Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for the delay again, I had planned to release it yesterday or so but it will have to be today  :wink: Just finishing with the map now, damn those thousand russian rivers  :mrgreen:

pan-boroda said:
Good news. Tell me, do you have plans to further quests devoted to Eastern Europe, similar to the Spanish or Scandinavian quests?
God willing - yes.

knez said:
Will there be some later updates
God willing - yes.

Hi guys. I wasnt here for time being but I remember this mod as my most favorite one. Good to see there is still some development. I definitelly must update my last version with that tortoise stuff, or SVN update, or whatever it is  :shock:    Anyway, I dont want to be rude or ignorant, but is there any other mod what can compete with this one? I like some kind of competition.. :smile:

Peacemaker said:
Hi guys. I wasnt here for time being but I remember this mod as my most favorite one. Good to see there is still some development. I definitelly must update my last version with that tortoise stuff, or SVN update, or whatever it is  :shock:    Anyway, I dont want to be rude or ignorant, but is there any other mod what can compete with this one? I like some kind of competition.. :smile:

*coughs* The torttoise SVN update is for 1257 therefor you might be on wrong forum

It is dead, but we must not forget that 1257AD was also dead, before Dr. Thomas took over.
However, I think the chances of 1184 being revived is slim - there are a lot of people who are waiting for Warband 2 to be released (so they aren't interested), and most of the people who are interested don't have the patience to do the whole Europe mod (and I completely understand them).
One thing I didn't like about that mod (even though I should have been a researcher, but they never made it to Venice) is that it was too close to our year 1200.
That isn't bad, but it somehow felt like ''here we go, all over again''.
The worst thing is that Udud chose that year just because it sounded cool (maybe because of Orwell's novel 1984), even though there are a lot of other vacant spots in medieval history, that don't have any mods.

Still looking forward to new progress. I check really often, cause this is by far the best medieval mod out there. I only see that we need more work on scenes to make it feel awesome.

About factions, I'm really looking forward to the Roman Empire, the cumans, the crusader states and any muslims in the area. They are not many factions, but they are really big.

Anyway, I would like to say that I still support the team. My gaming channel on Youtube (MayorceteGamingTV) just reached 14.000 suscribers, and my gameplays of EUROPE 1200 are what they like the most. So keep it up people, I hope you make some more quick and excellent progress.

Revan Shan said:
About factions, I'm really looking forward to the Roman Empire, the cumans, the crusader states and any muslims in the area. They are not many factions, but they are really big.
So, pretty much, nearly everyone that's left. :wink:

And by the way, something that would look excellent for all army would be the 'heraldic horses'. You know, like the mailed charge horses, just changing the mail for cloth. That way we could have some beautiful colors on those horses and knights could look even better

Revan Shan said:
And by the way, something that would look excellent for all army would be the 'heraldic horses'. You know, like the mailed charge horses, just changing the mail for cloth. That way we could have some beautiful colors on those horses and knights could look even better

I suggested that month ago and I think noone saw it? IDK

We already have a 'heraldic horse' model in the mod files but sadly it's not possible to implement it without forcing people to install the warband script enchancer, something we don't want to do. It's been explained many times already.

Korinov said:
We already have a 'heraldic horse' model in the mod files but sadly it's not possible to implement it without forcing people to install the warband script enchancer, something we don't want to do. It's been explained many times already.

Ok, fine. That's not a problem. Europe could have faction specific heraldic horses. I really want to see Castille with horses that show their colours. It would be a bit of extra work to make one of those horses for each faction, but I can asure you it would look great. Not only for kingdoms, which would look much more professional and therefor less Native-like, but also for the military orders, which would looks absolutely badass with them.

And by the way, talking about Byzantium. Those have loads of stuff made for them already, right? We didn't have the faction it but I remember that a lot of items were made for them

Back
Top Bottom