Possible to coup an existing faction leader?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mixoux

Recruit
So I know the mechanics of starting your own kingdom, and backing a claimant to the throne. I was wondering, though, if it's possible to place your character as King/Queen of an existing faction. If not then I guess I can always slowly annex the faction with my own, but it'd be cool to start a civil war quest of sorts, get adequate backing of the lords, and depose the leader, setting yourself up to become the new ruler without having to reconquer all the territories.

There is no possible way. A chance to complete with the pretender for election by the nobles like in the Russian storyline in WFAS, could be done, but not as of now. Creating a faction of the same name could help.

I think the best way to stage a coup, would be to take fiefs until your king tells you "Here's 900 gold instead", then break off keeping your fiefs. Before doing this, you should get a really good relation with all of the lords of your faction, so that they'll be more inclined to break off with you. I'm pretty sure how that works, as it's my plan for taking over the Crusader States later on in-game.

Lord Serius said:
I think the best way to stage a coup, would be to take fiefs until your king tells you "Here's 900 gold instead", then break off keeping your fiefs. Before doing this, you should get a really good relation with all of the lords of your faction, so that they'll be more inclined to break off with you. I'm pretty sure how that works, as it's my plan for taking over the Crusader States later on in-game.

Yeah, I was a bit worried that when I left I'd lose my fiefs since it's been so long since I've played. Anyway I was already married to a lord and got him to support my rule and we kept our holdings, including Constantinople, which is really the only thing I wanted to keep at minimum.

Back
Top Bottom