Private Servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem I see with no third-party servers are custom maps, MP mods and administration.
If you cannot host your own server then there will be only servers with the rules made by TW and administrators appointed by TW(which will probably be to few). Also you do not have custom maps which will probably make MP way less fun and interesting to play, MountAndSiege currently runs 73 maps.

Btw how is the anti-cheat system?
If i remember the Anti-cheat system will be introduced near the end of early access. Their reasoning was that they want to focus on finishing the game first.

If i remember the Anti-cheat system will be introduced near the end of early access. Their reasoning was that they want to focus on finishing the game first.
I get that and that's pretty logical but comes with major disadvantages.
1. It is easy to develop cheats, you can cheat during EA and make a good working one then when they implement it you only have to by pass the anti-cheat system.
2. EA could become a major cheat fest but as the servers are mass MP the big-boi cheats should stay away with an admin online.

I get that and that's pretty logical but comes with major disadvantages.
1. It is easy to develop cheats, you can cheat during EA and make a good working one then when they implement it you only have to by pass the anti-cheat system.
2. EA could become a major cheat fest but as the servers are mass MP the big-boi cheats should stay away with an admin online.
Honestly i don't even think they settled down which anti-cheat they will be using. Which i'm looking pretty forward to.

It's interesting how the fallacy of the 'servers are not ready' for community release argument gets ignored. If the servers are so bad then the game isn't ready for EA anyway lol.

Some people make the argument about collecting technical data on server crashes. Well, there's zero reason Taleworlds can't collect telemetry data on community run servers frankly. They will already collect data on client crashes remotely :rolleyes:.

Infact opening up servers to the community might help them catch MORE bugs with the servers.

It's interesting how the fallacy of the 'servers are not ready' for community release argument gets ignored. If the servers are so bad then the game isn't ready for EA anyway lol.

Some people make the argument about collecting technical data on server crashes. Well, there's zero reason Taleworlds can't collect telemetry data on community run servers frankly. They will already collect data on client crashes remotely :rolleyes:.

Infact opening up servers to the community might help them catch MORE bugs with the servers.
Arguments get ignored all the time. Welcome to the forums.

Taleworlds would have it a lot easier collecting data if its hosted on their own machines yes, i don't know how hard that is to understand. You seem to forget that the panels might not be working yet and that there could be some major issues.

Whatever reason taleworlds has to not release it, they most likely have a good reason not to. They might release the files within one month of early access if we're at it.

Stop feeling entitled

Well they did say that closer to release they'll enable private servers if i understood correctly so i see no problem with that, people need to remember what BETA and early acess mean, it's under development and not fully complete.

Last edited:
Well they did say that closer to release they'll enable private servers if i understood correctly so i see no problem with that, people need to remember what BETA and early acess mean, it's under development and full complete.
Exactly. It will be ready for the public when its ready to the public

Maybe disable multiplayer until it’s ready... there seem to be a lot people around that think EA is going to be everything for everyone when at every turn the devs had said it will be missing lots of things and to wait for full release if that concerns you.

Ok ok I didn’t mean that... but jeeez some people have no patience or respect for other people’s work being done how they are deciding to do it.

Arguments get ignored all the time. Welcome to the forums.

Taleworlds would have it a lot easier collecting data if its hosted on their own machines yes, i don't know how hard that is to understand. You seem to forget that the panels might not be working yet and that there could be some major issues.

Whatever reason taleworlds has to not release it, they most likely have a good reason not to. They might release the files within one month of early access if we're at it.

Stop feeling entitled

Not about feeling entitled. Again, there is zero reason they can't collect data on community servers remotely. On top of this, when something crashes, it will create a crash report and send it to Taleworlds. That's what they've been doing all beta with clients.

In software the best way to catch bugs is to distribute the software, because they'll break your software in ways you didn't think possible!

I agree with and understand the 'panels not working argument'. Clearly server configuration exists though in some capacity or they wouldn't have TDM, Skirmish and Captain mode servers. I did mention earlier too in this thread, people who host servers are generally technically savvy and a slightly convoluted configuration process probably isn't above them.

Finally maybe you're right about it 'just not being there' for whatever reason. Maybe admin controls don't exist for example. Let's just hope making our opinions known here makes them shift custom servers to the top of the priority list, right? :xf-smile:

Not about feeling entitled. Again, there is zero reason they can't collect data on community servers remotely. On top of this, when something crashes, it will create a crash report and send it to Taleworlds. That's what they've been doing all beta with clients.

