Possible Simple Solution to Captain Mode Delaying Silliness: Overwhelming Odds Multiplier

Users who are viewing this thread

Even if cav teamplays, realistically the cavalry player is most likely gonna be the last one alive even if they pull their forces into the infantry fight. The main purpose of cavalry in an inf battle is distraction, and small burst charges to do the most damage possible. Because of this games still would end in maybe 4v20 situations, even when cav pulls into the infantry fight. Are you saying that the cavalry player at that point should just give up and quit?
4v20 is a pretty good scenario and I think about what is the tipping point of a reasonable expectation of victory.

Let's say we've got 4 knights vs. 20 Clan Warriors with 2 Stars of morale left. I don't have exact costs in front of me at the moment, bear with me:
4 x 200 = 800 points of knights.
20 x 100 = 2000 points of Clan Warriors.
60 seconds on the clock.

The knights, in this hypothetical, are outnumbered 2:1, but not quite 3:1, so would not have the Overwhelming Odds multiplier yet.

If they lose a knight though, they drop to 600 points of Knights vs 2000 points of Clan Warriors and are now Outnumbered 3:1. The Overwhelming Odds multiplier kicks in, doubling the rate at which they lose morale, and they now have 30 seconds to either bring the odds back into a winnable ratio or lose the round. Its doable in a 4 v. 20 for sure, and even under this proposed system you'd be able to pull it off with competent play.

If we're down to a 3 v. 40 or 4 v. 60, we do need to end the round more quickly.

They don't have to quit, all they have to do is not run pretty pony loops around the map wasting everyone's time and actually fight some people.

Back
Top Bottom