PWMOD Event Idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Illusive Man

Sergeant at Arms
I particapated in several PWMOD events and some were great and some were boring. I love events that are full of mystery and unknowns like the Dark Island event, I played in the very first Dark Island ever held and it was great. It's a fighting event like just any other just that is has those things I mentioned before, adventure. The idea was inspired by the hell dungeons in the map known as "River of Sorrow".

Story: a group of explorers found valuable resources in the mountains, north-west from Pinecrest village, where they established a mining camp. The miners were digging up lots of iron, silver, gold and other valuable metals until finally an earthquake caused the rocks to collapse uncovering a mysterious entrance leading to a thousand year old ruined temple which had several tunnels stretching beneath it. At night people heard weird noises coming from them so miners went to explore the tunnels, but noone ever returned from there. Some say they got killed by mysterious beasts and others say they found the motherload and wanted to have it for themselves. After hearing about the discovery the mining company dispatched explorer expeditions to investigate.

Gameplay: So people start the game at Pinecrest village where they train and gear up, the village should have a tavern, beds and other places a typical village would have. Since there are more than one tunnels there will be more than one expeditions. Expeditions will be lead by explorers who need to register in the event thread first. Each expedition party should have their own faction for easier navigation, all must be at peace (well they could also be hostile to each other and fight for the treasures hidden in the tunnels).

So they venture off the dark tunnels and hear strange noises, the players should encounter traps and tasks (I got several in mind), they could also be attacked by beasts.

For a party to succeed it needs to contain various classes of members. That includes guards (~/-crossbowmen or maybe brigand strength) the explorer gets lord class, serfs to collect wood from fallen dead trees in the dungeons (needed for engineers to complete tasks), engineers for lock picking and building constructions, doctors for healing poison, water and fall damage.

At the camp all people get to buy tools and materials. The players shouldn't be able to get better armor than leather, padded or rich/nobleman outfits and other clothing, weapons should be one handed short or simple swords, hunting crossbows and weakest bows with weakest arrows/bolts. Head/hand/foot armor is the same, simple and non metal. Equipment should contain pickaxes, woodcutter axes, surgeon scalpels, repair hammers, lockpicks, torches, wood (blocks, branches, sticks, planks and etc.) All those items will be needed to complete the tasks and traps waiting in the tunnels.

At the end people notice that they are getting deeper and deeper and they reach a big rocky room full of gold mines, skulls, blood and a skull throne (a simple throne with skull props) where they meet a being which calls it self Lucifer :grin: He is the last hostile in the event. All what is left of the expedition should attack the beast which is armed with metal, red armor (heraldic armor with dark, blood color banners), a  great sword with with a board shield and he should be sergeant class.

At the final moments (if defeated) the beast screams that this is not the end and vanishes and everyone lives happily after for some time :grin:

Trap/Task ideas, strangers and hostiles:

1) Engineers could build ladders over collapsed bridges. They will need a repair hammer and wood. The wood can be bought in the camp or extracted from dead fallen trees in the tunnels.
2) Serfs/Peasants could cut down groups of dead trees or destroy rocks blocking the way.
3) Doctors could heal injured or poisoned party members. Party members can be injured by water, gravity or hostiles that could be ghosts (administrators with invisibility and naked so that even a serf would have a fighting chance) armed with rusty equipment (worn/rusty swords and crude bows) or on rare occasions with poisoned daggers to poison party members. Doctors should be able to find herbs in the tunnels to heal that poisoning.
4) Guards should be in front and in the back of the party protecting other members, fighting off ghosts.
5) Invisible floor with holes in it.
6) Holes in the ground with spikes and water in the bottom of them.
7) Death holes hidden under the water that has flooded the ground.
:cool: Bolted or locked doors (lockpicks needed).
9) Teleports to jail in the Lucifer's chambers were trapped players are slaughtered.
10) Mazes
11) Optical illusions

And many more stuff like that.

Also parties could meet wandering strangers (administrators) in the tunnels, they would either point out the right or the wrong way (one of them leads to a trap and one to the exit.), ask for items, give tasks or ask for help.

All players/beasts have medium/weak armors and weapons so that even a serf would have a fighting chance.