In software the best way to catch bugs is to distribute the software, because they'll break your software in ways you didn't think possible!

I agree with and understand the 'panels not working argument'. Clearly server configuration exists though in some capacity or they wouldn't have TDM, Skirmish and Captain mode servers. I did mention earlier too in this thread, people who host servers are generally technically savvy and a slightly convoluted configuration process probably isn't above them.

Finally maybe you're right about it 'just not being there' for whatever reason. Maybe admin controls don't exist for example. Let's just hope making our opinions known here makes them shift custom servers to the top of the priority list, right? :xf-smile:

What bothers me is that people complain about it like the whole community is going to die. The EA is more then a month away and if i remember correctly there is an upcoming stress test next week. If all goes well and they're able to handle 200 players in a server then yes i believe they should release the server files a few weeks or a month after early access is released if the panel etc are finished.

There has been a single stress test back in september which showed the servers were not able to handle more then 100 people. For god's sake just wait for the next stress and see if the server is even able to handle enough players before jumping to conclusions.

We're not complaining just to complain, we just want TW to know what the community (or at least us) is waiting for, of course they probably have a good reason not to give this files for the moment, but still we want them to know that it would be amazing that we could open those servers as soon as possible, to help the community growing.

Yes I heard about the stress test. But, I don't even want more than 100 players (yet)! I really just want the custom servers themselves even if the limit is 100.

I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions about anything. I even agree, to a limited extent, with some of the things you say Younes about the servers maybe not being ready. I just want a change in priorities is all.

What bothers me is that people complain about it like the whole community is going to die. The EA is more then a month away and if i remember correctly there is an upcoming stress test next week. If all goes well and they're able to handle 200 players in a server then yes i believe they should release the server files a few weeks or a month after early access is released if the panel etc are finished.

There has been a single stress test back in september which showed the servers were not able to handle more then 100 people. For god's sake just wait for the next stress and see if the server is even able to handle enough players before jumping to conclusions.

The latest patch gives me the worst FPS I've had since July. On some maps, I can't get 60fps on 'Very Low' settings. For comparison, I could previously run almost all maps on 'Very High' settings and get 60+fps.

If the stress test is next week, some reverts in whatever is killing FPS is going to need to happen before that.

I think the people that word their entire arguement by saying "you're gonna buy it anyway. you don't matter, haha." Is really what's wrong with discussing stuff, being critical of an issue and talking about it, and wishing for private servers, doesn't mean that people can't make their voice be heard. Personally a year for private servers (a year in TW's words for early access to be over, probably, much, much longer than 1 year) is just way too long for any sane person to wait. Imagine you play the predecessor to this game, which is warband, you play the MP for events on all the different MP mods, with friends from your clan, regiment, or whatever they call themselves now. Bannerlord then comes out, and the MP has left you without a private server option. Honestly if the MP servers aren't ready to be launched to the public via private servers, the game shouldn't have an MP at release at all. TW has completely gone over their own heads, and are clearly struggling with the game they've seemingly been working on for several years, it's a shame.

Come on Younes, we waited 8 years already, we were super hyped, we planned so many projects and prepared so many things for our clans, and now all of sudden, nearly 1 month before the EA we have to abort or cancel it ? Good for you if you can wait, for some peoples its not that easy, if you can understand that it would be much appreciated.

Ya it sucks I understand but it was an assumption that they would have private servers. And now you have over extended your plans based on that. Time for some re adjustment now you have some facts.
This thread should at least now show them how important private servers are to certain segments of the community. Maybe Taleworlds have made some assumptions themselves and may or may not now plan some changes. But it really is up to them. After 8 years I still think its unfair to now all of a sudden try and rush them. By Callum’s response private servers are in their plans just not at initial EA release.
It could be worse, you could have assumed that private servers were going to be a thing and Taleworlds had decided to not do them this time around...

For the record I’m in Oceania so I can’t even play the beta or EA multiplayer at all.. but I will when it’s ready. So you see I probably won’t see multiplayer at all until private servers are a thing as they will likely release them before they decide they need a server in Oceania. They don’t really need it to help them get to the finish line and complete multiplayer and I accept that.

Back
Top Bottom