SP - General Questing and Crafting

Users who are viewing this thread

kampfbock

Recruit
Crafting:
There are different kinds of artisans and workshops, but the only available crafting job for players is smith and even then, its only weapon-smith.
So my proposal would be to add some more crafting jobs. Armour-smith would be the most logical, but we could even discern between leatherworking and metalworking. You could even add crafters for all the other types of workshops, but since those only produce a single good all of the same quality at the moment, i guess anything else than equipment wouldnt make much sense right now.
Quests:
The quest system, which are just rng events right now doesn't feel good. There is way too little variety to them and the fact that they are just random also doesn't feel organic.So adding more quests is a no brainer and is certainly on the to-do list. But i would like them to also be less random in nature.
Add crafting quests. There is one quest given by gangleaders, they ask you to provide weapons and you could do that by crafting, but it is random and most of the time you have excess trash equipment laying around anyway, so you just give them that.
I would imagine a crafting quest given by the local smithy, that requires you to craft a certain number of items of a certain quality for them. They would always be acceptable at any smithy, not a random event. How much they pay for it might differ based on local prices and the workshops profitability,
More trade quests. A settlement or town could hire me to supply them with certain good for example, ideally this would be linked to their economy. A town low on food would give the quest to supply food and so on. How much you get form that would depend on the local price of the good you supply.
The caravan patrole quest should be acceptable from any caravan or any merchant in a town, again their payment could differ. It could even be expanded to also include the villagers bringing their good to the towns.
Training troops quest should also be available from any town-elder.
Garrison quest should be available at any governor of a castle/town low on garrison troops.
Rougery quests, like assasination, kidnapping or plundering could also be added. Of course this would require a rework of how war works at the moment. Plundering a caravan or looting a village shouldn't lead to war between kingdoms, a criminal rating with the faction and relationship penalty with the related characters makes way more sense. These quests could be temporary events, but ideally would have some connection to the state of the world. So characters would hire me to kill some enemy of theirs or plunder a caravan of their enemy, not just some random guy.
If i am part of a faction there could also be exclusive quests , which could be seen as orders by your liege or incase of mercenary status employer. Capture fief X, pillage settlement X, beat army X, imprison/kill/persuade noble X. Again, even though they may be temporary, there should be a clear conncetion to the state of the world.

If you have anymore ideas for interesting quests, dont hesitate to add them.

Garrison quest should highlight the town where those forsaken random generated ass troops are.

Training troops quest each quest troop should receive the total xp from each battle.

Otherwise those quests are RNG crap and are a waste of time.

This is just recent observation, I am sure there are more to come.

QC testing for the win.

Back
Top Bottom