Prophesy of Pendor Stream (Complete)

Users who are viewing this thread

OAOGigmaster

Recruit
TH1Jodt.png

Go here for the stream channel! ---> www.twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

UPDATE 9/10/2017: And that's our last stream! Pendor lies united under Urist, who now has a bureaucratic inbox miles high to deal with... thankfully, we don't have to stream that bit : )

THANK YOU to everyone who's followed and tuned in from these forums, and everyone who's helped us with advice and support through this long play-through of 3.8.4. I'll be tuning in on PoP's development still, and would be more than happy to help supply voice overs or vocals to continued development (my game dev-fu is not strong), but I'll be letting this thread quietly fall into obsolescence as we move onto other games.

Have a great night, and as always, I hope to see all of you around the bend - Gig

What's this whole 'Urist' thing / What's your playthrough's head cannon?
Urist is the 'every man' name for dwarves in the rouge-like game Dwarf Fortress, another game I frequently stream on my channel.

In PoP, Urist Nikuzbomrek is the last and final man to have a drop of 'dwarven' blood in his veins. Once long ago, his bloodline served as a minor knighthood order based out of Sarleon, but the Order of the Dawn and others branded them as having 'poisoned' blood, and drove them beyond Pendor's shores.

After growing up in his father's rough and careless tutelage, coupled with his father's failing battle against terminal Dwarven drunkeness, the death of his sire has finally driven Urist back to Pendor, to learn of the place that pulled apart his family's life, and return Dwarven Values and the rule of law to this ruined land.

Why Prophesy of Pendor?
Because, like Dwarf Fortress (the other game I've been playing on my channel so far), I feel that Mount and Blade, as well as PoP have a lot of love and care put into them, and I want to share games on my channel that A. Can use a bit more recognition and appreciation, and/or B. Have a great fanbase I think would enjoy my self-depreciating, semi-intelligent personality and sense of humor. Also, I've, uh, played 800-plus hours of Prophesy of Pendor. I might enjoy the mod a little too much.

Okay, but why play Prophesy of Pendor on Twitch?
Primarily for selfish reasons, actually: I simply enjoy my gaming experience when I have others to share that gaming experience with. I also enjoy meeting people and connecting with others. It's simply more rewarding - in multiple ways - than playing on my own.

What game settings are you using?
Good campaign and battle AI, manual (hard) lance control, and realistic/ironman save settings (I felt that playing with stakes would be more entertaining!) I'm also using Leonin's pre-configured tweak pack for quality-of-life improvements, as well as the Polished Landscapes sub-mod by HooTmAn. I slashed CKO training and equipping timers by 40% to keep things moving in the stream, and incorporated Leonin's tweak for better companion relations, partly as a bone to throw my way considering the realistic save settings, partly because I was never happy with that system to begin with, and partly because I want to give as many companions time to shine on the stream without juggling companion happiness and boring everyone out of their minds.

Hope to see you there! - The One and Only Gigmaster

I think it has more to do with you wanting to stream it. I'm sure there will be people who are interested in watching it!

If you go through with it, have fun :smile:

Fair enough! After 800 hours... thanks again for that Steam... I think I'd have fun in PoP irregardless. But I also want to make that it's an enjoyable stream for everyone, myself incluided. After only three streams in, I already know that the greatest amount of fun I got out of them was in interacting with the viewers and followers watching it. I'm also open to suggestions on choices to be made in gameplay; after optimizing three different PoP campaigns, I'm all for putting audience participation, head-canon and funny choices above min-maxing my build.

Though, with ironman mode on, I'm prrobably going to go with a primary archer/rider build. Unless you guys can convince me otherwise! I mostly want to make sure that the faliures on-stream are funny, without being the constant, repeating theme of everything that happens XD. My attempts in the past to go primary lancer or sword and board have not ended well.

Since you're a mod MitchyMatt, I have a secondary question for you: what would be the most rules-appropriate way to quietly and politely promote such a stream? Post an thread and bump it once for each stream announcement? Make a thread, but only edit the OP with new info and if it gets buried, it's buried? Something else? I looke for PoP board-specific rules, looked at the TaleWorlds forum rules and the ToS, and couldn't find anything applicable to such a determination, about from 'Don't be a ****.'

OAOGigmaster said:
...I have a secondary question for you: what would be the most rules-appropriate way to quietly and politely promote such a stream? Post an thread and bump it once for each stream announcement? Make a thread, but only edit the OP with new info and if it gets buried, it's buried? Something else? I looke for PoP board-specific rules, looked at the TaleWorlds forum rules and the ToS, and couldn't find anything applicable to such a determination, about from 'Don't be a ****.'

