Profitable Workshops

Users who are viewing this thread

jimkl83

Recruit
All of my workshops are always in Imperial cities, like a Silversmith in Ortysia. They make about 250-300 on average. Can workshops make any more than that or is that pretty much tops?

I was watching the youtube videos about woodshops being most profitable, but that definitely got nerfed.

I've found the most consistently profitable to be breweries and smith's. A well located Smith averages 500-550 the breweries a bit less. I don't put breweries in my own towns though, and change them if I take a town that has one. This is because they compete for the towns grain supply.

I have two breweries in Ocs Hall and Praven and a linen weavery at Sargot and they all regularly make 600 denars a day. The trick is to actually go to a town and see what raw good are selling very cheaply and then build a workshop based on that. The raw goods produced in the towns belonging to a city don't matter as much as the overall supply and demand in the region.

If you make a workshop and it's not making 600 denars a day, try changing it to something else and see if you're making more or less money. I initially tried a tannery in Praven since it has two towns that produce hogs. But it regularly "only" made 400 denars. So I went to the town, saw that grain was selling dirt cheap and changed it to a brewery. I then bought up all the local beer and sold it a few towns over so the demand for beer would be high. Having two breweries in two towns directly next to each other does not seem to have affected how profitable they are.

In the first week of release i made insane money with shops. Now after my exams i have a little bit free time and started playing again none of my workshops doing over 200 denars not even the famous pottery in pen cannoc.

I put a tannery in Rhotae and make between 1400 to 2000 a day from it. I then put a Silversmith in Ortysia, and barely make 200 a day. I tried to see what local supply was, and local selling price was for my product. Worked out for the tannery. I suspect my silver ore supply from Garengolia is too high priced for my workshop to deal with low priced traders competing from outlying markets. It doesn't help that Garengolia was recently pillaged or that Ortysia itself did trade hands a couple times, but it has been almost 3/4ths a year since that happened.

Back
Top Bottom