Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

Felix Mage said:
Add few misterious items which would be hidden in some maps in chests.
It will be fun to discover hidden items which will be one of the kind!
I'm not sure if we have any 'mysterious' items :razz:, but there will be some hidden chests:
Comrade Temuzu said:
More Age of Change scenes. This one is a treasure hunt map, lots of jumping, great views, and other challenges, thinking of including a puzzle or two in there.

Anyway, enjoy. Tomb Raider has worked as a great inspiration.

0way-.jpg
wb0LJ.jpg
_LQ7s.jpg
D_zVQ.jpg
0O9TR.jpg

Hey Zimke, I found this Chinese site by accident and it seems it's dedicated to recreating ancient China and it's armies in Mount & Blade. And I got to say, they do some pretty amazing work, almost as good as yours in terms of textures.

The address is:
http://blog.sina.com.cn/comickevin
(Scroll down to see model shots)

5ea62109xbc6ad7f696e0&690
5ea62109xbc41fdae3581&690

I figured maybe, if you were ever want of inspiration for a possible Asian-inspired expansion pack for the mod in the future, this would be straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.
:smile:

amor sets ( i mean you can buy a set you put it on and it is nice) its much easyer buy thing and if you can't pay it than you can buy one thing
oja i thought this the best forum for this

-Was wondering about Ottoman /Balkan /North African waistcoat costume, seems fit but infortunately
oldest sources I found are from late 17th c.
ottomans18036ci.jpg
otto5ca1.jpg

Ralamb-81.jpg
ottoman_0004.gif
ottoman_0002.gif

Maybe infact those are 19th /early 20th colonial/exotic fashion ? Totally dont know.
zuavoscarlisrtasyo7.jpg

zouaves-3.jpg

Ah the Serbian hajduk vest called toke, often made of silver and gold gilding, really interesting design, I was planing to make one, even took a pic of real thing;
dscn3338e.jpg

Adittional museum pics:
copyofdscf0710.jpg
copyofdscf0714.jpg
copyofdscf0716.jpg
25.JPG

There is one late medieval example found in Bosnia, so we can use it. It is presumed that this chest armor was some derivation from scale armor, we can even compare it with russian kuyak used from 13th to 17th century, since construction is similar.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
There is one late medieval example found in Bosnia, so we can use it. It is presumed that this chest armor was some derivation from scale armor, we can even compare it with russian kuyak used from 13th 15th to 17th century, since construction is similar.
Fix'd  :roll:

JoG said:
Zimke Zlovoljni said:
There is one late medieval example found in Bosnia, so we can use it. It is presumed that this chest armor was some derivation from scale armor, we can even compare it with russian kuyak used from 13th 15th to 17th century, since construction is similar.
Any particular reason for the fix? AFAIK most sources mention that kuyak-type amours existed in Russia from the 13th to the 17th century.

Waldzios said:
JoG said:
Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Any particular reason for the fix? AFAIK most sources mention that kuyak-type amours existed in Russia from the 13th to the 17th century.
Well, those are bad sources then. ^_^
On a more serious note, a clear meaning of the word "kuyak" has to be defined first. If you are talking about the armor depicted in the classic book by Viskovatov, then it is dated from 15th century at the earliest (BTW, that's how it is dated in that book). The thing is, however, that this book was published around mid-1800s and a lot of things have changed since that time :wink:. In modern Russian works and especially among the reenactors the word "kuyak" is often used to describe an Asian (Mongol type) brigandine that appeared in the late 1200s(way too optimistic, IMO) - early 1300s. But again, this is a completely different type of armor.

As for the 13th century, we do have archeological findings of mail hauberks and lamellar plates. There are also some surviving metal plates of what is thought to be a scale armor dated around early 1300s, and some metal pieces that are arguably a part of the brigandine dated from the 14th century. Again, this brigandine (if it was indeed a brigandine) was likely to be imported from Western Europe. Some scale-like armors are depicted in the miniatures in the 13th century books or frescoes, but there is always some degree of freedom during interpretation of these images, since most of them were made according to the religious Byzantine canon laws and may not represent the actual reality.

So, no kuyaks for the 13th century Rus  :lol:

And yeah, if you wanna read some decent books about the Medieval Russian arms and armor, you probably have to learn Russian, since the access to the original materials was very limited for the Western European/American scientists during the whole 20th century (Commies, you know...). And you cannot write a good book if you're unable to study the original documents of the period, make excavations and so on.

Then it's question of kuyak definition. For me it always was the reverse bigandine of central Asian/Mongol origin.

About Viskovatov's book, it says XIV century:
kuyak.jpg

BTW. I was learning Russian for 10 years (in school), not very effectively,  but enough to read some basic stuff  :smile:.

Waldzios said:
Then it's question of kuyak definition. For me it always was the reverse bigandine of central Asian/Mongol origin.

About Viskovatov's book, it says XIV century:
kuyak.jpg

BTW. I was learning Russian for 10 years (in school), not very effectively,  but enough to read some basic stuff  :smile:.
Oh, OK. Then that's Viskovatov's mistake. His book series was published in 1841—1862, so there's quite a few mistakes in it.
I remember back when Narf made his beautiful kuyak models I was wondering about his references and the timeframe of those armors. Finally, I've found those images, but I've also found the discussion about those armors on the Russian reenactor forum (it's similar to Freha.pl if you know what I mean). IIRC, the guys there came up with a conclusion that this type of armor appeared around 15th century.

