Private Servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Another thing when comparing warband MP to SP stats these days is that Warband MP is quite dead... It is an old game with only the dedicated MP players who have thousands of hours in the game playing it still. Most of the remaining casual players are on SP now, since there is no massive MP scene.
Might be true today. Everyone here has to remember NW, which is arguably the larger MP scene in M&B has always built upon events. The peaks, just like shown in the MNB Central statistics, has always been during weekends when NA and EU hosts their massive regimental line-battles filling several 200-slot servers to the brink. So in a way, calling the MP scene dead is unfair. TW Forums have 8.000.000 forum posts. The FSE (NW DLC MP) forums have about 2.000.000 forum posts. It's evident both communities has been very alive historically.

what @Lord Brutus pointed out about NW is something we're not sure of and we shouldn't presume the same achievements apply for that mod.
Unfortunately, there are no Steam achievements for playing NW. The Steam achievements does only register Native multi-player kills, wins. etc.
NW/Native servers has self-hosted leader-boards since a couple years back though. A few NW LBs: Groupfighting, Minisiege, BoB_Groupfighting, and NRP is releasing in-game player statistics next month.

Another thing when comparing warband MP to SP stats these days is that Warband MP is quite dead... It is an old game with only the dedicated MP players who have thousands of hours in the game playing it still. Most of the remaining casual players are on SP now, since there is no massive MP scene.
Also for example, it's like trying to compare AOE2 original to AOE2 definitive edition. It just doesn't work.
the reason that the Multiplayer scene isn't very large right now is because people have been leaving the old games in anticipation for this one, we aim to make the MP scene great again and EA is our best chance to get a foothold in doing so but without private servers or representation that foothold is going to turn into a slipping pinkygrip

the reason that the Multiplayer scene isn't very large right now is because people have been leaving the old games in anticipation for this one, we aim to make the MP scene great again and EA is our best chance to get a foothold in doing so but without private servers or representation that foothold is going to turn into a slipping pinkygrip

EA doesn't guarantee it though, just accept the fact that EA doesn't mean that it needs to be there.

100% agree, I am running my own community for Bannerlord. I reckon if it doesn't release custom servers to the public shortly the game will die off casual player wise until maybe release. By then you'll have your dedicated players burnt out of the game, mabe they will come back when the game releases fully but you segment your player bases.

100% agree, I am running my own community for Bannerlord. I reckon if it doesn't release custom servers to the public shortly the game will die off casual player wise until maybe release. By then you'll have your dedicated players burnt out of the game, mabe they will come back when the game releases fully but you segment your player bases.

Nothing will die.

Yeah that's true...

Honestly I hope the servers in EA are much MUCH better. These server crashes are getting extremely tiresome.

Just let people host their own servers of captain mode and we can all enjoy massive battles without the thing dropping in the middle of a good fight.

Back
Top Bottom