You can keep this as your main thread and edit the OP however you want.

For each stream, feel free to bump this page when you're ready to stream. If you start a successful stream, I can advertise your channel on our FB page because you decided to Stream PoP for us, the community.

That... would be incredibly kind of you, MitchyMatt. Um. I can't say I'd be doing a stream tonight, sadly - I'm currently working on other stuff, then I'm going to do a splash page for my DF Nightmare Mode streams, then a splash page for my once and future M&B: Warband streams, then I'm probably going to enter bed space.

I'll edit this OP with stream information, times and updates when they happen. Though that begs ANOTHER ANOTHER QUESTION for you guys, does anyone have any preferred times for streams? I'd want to do this kind of thing when people are available, obviously, if at all possible. Of course, if my channel gets bigger that's not going to be terribly feasible for long, but while this small I can cater a bit more specifically to time constraints (assuming I'm available, anyways).

After some thought and seeing the number of topic views, I'm going to go full steam ahead on this. Edited the OP and provided info on the stream. Hope to see you guys there!

Best of luck to you! Unfortunately I won't be able to watch, but I know from experience how awesome and supportive the POP community is for stuff like this! I'm looking forward to hearing how it went :grin:

Thank you! Means a lot to me after lurking in this forum for years to see you replying Mordred. I hope to not disappoint!

Too much, anyways.

I'll update this space after the first stream with my character's information, a capture/death counter and a screenshot or two of highlights from the stream.

As you may have seen me post on Twitter, the M&B stream was moved to tomorrow (12/:cool:, due to technical problems. Despite testing the day before, it turns out there's some kind of marvelous hardware issue on my computer that's causing the GPU on my GTX 970 to hit the line-in jack on my Asus Essence STX with a lot of EMI, making me sound like a trilling robot for a small set of games - Mount and Blade included. Most of my computer is currently strewn about my bedroom floor as I check things over with a fine toothed comb.

God willing, I'll be up and ready to go tomorrow without any further issue. I'll update here with any concrete information the moment I've confirmed a fix.

Uuugh.

Thanks, I need it. I'm currently up at 1:30 AM, painting black nail polish onto the metal i/o plate of my ASUS Essence STX sound card, because it MIGHT be a grounding problem of some kind.

What am I doing with my life XD.

OKAY. So, after lots of prodding and poking and testing and not ripping my hair own - only on account of me being bald, I assure you - the issue is not nearly as bad anymore. I still hear a bit of buzz, especially when my GPU kicks into high gear, but it's at a tolerable level for me, and most basic game sound should cover it up.

AND I really don't want to disappoint me or anyone else by pushing a PoP stream back again. Also, I want to start playing the bloody game!

SO THERE IS A STREAM HAPPENING TONIGHT! Today, 12/8, at 6:00 PM. Come on down and watch me get this hardcore PoP stream series started!

Thank you to everyone who came to watch tonight! Assuming my computer doesn't catch fire in the near future or anything, I'll be broadcasting Prophesy of Pendor next Wednesday (as normal!) starting at 5:00 PM EST sharp.

I am thinking of increasing my stream frequency; the problem is always considerations for RL stuff. I gotta job search, cook dinners, clean up after dinners, chores, errands, blah blah. Now that I've done most of the artwork and layout stuff I need to do though - all the overhead - more streams shouldn't squeeze things.

What about doing a PoP stream on Wednesdays at 5:00 PM EST, and a PoP stream early on Sundays at... say 2:00 PM EST?

OAOGigmaster said:
What about doing a PoP stream on Wednesdays at 5:00 PM EST, and a PoP stream early on Sundays at... say 2:00 PM EST?

I'll be able to join that sunday stream at ~3.30 pm est, remember that I, like many others, dont share your timezone  :mrgreen:

I know, partly why I try to include GMT as a time zone in my splash screens. I'd do videos earlier, work and time permitting, but I also don't want to stream at times potentially interested people in the Americas would have to miss. The cruelties of time zones : (.

Though that's part of the reason that I want to do PoP as my weekend stream, so EU people can at least get a chance to come on down once a week, if not more often if they're late-night people.

Just want to confirm for people that the NEXT stream of PoP will be at 2:00 this Sunday, and every Sunday afterwards (apart from the upcomming holiday weekend), followed by streams on Wednesday. Hope to spend some good times with you guys there.

Back
Top Bottom