Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

Does AoC II already have Black Cuirassiers, aka schwarze reiters as units? If not, I'd very much like to see them. They were of the most iconic troops of the 17th century, and are personally my favorite type of cavalry :smile:. I was very disappointed they were neither in Wfas nor The Deluge.

They were heavily armored units, wearing a full suit of plate minus the boots, which were leather, and sometimes minus the plated gloves, also replaced with leather ones, due to plate gloves being a nuisance when reloading. Their legs were protected by long tasseters.

They were armed with pistols and broadswords, although the latter could be many different weapons, such as sabers, maces and chekans.

In use roughly from 1600. - 1650. Due to their armors being very expensive to manufacture and the troops themselves expensive to maintain, they were gradually replaced by lighter cavalry during the later 40's of the century.

Here is a few pictures of them, from 30 years war and the English Civil War, earlier versions with plumes and possibly in different colors and later ones without the plumes, mainly black. The real deal. :smile:

200px-Firing.cuirassier.jpg

cuirass.jpg

Pappenheim_Curassiers.PNG

impcuir.jpg

typsoldater.jpg

Imperial%20Cuirassier%201640.jpg

Cuirassiers.gif

EnglishCivilwarsoldiers.jpg

ts

phpThumb.php

cuirassier_armour.jpg

Object27_Bunratty9_0438.jpg

6027360801_3bde7da791.jpg

348377074_fb6939d85f.jpg

unit_cuirassier.jpg

ArmourFrenchc.jpg

Some Helmets, can't find any black ones :<
d5079466l.jpg

66753419_p.jpg

B3P684.jpg

Clickies:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterjr1961/2783167495/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/franmoff/4922248918/

I would like to see some Allwhite Armour (like these in the Battle of Agincourt) and some English Style Plate Armour of the second half of the 15th Century (e.g. like the ones worn in the Wars of the Roses). The problem especially for the first one could be the rigging of the fauld, because it's made of steel and shouldn't be stretching. I asked one modeller who made one and he told me, there are some limitations with WB's skeleton.

Here are some pictures:

1) Allwhite Armour
large_orig_drawing_knight_cornwall.jpg

large_orig_drawing_agincourt_knight.jpg
I really like the surcoats on these two armours.
GT017Agincourt_L.jpg

large_orig_drawing_knight_arundel.jpg
That's a later version from ca. 1434.

2) English Style Plate Armour
large_orig_drawing_knight_herstmonceux.jpg

large_drawing_d2_knight_1460.jpg

large_drawing_d3_knight_1455.jpg

Hmm... Is there any significant diffrence between English style plate and run of the mill Italian export armour? Except the higher sallet skulls and the special English gauntlets.

I think it's most likely a combination of Italian and German Gothic Style. There are some parts typical for the German Gothic Style, e.g. the type of fluting and the elbow plate defenses. Most of the other parts are typical Italian Style. But I think unique for the English Style is the lenght of the fauld, longer than the other ones. Maybe it was because the English knights were mostly fighting unmounted.

large_knight_drawing_savile.jpg

Graham Turner: A very distinctive English armour based primarily on the tomb effigy of Sir John Savile, at Thornhill in Yorkshire. Sir John died in 1482 and his armour shows many of the characteristics of other English armours of the period, but with subtle differences in details such as the fluting and cusping, especially on the pauldrons (shoulders). He wears a Yorkist livery collar of suns and roses, showing his allegiance and standing with the Yorkist King Edward IV.

large_orig_drawing_knight_herstmonceux.jpg

Graham Turner: This is an Italian export armour, basically following Italian forms, but adapted to suit the taste and fashions of its English owner. The effigies wear tabards, so Graham has recreated the appearance of the cuirass incorporating design elements from the rest of the harness; the distinctive fleur-de-lys from the demi-greave is repeated at the top of the plackart, which also incorporates some flutes, reflecting those that can be seen on the tassets - both features that appear on other armours of the period. The salet is topped with a gilded ball, as depicted in the well known Beauchamp Pageant, which is contemporary with the effigies.

I see your point. But I wonder if these armours were actually made in England or made in Italy specifically for the tastes and fashions of English customers? As there is little information on armour production in England until the formation Greenwich workshop by Henry VIII, relatively late in the Medieval period. Leaving a lot of unknowns about English armour in general.

P.S. Its nice to speak to someone who obviously knows their fair share about Medieval armour.  :smile:

I think it depended on the quality of the armour. The more expensive ones were probably made in Italy (Milan?) or The Holy Roman Empire, but I read England had some good armourers, too. Unfortunately I don't remember the source.

Deleted the question for help.

Zimke! These just came out as an OSP pack. :shock:
Sturmhaube1.jpg

Sturmhaube2.jpg

Sturmhaube3.jpg

Sturmhaube4.jpg

Sturmhaube5.jpg

Sturmhaube6.jpg

Sturmhaube7.jpg

WIP:
Export1.jpg
The top closed helmet in the WIP picture is my favorite helmet in general. Hope to see it in your mod. :smile:

An OSP pack that was just released.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=239116.new#new

Thanks for the info but we already have our versions of burgonets. I might rework one of them sometimes but there is no need for that right now. I am working on horses atm, can you find some osp horses that are not retextures of native ones, I remember there was one model but I don't have time to search for it.

you wouldn't believe how busy I am this days

Yeh I know, just thought you may want to use a few of couple of these along with the ones you already have. :wink:

How about adding just this one when it's done?
RawCQ.jpg

Pretty Please. :razz:

As for horses. I think I know what model you mean, a light brown heavy horse/pony. I'll try to find it.

Yea that's the one, always wanted to check it out, thanks :wink:

Some progress on horses as a reward,he,he:

A simple light horse for Romeians.
romeianlighthorsebyzimk.png

*Now, If there is anyone who is familiar with horses of the medieval period and their names/equipment/look it would be useful to have that info.

*Also now is the time to make that request about the horsie you wanted to see.. :wink:

Now when I look at it, it looks somehow nazi  :neutral: I might just make the hair dark brown...

You mean the Black Reiters?

Woot. :shock:

As for the horse you've just made - While the saddle looks nice, the rest of the horse looks kind of plain. That's the case with most warband horses though, unless they are covered in mail or plate. :???:

They just lack...props.

I think the easiest way to fix it would be to add this
300hats.jpg

And make the manes actually modeled or really thick, which is one of the reasons the horse you wanted me to find looks so nice.

As for horses in general - I of course have no knowledge of this, all I could do is find you an article or two on the internet, but anyone can do that. :razz:

I can however recall a mod that did the horses right. Only mod I know that made a notable step from vanilla when it comes to horses - It's called Knights the Last battle. if you wish I could post some pictures of the horses and the interesting props/equipment that they have. It's also set in late middle ages, which is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom