PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Eoferwic (21/7/13)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hrotha, can you change my name to Hyrningr, because the "F" was my fault :p I found the name here http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/norse/landnamabok.html

Conan_o_barberis said:
Hrotha, can you change my name to Hyrningr, because the "F" was my fault :p I found the name here http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/norse/landnamabok.html

I've done that.

Added you as well Bregowulf.

SIGN-UPS CLOSED
The sign-ups are now closed as we are approaching the start of the event. Do not try to sign-up now or you will be ignored. Please note that if a signed-up player can't get in the server because it's full, the organizers, at their discretion, can kick from the server anybody who didn't sign up (we know it's not polite but it is only fair). Only players who have been added to the rosters in the OP are considered to have signed up.
Check also which banner you are fighting under. So for the publics, you MUST use the faction banner. This helps the public host leaders know who is who in the chaos of the field.
The server will be closed to the public approximately 15 minutes before the beginning of the event, but signed-up players are advised to get in the appropriate TS channel in advance.

hrotha said:
Ah, I missed Leifr's post. Ragnarr (h)inn rauði would be correct; however, don't forget that the Norse public host is not made up of Danes, but of Northumbrians, both English and Anglo-Danes. Chances are these people would speak primarily in Old English, with some of them being bilingual. Therefore, I'd suggest Regenhere se reada instead.
Well that could also work ^^ You guys gets to choose which one fits me the best :smile:
Ps: Couldn't see my name in "Northumbrians"

I'll play either side with any name I'm given or using one of my other names if need be. Worst comes to the worst I'll dig out my copy of Enemy of God and find a name from there.

With the event an hour and bit away, I would like to remind you all of some basic stuff to make sure things run smoothly and everybody has fun.

The battle will begin on the Eoferwic map where three rounds will be fought, a five minute break, then another three rounds. A winner will be decided here.

After the battle rounds, the losing side will retreat to the ruined and sacked city of Eoferwic itself, which shall be represented in the old favourite conquest map called Esterteferd.

If one side has won both the battle and the conquest, they are declared the winners. However, if one side wins the battle but loses the conquest, a decider battle will be fought to decide who wins the event.

Remember to pay attention to the in-game admin to see how the event is going.

Also, remember the rules:
  • Players must join the TeamSpeak server: 176.9.103.48:9986 and go to your respected channels.
  • Public players MUST play as the basic class (Pedaile for Normant and Liði for Norðmenn). The only exception is if their host leader assigns a special class to any of them.
  • Public players must pick the standard faction banner.
  • The normal rules of Hrafnabjóðr also apply.

Hazzardevil said:
I'll play either side with any name I'm given or using one of my other names if need be. Worst comes to the worst I'll dig out my copy of Enemy of God and find a name from there.
Check the first post in this thread for sources on authentic names.

Nice job, Northumbrians! Even though we were public players we managed to hold out pretty well and eventually win the battle.

I recorded it from my POV (sadly forgetting to record my own voice, leaving out all of my awesome tactical ideas and suggestions like "can I drown myself?"); I'll be uploading the videos some time next week.
Here's a bunch of screens I managed to take. :razz:

2QvHE.png
-bU8O.jpg
LYSSt.png
ZhViW.jpg
q_IXT.jpg
2YCKH.jpg
aB848.jpg
j9Ste.jpg
tAhJU.jpg
oFTV_.jpg
sG-bH.jpg
TuUA8.jpg
P48jA.jpg

It was a nice event as always, too bad Willy lost once again.

To be honest, I've found our team to be a bit overwhelmed in the first rounds.
The danes had +10 players on us, and that's one but not the main reason. I haven't seen any kind of coordination between infantry and cavalry. We have divided the infantry at least once while we would have been better off together to engage the danes' shieldwall with cavalry hitting them from behind. But cavalry had little patience and charged and flanked BEFORE any melee actually started - committing a suicide.
Our infantry was already outnumbered, our cavalry was too hasty, it is obvious we had lost. Maybe our shieldwall formation wasn't fancy and good as it should, but I think that's what really mattered the less tonight. Also, I've heard not so many orders on the microphones, but I've also heard we endured teamspeak problem, so that's fine...

Back
Top Bottom