PW 90% of the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, I drew the comic to relieve some steam. I was simply roleplaying with some of my friends when some TW started a fight some with commoners (I don't remember why) and I thought a revolution would be a good roleplay, as I've never tried it before. My friend and I decided we'd get together some able bodied warriors and have a discussion in a tavern. We all roleplayed out the conversation, and we all agreed that the Town Watch had been quite aggressive towards the inhabitants of the town they protect. We re-organized after getting another fighter and met up in the market place. I figured that just starting to attack TW would be quite ridiculous and we all started yelling "Revolution!" "Down with the Town Watch!" and then I announced the names of the six people who were revolting a few times and we got to it.

The fighting went well, after a few deaths on each side we re-organized and finished the fight with a large showdown near the mercenary class area. We killed the last 3 of them and figured it was victory, as they had all died and couldn't return to attack us again. The Town Watch were fine with the revolution until we beat them and re-claimed the city (not much of a re-claiming, as everything went back to normal shortly afterward) as they began to tell us what we had done was against the rules. They complained that we had broken NLR (we lost two out of six, they lost 2/3 and regrouped) and got an admin on to shake his finger at us and slap us on the wrist for roleplaying.

The way I see it, revolting as a faction is pointless, as you wouldn't be revolting, but declaring war. Revolution as commoner should be allowed as long as the group of people doing it announce it and give the names of the people fighting. At that point, it should be easy to see who's randoming and who isn't.

If this was the revolt on the NA RP server, my version of events is:

• People were holding up miners in town
  • Three people formed a Town Watch to bring some order to the town
  • People then immediately began making excuses to attack the watch. The first major incident was when someone made a silly reason to try and rob a Watchman in town, on penalty of death, and was killed. His friends joined in the fight and were also killed. One of his friends killed another of his in the confusion.
  • After successfully putting down an attempt at crushing the TW, those same people came back and claimed to have seen the Watch "killing innocents" (three people died, those three people came back claiming to be witnesses to the event and claiming the Watch acted unfairly)
  • The "tyrannical town Watch" casus belli was used by the people who died to instigate their second attack on the Watch, which was successful.

I had no issue with the revolution itself, which was RPed just fine. My issue was that the reason for the revolution was nonsense, it was just a second excuse to attack the Watch after the first (let's rob a Watchman in broad daylight!) failed embarrassingly. If the Watch were actually behaving immorally or the revolution was instigated by players who hadn't been put down by the Watch I wouldn't have minded, but the fact that a group of us formed to stop the newbies getting murdered in the centre of town and were immediately put upon by those wanting to murder said newbies irritated me a little.

Sounds about why I got banned from NA  :lol:

Btw, if an admin from NA sees this, can I get unbanned, because I really did nothing bad, legolan never randomed anybody or anything,lol....Wrong place, at the wrong time...

Larken said:
If this was the revolt on the NA RP server, my version of events is:

• People were holding up miners in town
  • Three people formed a Town Watch to bring some order to the town
  • People then immediately began making excuses to attack the watch. The first major incident was when someone made a silly reason to try and rob a Watchman in town, on penalty of death, and was killed. His friends joined in the fight and were also killed. One of his friends killed another of his in the confusion.
  • After successfully putting down an attempt at crushing the TW, those same people came back and claimed to have seen the Watch "killing innocents" (three people died, those three people came back claiming to be witnesses to the event and claiming the Watch acted unfairly)
  • The "tyrannical town Watch" casus belli was used by the people who died to instigate their second attack on the Watch, which was successful.

I had no issue with the revolution itself, which was RPed just fine. My issue was that the reason for the revolution was nonsense, it was just a second excuse to attack the Watch after the first (let's rob a Watchman in broad daylight!) failed embarrassingly. If the Watch were actually behaving immorally or the revolution was instigated by players who hadn't been put down by the Watch I wouldn't have minded, but the fact that a group of us formed to stop the newbies getting murdered in the centre of town and were immediately put upon by those wanting to murder said newbies irritated me a little.

Actually, two of the people who formed the Town Watch were the people holding up miners. And yes, that is the revolution I am talking about. There was no second attack, they re-formed and shot at us so we killed them. The initial reason was them being hard asses and using their power to threaten and kill commoners for literally no reason.

Artyem said:
Actually, two of the people who formed the Town Watch were the people holding up miners. And yes, that is the revolution I am talking about. There was no second attack, they re-formed and shot at us so we killed them. The initial reason was them being hard asses and using their power to threaten and kill commoners for literally no reason.

That is patently false. The "killing commoners for literally no reason" you're talking about is somebody attempting to rob a watchman in the centre of town, saying "give me 500g or die. 5, 4, 3, 2...". When the Watchman and the robber fought, other commoners joined in and attacked the Watchmen. The Watchmen defeated all of the attackers, and the attackers came back breaking NLR claiming to have seen innocent people murdered (nobody killed was innocent and they couldn't have witnessed the event as in their previous life, they were in the event) and used this as reason for a second attack.

The second attack was the "revolution against the tyrannic Town Watch". The first was the unprovoked attack on the Town Watch. I've explained the events a couple of times now, and the counter argument is always "nuhuh that didn't happen". The server logs verify my version of events, so I've no cause to explain the truth to you any further.  :smile:

I understand that admins can check the entire game log but how can a normal person do it? If you press L while playing it eventually stops at a (relatively) short distance and much too short to check that. I really want to know how to do this.

killer110 said:
I understand that admins can check the entire game log but how can a normal person do it? If you press L while playing it eventually stops at a (relatively) short distance and much too short to check that. I really want to know how to do this.

You can't.

Legolan said:
Sounds about why I got banned from NA  :lol:

Btw, if an admin from NA sees this, can I get unbanned, because I really did nothing bad, legolan never randomed anybody or anything,lol....Wrong place, at the wrong time...

Make a ban appeal in the proper place.

Back
Top Bottom