- When in the Tavern / Ransom portion of the game, I selected a noble in my prisoners list
- I decided to execute them instead of selling them for ransom (it was the enemy emperor and I couldn't resist seeing what would happen).
- Clicking the Skull icon brought me to the execution screen.
- In the execution screen I clicked the Execute button after some hesitation, and the animation played.
- After the animation was complete, I was back in the ransom screen.
- Checking my prisoner roster, the enemy emperor was still there.
- I repeated the above x4
- At no point could I kill the emperor.
- I backed out, and then went into my party screen.
- Clicking the execute button successfully removed the emperor from my party and caused me to become a villan.