Need More Info PS4 PRO - all my save files are now corrupted - unable to play campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number

davishwulf

Recruit
Summary: Corrupted save files (all campaign is now corrupted)
How to Reproduce: login on game, try to load a save file
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: PS4 PRO

Played yesterday with no issues, had 1 corrupted save file 2 days ago that made me go back 1 hour of play.
Today, when logging in on PS4 PRO, I had my Single Player Campaign files all corrupted. All 4 files are now corrupted and I lost around 20 days of playing (no idea of how many hours).

Is there a workaround for this? Is there an update for this?
If not, this completely and utterly sucks.

I did not pay almost 50 quid to not be able to play my save files.

Yes there is a reliable work around. However you will not get your files back though.

Goto the consoles section here and find one of many posts of this topic. I and others have posted versions of a good way to avoid losing everything.

Delete the corrupted saves via the consoles save data.

Main thing is to not "save" or "save and quit" make new manual "save as" when you want to save. Don't rely on the autosaves. Don't overwrite your manual saves. So just clean em up over time. The autosaves are not safe since they overwrite eachother so eventually they are bound to go corrupt eventually.

Yes there is a reliable work around. However you will not get your files back though.

Goto the consoles section here and find one of many posts of this topic. I and others have posted versions of a good way to avoid losing everything.

Delete the corrupted saves via the consoles save data.

Main thing is to not "save" or "save and quit" make new manual "save as" when you want to save. Don't rely on the autosaves. Don't overwrite your manual saves. So just clean em up over time. The autosaves are not safe since they overwrite eachother so eventually they are bound to go corrupt eventually.
This is false because I had multiple saves still getting corrupted…sometimes completely random after starting the game and sometimes after a crash but luckily only 1 save at a time and not multiple or all as before.

Mmmmmmm. I have over 400 hrs into the game on console. Im pretty sure my method is working. Save files that have not been overwritten wont be corrupt. Autosaves randomly will at times though. And i do overwrite manual saves sometimes cause got lazy. Sometimes. Very rarely will i see one get corrupted that i didn't notice after my overwrite and will see when i go to make a new save or try to load. Might lose 30min tops at said time if i were looking to load. But then i just go back to not overwriting again. Delete the corrupted stuff via the consoles storage and continue on.

Mmmmmmm. I have over 400 hrs into the game on console. Im pretty sure my method is working. Save files that have not been overwritten wont be corrupt. Autosaves randomly will at times though. And i do overwrite manual saves sometimes cause got lazy. Sometimes. Very rarely will i see one get corrupted that i didn't notice after my overwrite and will see when i go to make a new save or try to load. Might lose 30min tops at said time if i were looking to load. But then i just go back to not overwriting again. Delete the corrupted stuff via the consoles storage and continue on.
Sry but as said I’m done with the game for now lost all progress again just look at Reddit it seem the game is kinda broken and should not be allowed on to be sold on console at the moment…I will try to get a refund and that is literally the first time ever I’m trying to get my money back from a game.

This is false because I had multiple saves still getting corrupted…

Draken's workaround is 100% not "false." Myself and countless other players can attest to that. We were discussing just the other day the multiple campaigns we're running, whereas before the discovery of a workaround... My autosaves (and manual, due to overwriting) were guaranteed to shut me down before reaching Clan Rank 5-6.

Does the workaround work for everyone? Statistics would argue against the possibility. Too many variables. Not everything works for everyone. Some people do 5,000 piece puzzles for fun, some can't tie their own shoelaces. Nothing wrong with either of them.

Sry but as said I’m done with the game for now

No need to apologize to us. You do you. As for looking at Reddit for testimonials from people struggling with the game's various issues... I'm here on the support forums and that's enough for me. I won't get into my thoughts on Reddit culture.

I agree with you that there are a litany of issues with the game... but "game-breaking" they are not. Immersion-breaking? Sure. I'd argue however that anyone buying this game (or any other) to feel the Sturgian snow melt in their hair or to shake the Aserai dust from their cloaks should have tempered their expectations.

The only "perfect" game is the one we all play everyday.

My game keeps crashing every ten minutes when I interact with npc. It's really freaking annoying. Talesworld sucks at making games.. you know how many other games I have that doesn't crash and these people would try to tell you... Oooh try restarting your PS4 or rebuild database like really yall can go screw y'all selfs... I'm pissed of that I really wanted to play this game with a smooth play through and can't even do that.. we as gamers should look at this and learn from it because these devs don't give a dam really about what your going threw in the game. They rather fix online multiplayer first but not fix the crashing when talking to npc and corrupted saves. Like y'all some real scums for robbing a whole ton of people. Made the game look good and it runs like a trash truck.. nice way to bait alot of people. Scum bags y'all make other game devs look bad

I have issues crashing when interacting with NPCs as well. It is annoying, I'll agree.

How many of your other games were made by a studio with less than 150 TOTAL employees (last I checked). How many of those studios are Turkish?

TaleWorlds has limited resources and is doing what they can with them. You purchased their product. Your expectations were what they were and their product didn't meet your expectations. If you feel that you were robbed... call the police.

Summary: Corrupted save files (all campaign is now corrupted)
How to Reproduce: login on game, try to load a save file
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: PS4 PRO

Played yesterday with no issues, had 1 corrupted save file 2 days ago that made me go back 1 hour of play.
Today, when logging in on PS4 PRO, I had my Single Player Campaign files all corrupted. All 4 files are now corrupted and I lost around 20 days of playing (no idea of how many hours).

Is there a workaround for this? Is there an update for this?
If not, this completely and utterly sucks.

I did not pay almost 50 quid to not be able to play my save files.

I 100% agree that losing that progress "completely and utterly sucks." Even more so because it comes without warning (barring pre-purchase investigation of any issues the game is having), EVENTUALLY driving people to these forums looking for a solution.

Draken Silverwing's suggestion is currently the best workaround for this issue (which seems to be entirely tied to the overwriting of saves whether they be manual or auto.)

To sum that suggestion up as succinctly as possible...

TLDR::smile:
Pause, select "Save as", delete any autosaves or "extraneous" manual saves (such as ones from the very beginning of your campaign, unless you see yourself going that far back).

Do this regularly and you will rarely lose any meaningful progress (sometimes I do it before ANY action, resulting in a save "in the field", a save 20 seconds later after I catch up with an enemy party, another save after I've spoken to them, and yet another save after our battle or conversation.)

Most of the time, those actions don't result in a crash, BUT when they eventually DO result in a crash, I haven't lost much, unless I've fallen into one of my "just play, forget about saving" phases.

I will agree that this is more work than it should be, and that we should be able to trust the autosave and be able to "just play the game", but for the moment... overwritten saves will corrupt and we have to manage it ourselves if we want to play.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Back
Top Bottom