For kuyak armors ,don't mind if it's from 13th or 15th , That's on our time frame
Point-final.jpg

Toke is truly kickass .Our ancestors had tough style, didnt they :lol:

But what I was wondering is simply if costume with short sleeveless waistcoat ;broad pantaloon/sarouel ;
tarbuch/turban/traditionnal hat ;and scarf-belt ,as in pics I posted before ,were used before late 18th c. colonial fashions.
So if it's in the time frame or not.

Well, loose fitting trousers were used for example  in Byzantium under long tunic, but that was in the time when Huns roamed the world. They appeared again in the late 16th century,and could be used up until XIII century, but as the tunics became longer the depictions of loose fitting trousers are something I haven't seen, due to same being hidden by tunic. But the period wise, I think that we can have them :smile:

Alexandrida (writen pre XIV century, and translated in Serbian in XIV century, in russian literature clasified as Сербская Александрия)is a good source of balkan clothing, but tunics are hiding the trousers unfortunately (haven't looked through all the pages thou so that could be a good idea to do).

IMHO this clothing style fits time frame, but only in limited range, multi-layer and multi-color clothes were very important for Muslim culture, clothes used to show wearer position, wearing so simple set of clothes fits only poorest/lowest class
Mundy-baltici,%20road%20cleaner%20and%20porter.jpg
Mundy-Armenian%20hammal%20%5Bkhamal%5D%20or%20porter.jpg
and sailors
545xe.jpg

The height of the turban showed one's social importance. Also, if you didn't wear it in public you were considered a man without "head" (I.e. the Sultan's turban had to be the highest).

-Maybe in early times it was only worn by sailors and non-turkish "adventurers" .But those clothing could also be highly decorated ,
as in the gold/silver toke ,or like those :
picture0168.jpg
otto5ca1.jpg

-Indeed clothing has a real importance on muslim cultures ;as we can see in Rålamb costumes book from 1657-58 ,specific dresses,hats,feathers ,...
http://greatestbattles.iblogger.org/Ottoman/Album/Ralamb-military.htm

-And something interesting enough ,lookin' like Zimke's swordmace .
Axe_mace.02.jpg
Never seen that before ,really weird .Must be unconfortable, especially for wrists .

Tcherski said:
-And something interesting enough ,lookin' like Zimke's swordmace .
Axe_mace.02.jpg
We already have maces with handguards like that, not sure about axes.
Tcherski said:
Never seen that before ,really weird .Must be unconfortable, especially for wrists .
Cut wrists or fingers are probably more uncomfortable  :razz:, IMHO for warriors not using metal gauntlets handguards are very important  :mrgreen:.

Waldzios said:
Cut wrists or fingers are probably more uncomfortable  :razz:, IMHO for warriors not using metal gauntlets handguards are very important  :mrgreen:.
You're right in one side Waldzios ,predominantly when shields declined because of firearms . But IMO when on foot ,
you need to "swing" the weapon to control it well ,above all when the weight isn't distributed in the lenght ,like in an axes or maces .

I must be wrong ,cause I found those weapons weren't as rare as that  :???:  :
maces3.jpg
(dunno what's the book)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And inspirationnal stuff ,just for thinking :
Mousquet03.jpg
XVIth c.  Italian 7 barrels musket ,only 1 barrel has a plate ;others must be fired manually with a match .Notice than Only 3 barrels are on the right side ,
others are pistols caliber and are on the cross . Da Vinci's early automatic pistol or what ?  :lol: decidely Renaissance was the age of crazy stuff  :lol:

Tcherski said:
But IMO when on foot ,
you need to "swing" the weapon to control it well ,above all when the weight isn't distributed in the lenght ,like in an axes or maces .
You are probably right, but IMHO one handed maces were mainly cavalry weapon, foot warriors generally used to have big choice of more suitable anti-armour weapons available (poleaxes, awlpikes etc).
Tcherski said:
I must be wrong ,cause I found those weapons weren't as rare as that  :???:  :
maces3.jpg
AFAIK those are mainly Persian or Indian, in Europe maces were replaced with pistols at end of 16th century, in east IMHO they have time to evolve into more advanced forms.
Tcherski said:
And inspirationnal stuff ,just for thinking :
Mousquet03.jpg
Already on list :smile:.

There were plenty interesting multi shot weapons in period:

Wheellock six shot revolver By Paul Dubler. German, about 1600
Wheellock%20six%20shot%20revolver%20By%20Paul%20Dubler.%20German%2C%20about%201600%202.jpg
Wheellock three shot pistol Superimposed load pistol. German, about 1550-60
Wheellock%20three%20shot%20pistol%20Superimposed%20load%20pistol.%20German%2C%20about%201550-60.jpg
8-shot matchlock 1600
4816581327_4093943f28_b.jpg
3-shot Wheellock pistol
887323492_9396c29be8_b.jpg

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but I think it would be a cool idea to have a Crusade of a sort. For example you talk to the king of... lets say Swadia and ask him to start a kind of holy war against the desert type factions (Sarranids ect) to reclaim a lost city, and then after the city is captured, the war ceases. Different factions could help join in on the crusade, taking back their cities as well. If thats not a good idea, than could you please consider adding this sword? :razz: http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Souldrinker

Back
Top Bottom