v156, and running Warband 1.173, you could use  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OH-t_d0IwNrtbAGx40NIe2FJN7IGA3Rv/view?usp=sharing
I'll have to stop and load 1.172 to see what to use for v156 and v150 series.  With P8 most of the crafting was back-ported to v150 for older save games.  Most of my sample characters have 19 skill or so and mastery for the 3 crafting flavors.

Each recipe makes 1 and only 1 final product; some things like leatherworking intermediate materials can make waste products as well.
The ITEM modifiers for any given end product can modify the item (a heavy armored mount versus an armored mount, with different stats and values, but they're considered the same item # with different modifiers, in this case "heavy" for one and "none" for the other).  Although a strange short sword is made, and not a strange katana or great sword, the item modifiers greatly change how good the sword is.  And it is a stealth weapon, which was the whole idea of making that one as a recipe.  The recipes are fairly basic things, not quite four ways inn quality, but might have impressive item modifiers if you made enough of them at high skill (it may take 3-4 tries to get a high modifier even if you have high skill).

Most of the low types of swords were for training your skills, although I strongly recommend you take the guild training instead of crafting with materials you bought.  If you however got a bunch of free materials, such as hides and furs from hunting, or some iron from mining, making things in the hopes of failing and getting the skill ups from the learning experience could be something, as is the random and rare skill up that happens merely from making anything at all.  The higher the skill of the item the harder it is to make and the idea is to pick things 2-3 skill required lower than your current skill, or if you pick something you have much higher skill the chance for a positive item modifier increases.

[Your current skill + a bonus for each category guild rating (novice is a minus, campagnon is neutral, master is a plus) + a 20-sided dice roll]
-  (skill of the item being made), must exceed 8 or better.  Below that are bad fails, which can lose your tools, so I mostly won't try to craft below 8.  But in theory you COULD skill up entirely by making things, at first very primitive and ending with very high skill items, some of which are supplies normally built by enterprises or which with item modifiers could approach some of the four ways inn things.  You cannot craft everything there is; but at least there are a few things you can make, enough to equip companions fairly well.  The test characters I made should show some well equipped companions, generally mostly with rigale created gear.

Hmm try this folder for v156 / v155:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IpoRh0Pu3j3cvyNwMnEZk9SLYN2uT2lW?usp=sharing
then this one for v150 games:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLjsum2MCZ13aXU_fRRklljp6wpnolQR?usp=sharing

Other than that, notice one had a crafting spreadsheet in Excel for what recipes make what items, which you could use for planning.
Notice you can buy from merchants far less cost than making your own items; but eventually you might make items with better item modifiers than merchants.  It is a separate meta-game, the art of making things as a diversion from murder and mayhem.  I kind of feel my time is wrongly spent just making things blow up or helping juveniles fantasize about undead armies as their slaves and scaring the local populace with their "pets".  It's not much but its a start.

Thank for the fast replie I really appreciate it.; since I actually never played phantasy 2014 I was a bit lost, now I get it a little bit more thanks to you
Now my last question, I put Like 6 point in Creativity, is it useful or not ? x)

Beside I'll use the searchbar to understand what's Berembert's crafting and the four way inn is about.

Again Thank you Gsanders for the exhaustive answer, it shows you really care about your mod !

tonfa said:
Now my last question, I put Like 6 point in Creativity, is it useful or not ? x)

Again Thank you Gsanders for the exhaustive answer, it shows you really care about your mod !

a) hmm you wasted it if it is on you.  The crafting from Berembert is started by dialogs; you have to talk to Berembert.
But its a useful question; maybe I should pre-pump creativity for Berembert and then freeze the skill so other people don't waste points in it.
Or, alternately, maybe it should become a small buff to Rigale crafting rolls, although I think Rigale crafting is tweaked enough for now.

b) the excessive answers are either I want to avoid the back and forth of lots of follow-up questions by anticipating everything you might answer up front (since I may not be on to answer until the next day but you may need the answers NOW), or I really am clueless that I talk too much and gave you an unsolicited Aspie dump.  Let's pretend it's the first line even when its the second, which mostly only happens when I am <really> tired.

c) the four ways inn is a village looking spot a little west and south from Dhirim, not so far from the center of the map.  Most of the 4-ways inn was written by Guspav, and there are quite a few services.
  Among other things there is a banker you can deposit and borrow from, that pays some interest; there is a ransom broker that is always available; there is a teleporter to instantly go to any town for a fee; there is a shady arms dealer that has daily items for sale, and those items change each 24 hours; and last and new is the ability to park troops there, sort of like an outpost, that you did not have to go through the hassle of building.  This might help someone get started before they are strong enough to really start their own faction - or might help prepare an escape for a new king about to get his faction crushed by too many enemies.  I have successfully evaded such a defeat and left to resurface someplace far away from Dodge city -- errm Dhirim.  If you have too many enemies, being in the exact center of the map is not helping matters.

a) Well I wanna restart my character now, but that's my dumbass fault, I should have read better.

b) By exhaustive I meant complete, Like I AM REALLY glad you took the time and effort to answer my question !

The fact that you leave no blank is helpful !

Back
Top Bottom