Illusive Man said:
I particapated in several PWMOD events and some were great and some were boring. I love events that are full of mystery and unknowns like the Dark Island event, I played in the very first Dark Island ever held and it was great. It's a fighting event like just any other just that is has those things I mentioned before, adventure. The idea was inspired by the hell dungeons in the map known as "River of Sorrow".

Story: a group of explorers found valuable resources in the mountains, north-west from Pinecrest village, where they established a mining camp. The miners were digging up lots of iron, silver, gold and other valuable metals until finally an earthquake caused the rocks to collapse uncovering a mysterious entrance leading to a thousand year old ruined temple which had several tunnels stretching beneath it. At night people heard weird noises coming from them so miners went to explore the tunnels, but noone ever returned from there. Some say they got killed by mysterious beasts and others say they found the motherload and wanted to have it for themselves. After hearing about the discovery the mining company dispatched explorer expeditions to investigate.

Gameplay: So people start the game at Pinecrest village where they train and gear up, the village should have a tavern, beds and other places a typical village would have. Since there are more than one tunnels there will be more than one expeditions. Expeditions will be lead by explorers who need to register in the event thread first. Each expedition party should have their own faction for easier navigation, all must be at peace (well they could also be hostile to each other and fight for the treasures hidden in the tunnels).

So they venture off the dark tunnels and hear strange noises, the players should encounter traps and tasks (I got several in mind), they could also be attacked by beasts.

For a party to succeed it needs to contain various classes of members. That includes guards (~/-crossbowmen or maybe brigand strength) the explorer gets lord class, serfs to collect wood from fallen dead trees in the dungeons (needed for engineers to complete tasks), engineers for lock picking and building constructions, doctors for healing poison, water and fall damage.

At the camp all people get to buy tools and materials. The players shouldn't be able to get better armor than leather, padded or rich/nobleman outfits and other clothing, weapons should be one handed short or simple swords, hunting crossbows and weakest bows with weakest arrows/bolts. Head/hand/foot armor is the same, simple and non metal. Equipment should contain pickaxes, woodcutter axes, surgeon scalpels, repair hammers, lockpicks, torches, wood (blocks, branches, sticks, planks and etc.) All those items will be needed to complete the tasks and traps waiting in the tunnels.

At the end people notice that they are getting deeper and deeper and they reach a big rocky room full of gold mines, skulls, blood and a skull throne (a simple throne with skull props) where they meet a being which calls it self Lucifer :grin: He is the last hostile in the event. All what is left of the expedition should attack the beast which is armed with metal, red armor (heraldic armor with dark, blood color banners), a  great sword with with a board shield and he should be sergeant class.

At the final moments (if defeated) the beast screams that this is not the end and vanishes and everyone lives happily after for some time :grin:

Trap/Task ideas, strangers and hostiles:

1) Engineers could build ladders over collapsed bridges. They will need a repair hammer and wood. The wood can be bought in the camp or extracted from dead fallen trees in the tunnels.
2) Serfs/Peasants could cut down groups of dead trees or destroy rocks blocking the way.
3) Doctors could heal injured or poisoned party members. Party members can be injured by water, gravity or hostiles that could be ghosts (administrators with invisibility and naked so that even a serf would have a fighting chance) armed with rusty equipment (worn/rusty swords and crude bows) or on rare occasions with poisoned daggers to poison party members. Doctors should be able to find herbs in the tunnels to heal that poisoning.
4) Guards should be in front and in the back of the party protecting other members, fighting off ghosts.
5) Invisible floor with holes in it.
6) Holes in the ground with spikes and water in the bottom of them.
7) Death holes hidden under the water that has flooded the ground.
:cool: Bolted or locked doors (lockpicks needed).
9) Teleports to jail in the Lucifer's chambers were trapped players are slaughtered.
10) Mazes
11) Optical illusions

And many more stuff like that.

Also parties could meet wandering strangers (administrators) in the tunnels, they would either point out the right or the wrong way (one of them leads to a trap and one to the exit.), ask for items, give tasks or ask for help.

All players/beasts have medium/weak armors and weapons so that even a serf would have a fighting chance.

Where is this mysterious tunnel? How is it going to be added to the current map?

In addition, I personally (Everybody is entitled to their opinion) am not too crazy on "netherworldly creatures", or anything of the kind. The concept itself is interesting, and if you could change a few things around, it could be some fun.

I like it, but umm, where are these mountains you speak of north of pinecrest....you want to make a whole new map?

