Possible Sturgian Background Buff?

Users who are viewing this thread

In game, Sturgia tends to suck in game and many people straight up don’t choose its culture because it’s meh. Sure, you lose cohesion slower but if you have an army, you can gain more influence to support it. The less speed penalty in snow is ok but has no point in many other areas you are conquering.

Since you have added storms which debuff cavalry, you could add the less speed penalty to the cavalry used. This would make cavalry users more likely to choose Sturgian culture. This would give them a vital advantage in snowstorms against other cavalry and horse archers.

I think a return of the Snow Penalty Reduction buff would be nice, since half the continent snows in Winter and at least Sturgia is consistently snowy for 2/3rds of the year. It's especially attractive, in my mind, because it'd buff NPCs as well as the player character.

I think a return of the Snow Penalty Reduction buff would be nice, since half the continent snows in Winter and at least Sturgia is consistently snowy for 2/3rds of the year. It's especially attractive, in my mind, because it'd buff NPCs as well as the player character.
+1

Battania currently have the best culture bonus. Not sure why Sturgia's was changed

Sturgia should have -40% penalty in snow, Battania -30% in forests since it's everywhere and easy to "herd" AI into to catch them. Sturgia is also more spread out in terms of territory so it really just helps reduce the time to move to the west/east side which they have to do more than any other faction except Aserai, and Aserai have a complete negation of desert speed penalty on top of cav/horse archer heavy compositions that are just naturally faster.

The buff of Battania's with the removal of Sturgia's made no sense at all to me.

I do hope they get around to the culture effects again sometime since the current ones are incredibly dull, and there's just no gameplay reason to pick anything but Battania or Empire for most players. Many bonuses are negligible and uninspiring little +/- cost modifiers that have no impact on playstyle whatsoever.

I'd say their biggest problem is them not making it into besieged territory in time, and them disbanding armies once they lose it. So something along these lines, the numbers could be tweaked, would help them greatly.
+ Snow movement speed penalty removed (Doesn't matter much to remove it entirely since they will still have the forest penalty most of the time anyway.).
+ Building siege camp and equipment while besieging settlements owned by Sturgian rulers take 100% longer (Maybe a bit too much, could be reduced as I said, the point is to make the sieges take longer to win armies more time in order to help.).
- +100% food consumption (I mean, if you're out in the cold all day, you'll get hungry faster. The reason for this 'outrageous' percentage is because one, fish is practically free in Sturgia and two, this would help reduce money gain for AI lords, which are the primary target for culture bonuses anyway.)

I'd say tweak the Khuzait culture bonus a bit since they will have a much harder time against their northern neighbor now instead of pushing all the way to Sibir and Varnovapol by the end of 1085 and that extra money gain could help.

Back
Top Bottom