Problems - help please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lionheart89

Regular
Hi everyone, I recently downloaded the demo of With Fire and Sword, and for some reason, it runs very slow and erratically.

Now I haven't got the greatest computer, but I run Warband with all of the graphical settings quite low and it runs fairly smoothly, with battle sizes around 90-100.

However, when I tried to run WFAS [even with a very small battle size] it runs incredibly slow, to the point that it is impossible to play.

Has anyone else had these problems? Is there an easy way to fix them that I am missing out on? Is it simply that WFAS needs a better machine to run properly?

Any answers would be very much appreciated  :smile:

Hi guys thanks for the reply,

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00GB

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7050/ NVIDIA Nforce 610i

I don't know if theres enough info there? Forgive me I'm not entirely computer savvy past the basics.

Oh well I keep all the settings minimum and battle size 40 and still lags sometimes... :evil: But nothing I can do... Just need to live with it...  :lol:

Lionheart89 said:
Hi guys thanks for the reply,

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00GB

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7050/ NVIDIA Nforce 610i

I don't know if theres enough info there? Forgive me I'm not entirely computer savvy past the basics.
Well your computer is certainly very dated.

I guess just turn down all your settings, uncheck all the boxes (except "fast water reflections") and drop all the sliders, in video options. That's the best you can hope for, really.

Word is that another patch is on the way, so make sure you grab that, when it comes out, as it might resolve some performance issues.

Check you have the latest driver from www.nvidia.com

You might also want to try switching to DX7 rendering in the configuration screen. It'll look somewhat less pretty, but I suspect you could probably max out the battle size with it.

i have a AMD Athlon(TM) 64 Processor 3200+ 2.00 GHz, 2.00 GB ram, Windows 7 ultimate 32 Bit and i can run the game fine on ultra high settings

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
i have a AMD Athlon(TM) 64 Processor 3200+ 2.00 GHz, 2.00 GB ram, Windows 7 ultimate 32 Bit and i can run the game fine on ultra high settings

very impressive  :/

Archonsod said:

You might also want to try switching to DX7 rendering in the configuration screen. It'll look somewhat less pretty, but I suspect you could probably max out the battle size with it.

I changed to Directx7 instead and that has made it run really smooth, thanks for the advice! :smile:

Lionheart89 said:
gh3tt0 gangst3r said:

very impressive  :/

Archonsod said:

I changed to Directx7 instead and that has made it run really smooth, thanks for the advice! :smile:
are u being sarcastic? (it's hard to tell in the post online lol) because my computer isn't that good, i want a new one that will have a dual processor, 12 GB of ram and or super awesome things like a GTX 580 Graphics card. mine right now is a Geforce 8400

Back
Top Bottom