Post delicious meals you made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, the French do it with gruyere, which is kinda mature, but really, they don't do hard cheeses like the Brits, so you'd be hard pressed to find a decent one which would melt well. And sadly, I ate it all on the night, so no chance to refrigerate.

Double post for the lulz:

Mushroom, garlic, prawns, cream and cheese pasta dish. Took 20 minutes, tasted ****ING AMAZING.

really spicy, a bit thin for my taste though.
zsD_8.jpg

Seems like all those flavors would go really well together, although I don't like to mix habanero and jalapeno flavors, I prefer to let them stand on their own.

I mince it together with tomatoes and a little bit of soy sauce. I know it doesn't sound like it'd work. But it does. Used to make it without the jalapeños. But needed something a little sour to balance out the hot, sweet and salty.

SacredStoneHead said:
Teofish said:
You absolutely have to try my Habanero, garlic, ginger, wasabi and jalapeño sauce.

Don't forget Meerrettich. That thing is awesome on top of a toasted whole grain bread with butter.
that I usually combine with English yellow mustard. Something I learned from a Hungarian girl. Fantastic bread-spread.

Sounds good, I'm experimenting with spreads these times, as I'm doing all sorts of bakery stuff with oat flour, may try that.

This week I done some cracker-like chapatis, and used both meerrettich/butter and ricotta with herbs'n'olives as spread. Great stuff, very cheap too.

Spicy food just doesn't affect me all that much. There's some intense pain when I'm in the mood to eat raw peppers, sure, but it passes after about ten minutes, and I never find myself sweating or feeling ill to my stomach.

I wonder if its possible to build up a tolerance. Apparently I've been eating hot peppers since I was less than two. I demanded to try some peppers (don't know what kind, but they couldn't have been that hot) at our dinner table when I was really little. My parents decided to humor me, but I ended up eating a whole bunch of them. Six was my first habanero from the garden. I really regretted that at the time, cried for a good hour, but now I don't have a problem with them.

You guys are among that weird minority, then. Dryvus is one of you as well. I know that I can't often sense the heat of things that, uh, you people call spicy. There was a time when I was a kid and I had a friend over. We had just begun to eat spaghetti that my mom had made for us, and I look over at my friend. She looks like she's choking from the heat of it, waving her hands frantically in front of her mouth and begging for water. I couldn't tell there was any hot sauce added to it at all. 

Know what you mean. I come from a long line of magma eaters. Back in school my friends used to come up with insane excuses not to have to eat at ours.

I like how peppers represent man's ability to laugh in the face of evolution. Here these peppers were, thinking they had a perfect mechanism to keep mammals away while still allowing birds to efficiently distribute their little seeds, when all of a sudden humans come along and just ignore the pain that would make any other mammal never eat a pepper again.

Back
Top Bottom