Question about companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Warchild

Veteran
Hi everyone!

First of all, since it's my first post here, I'd like to thank the modding team of 1257ad for their amazing work and the community for providing so much information.

Well, here's my problem.

I'm back to this game from a long time without playing and so I made a fresh install of the SVN version. Everything works well except one thing about companions. I found a list of the new companions with their names and I opened troops.txt with Morgh's editing tool : they are all there.

But in game I still have some of them with old names. For instance I have a big strong warrior called Elwira.
"Wow, Elwira, you seem... different. Changed your hairstyle or something?"
And companions added after the old ones have no problem.

Honestly I don't care, and I know companions are not finished, but this time I wish to edit them and no trace of Elwira in troops.txt.
So I don't know if it will work if I edit companions in that case and since I have to start a new game after editing and search for them across the map it can be long for one test, so I ask.

Is it normal or did I do something wrong? Is it hardcoded or specified somewhere else? I searched a lot and I didn't see anyone saying he have something like that, so sorry if it has been said somewhere.

Hoping someone can help me and once more great work on it, this is the best mod ever.

On this same topic I wonder as to why there is a reason for Jean and the crusaders' dialogs are as follows:
Jean option 1, Jean option 1, Jean payment option 1

Are these characters still being developed? This is one thing in the game that made me feel like it was unfinished. Fixing this and giving the characters proper dialog wouldn't take to long.

DrTomas said:
They were never finished. Because of that I'm gonna murder them and introduce a slightly different companion system. This will be done soon.

I'm all in for the murder thing, aye, but ask me the questions three first:

Will I still be able to equip them as I do now?
Will they still number 29?
Will I still be abley to promote them to lordship, when I own a kingdom?

Yes.
The number will change, but you probably will be able to have less of them. But total number will probably be bigger. IE recruiting them from England will bring a bit different companions(in name, basic gear, appearance and perhaps some minor stat changes) then getting them from Russia

DrTomas said:
Yes.
The number will change, but you probably will be able to have less of them. But total number will probably be bigger. IE recruiting them from England will bring a bit different companions(in name, basic gear, appearance and perhaps some minor stat changes) then getting them from Russia

Daggers or clubs? For the murdering I mean. I prefer daggers, to be honest.  :twisted:

Just to answer my original question, that was just a translation problem. In fact, there's still the old names in troops.csv in the french translation folder. Since I play in french, I got wrong names. Removed the lines, and it's OK.

Just giving the info, in case someone wonders.

It's from line 898 to line 929 in the french troops.csv

Back
Top Bottom