Project Reality Mod/SA and Squad News. [[Squad - V. 4 Released]]

Users who are viewing this thread

As the title shows^  the early access release date is Dec. 15th.
Make sure to check out the newest devblogs at http://joinsquad.com/

The newest one shows off the new russian faction, new maps, and new effects.
http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=67

It's an alright game, and has all the tools of being great.

It's just annoying when the person who choose Squad Leader only choose it for the equipment, would not give it up to anyone else, and was not leading the squad.

EDIT:

Had a much better match. At the beginning of the match, our squad leader disconnects, and boom I'm squad leader/medic. Two of our squads, went the wrong way, and then got caught by enemy fire. My squad went around, set up on a hill and rained down lead, and got the two friendly squads to fall back with minimal casualties. It was a glorious moment. Then a new squad logged in, and their squad leader started screeching at us the saying we are going the wrong way.  :lol:

EDIT II:

So played a bunch of matches now. So some FYI: there are FOUR factions. It's not just US vs Insurgents. There is US, Insurgents, Russia, and Militia.

4490EB2A5F1EFFB128C4A328C5E632746EF3E691
9FD231DE56ECCD5278ED464190FC997C56A919D1
CFEAB0D4BE988E9DC9B708F7F9C4DFBDAC494E8A
ED3E462DF5EE85466CC6F3F92B8714CF553E29BD
30F3DFCCBAA2AECA28AC9091A582FE39F1A31487
105316A13FA5AC0D958FA6CAE269C851BD7E5C94
C277F4D2D07C9D154B2E3E79F994247A7C478B96

EDIT:

It's easier to get into than RO2 while being more realistic. Though there is a revive mechanic more in depth than ARMAs :razz:

If Squad is anything like Project Reality then it's more complex than RO2. There are more mechanics you have to get to grips with, like the reviving. Weapon mechanics are also more complex than the fairly simple ones found in RO2. Artillery is also extremely detailed compared to RO2 and new players will no doubt find it intimidating.

That's just talking about the various systems, the playing style itself is way more demanding than RO2. Communication is more important and your role in the team is taken more seriously and with higher scrutiny.

I'd say it's mostly in the middle of Arma and RO. It tries to find a balance between realism and playability. More often than not it favours the Arma side.

I'm assuming Squad will have Project Reality-level mechanics when it is completely finished.

What countries are there in Squad? Any plan for the UK? And i guess it will have those "fantasy" maps like PR of UK vs Russia and so on? Or only historical maps.

Is it worth the current $40 price-tag? I loved PR and this sounds great.

How's the asymmetry of say Brits vs Insurgents? Does it have the PR feel of Insurgents fighting against all odds.

@Slev

Not noticeable, most games tend to be everyone on one team huddled in an objective spending 20 minutes firing at a distance on the other team who are doing the same thing with no advantage for either team. To make the Insurgents feel less powerful the otherside need vehicles.

I bought it. At worst it will be a game I won't play for a year. At best, it'll be reliving PR.

The quality of the games lately has dropped massively with the Early Access release. Once the teamwork balances out and the newbies who enjoy it find their feet things should get back to normal. The closed Alpha was probably the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long long while.

Yeah, I can see the potential, it has the PR feel to it. The only thing I really disliked so far is the sound. Gun shots at a distance are really annoying sounding in your ears. Little pops. It might just be the lack of ambient noise.

i got this ****

im down this **** damn

if it's anything like project reality you just have to find the right server and the quality of teamwork should massively improve.

A couple of my friends picked it up recently. Apparently there are lots of complaints about Americans having much greater access to magnified optics compared to the other forces, and it's awfully unbalanced. From the few videos I've seen that would make sense. Anybody here that has actually played it have an opinion on that?

PR was identical. The problem right now is the maps are kind of focused on closer quarters. We used to play Insurgents on PR. One of us would spot with binoculars while the others basically fired blind as the spotter adjusted based on our tracers.

It's supposed to be asymmetric.

Back
Top Bottom