Could be done easily, admin with invisible armors can provide nice challenge indeed.
Barradin, let not focus too much on realism when it's an adventure event.

You can do mapping illusive man ?

Sorry but you just push me to post here  :twisted:

Event?

Stop making pseudo-events for RP pretenders. Make a BIG EVENT!!!

Challenge:
1.Hold one castle and surroundings
2.Make sure that EVERYBODY(who has access) is safe in your territory
3.Stop randomers or players you do not trust to enter your territory
4.Make sure that players are able to RP within you territory.
5.Make sure that EVERYBODY knows who is lord of this territory - its mean you

Do it for week time..(when server is populated..I do not expect that anyone will be on server day and night)..so EVERYBODY know there is RP KINGDOM in game.
Simple. :grin:

Barradin said:
Where is this mysterious tunnel? How is it going to be added to the current map?

In addition, I personally (Everybody is entitled to their opinion) am not too crazy on "netherworldly creatures", or anything of the kind. The concept itself is interesting, and if you could change a few things around, it could be some fun.
Legolan said:
I like it, but umm, where are these mountains you speak of north of pinecrest....you want to make a whole new map?

I am talking about a whole new map made specially for the event.

Barradin, I know that some things aren't perfect, look at it as a basis which can be changed to suit the needs. I just wrote what I was thinking, didn't do much editing.

Aldric said:
Could be done easily, admin with invisible armors can provide nice challenge indeed.
Barradin, let not focus too much on realism when it's an adventure event.

You can do mapping illusive man ?

Hmm... I've mapped for other games, but not for Warband. I could try though, I was already viewing the mapping guide.

NOVICIUS said:
Sorry but you just push me to post here  :twisted:

Event?

Stop making pseudo-events for RP pretenders. Make a BIG EVENT!!!

Challenge:
1.Hold one castle and surroundings
2.Make sure that EVERYBODY(who has access) is safe in your territory
3.Stop randomers or players you do not trust to enter your territory
4.Make sure that players are able to RP within you territory.
5.Make sure that EVERYBODY knows who is lord of this territory - its mean you

Do it for week time..(when server is populated..I do not expect that anyone will be on server day and night)..so EVERYBODY know there is RP KINGDOM in game.
Simple. :grin:

NOVICIUS, I've already read your idea and would love to see a server of that kind, but here we talk about my event :neutral:

Nice event idea, multi-layer tunnels are not that difficult and I am sure there could be loads of tasks/traps to make it more interesting. I could do the map for you.
(Attacking admins in the cave equipped with Warmask, naked body and a spiked club will be awesome.  :grin:)

Problems:
The event needs organized teamplay, groups communicating via TS will have an enormous advantage and it is not as combat orientated as many prefer. (Me excluded.)
Lucifer cannot be beaten (respawning), the aim should be to get out of the cave alive with at least 4 gold nuggets. -> Little fights between the exploration groups.

(Any idea for making the usage of torches inevitable?)

_666_ said:
(Any idea for making the usage of torches inevitable?)

You won't be able to make the scene completely dark, but if you add a very heavy fog you'll notice that you can see fire (props) and torches (item) from a far distance, making you able to spot your way back home or other players from your team.

No fog Hamlet, you tested that already.  :wink:

Unfortunately I wont be able to start working at the map in the next time, due to my absence and an other map project which I promised to finish first.
Still I will gladly help you with any kind of questions and editing some basic parts of the map.

_666_ said:
Lucifer cannot be beaten (respawning), the aim should be to get out of the cave alive with at least 4 gold nuggets. -> Little fights between the exploration groups.
I don't know if you remember The Maze event. "Little fights" would lead to massive randoming at beggining which will result in deathmatch with hatchets and knifes. No-one will even enter the tunnels.

Heavy armor and strong weapons selling for a low price and footman training spot inside Lucifers cave could be helpful for getting out alive.

No heavy stuff for  explorers and adventurers :sad: Lucifer could have the best armor in the map, not PWMOD, but he still should be vulnerable to player attacks, maybe he could call out more beasts to aid him if it's too hard for him alone.

Illusive Man, the idea is the following:

Adventurer group reaches the cavern, beats Lucifer, mines the gold.
Then they all change to footman, equip some heavy stuff, and slay their way back up to the daylight.

Back
Top Bottom