Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasimodo64

Recruit
Hi everybody,

I only would like to say thank you for the wonderfull
HYW mod. I enjoyed it a lot with M&B version 0.9xx and never played the vanilla
version until today.

Now M&B 1.003 is out (now I´, playing vanilla) and I´m wondering if a port to this final
realease is planned and maybe a suggestion about a time schedule ?

Anyhow, keep up the good work and thank you for your work so far.

When your going to port it. Will you add new features? i think a couple of new factions would really flourish the game. The way it is now its just too gray.

The historical setting might not allow that. Mabe some other **** like monasteries, universities or other non-factional content.  :roll: Right...

I think Armagon might release another bugfix or two so we might now even get a mod kit until version 1.004 or 1.005.

Sound Chaser said:
The historical setting might not allow that. Mabe some other **** like monasteries, universities or other non-factional content.  :roll: Right...

What you mean? Historicaly its a whole lot of factions that could be implemented.. Go catch up on your reading

Brittany, Navare, Flanders, Portugal, Aragon, Castille and Hainaut, Scottland and of course just throw in the rest of the brittish isles just for the fun of it=)

El Georgeo McFudge said:
.... Maybe that's a few too many.

well maybe for the modders point of view.. But have you tried hegemony mod? It reallly knocks anything else on its ass, mostly because of all the faction.. The game feels much better.. Anyway it would be good to see atleast scottland, brittany, and castille..

Sound Chaser said:

pesja said:
Brittany, Navare, Flanders, Portugal, Aragon, Castille and Hainaut, Scottland and of course just throw in the rest of the brittish isles just for the fun of it=)

Indeed there are a large amount of 'small' duchy's that could be added as minor factions, (burgundy was more powerfull and the french kings ruling from isle de paris had about as much unified control over their vassals as.. well french kings over their vassals hahaha 
Just read a bit about it.

pesja said:
Sound Chaser said:

What you mean? Historicaly its a whole lot of factions that could be implemented.. Go catch up on your reading

Yes, there where a couple other factions but mostly this 100 years war was based of England vs France. I got almost 20 books based on 500 AD-1500 AD and 5 books on the hundred years war just let me read em again and i will get back to you on that  :mrgreen: Plus it's kind of a "duh" that it's based on England vs France i think adding more factions wouldn't really make it historical accurate. Because if your burgundy and you take over France then wtf? I like it 2 large factions Battling each other. Only thing i think they should add is more villages + castles + more lords = bigger battles = more fun

Dragnguard77 said:
pesja said:
Sound Chaser said:

Yes, there where a couple other factions but mostly this 100 years war was based of England vs France. I got almost 20 books based on 500 AD-1500 AD and 5 books on the hundred years war just let me read em again and i will get back to you on that  :mrgreen: Plus it's kind of a "duh" that it's based on England vs France i think adding more factions wouldn't really make it historical accurate. Because if your burgundy and you take over France then wtf? I like it 2 large factions Battling each other. Only thing i think they should add is more villages + castles + more lords = bigger battles = more fun

What books? anything you can reccommend? anyway i don't agree with what you saying. Its a game, i think it would be cool to try and "change" history.. But maybe it would fit better if someone were to make a mod not based on a war, but on a certain point in time instead

pesja said:
Dragnguard77 said:
pesja said:
Sound Chaser said:

What books? anything you can reccommend? anyway i don't agree with what you saying. Its a game, i think it would be cool to try and "change" history.. But maybe it would fit better if someone were to make a mod not based on a war, but on a certain point in time instead

True it would be kinda cool to "change history" also the based on certain point in time, arn't they alredy doing that, oh ya and I recommend MEDIEVAL WORLD book not a hard back  :lol:

hardbacks are for sissys =P They are? except from the hegemony mod which is set in the antique i dont know of any..

Anymore? name the whole bunch if you want too=P I think its hard to find good books on history.. They never sell any in the bookstores and i can't think of any places to "look" them up.. All i found so far is the speaches of Marcus Tullius Scicero and the works of Machiavelli which isnt really history, but you can pick up quite alot from them anyway.. The publisher that gave out the books is actually called "Cappelens unpopular writings" =P Guess theres not much of a market for those kind of books

pesja said:
hardbacks are for sissys =P They are? except from the hegemony mod which is set in the antique i dont know of any..

Anymore? name the whole bunch if you want too=P I think its hard to find good books on history.. They never sell any in the bookstores and i can't think of any places to "look" them up.. All i found so far is the speaches of Marcus Tullius Scicero and the works of Machiavelli which isnt really history, but you can pick up quite alot from them anyway.. The publisher that gave out the books is actually called "Cappelens unpopular writings" =P Guess theres not much of a market for those kind of books

Look in scholastic books to  :razz:

pesja said:
El Georgeo McFudge said:
.... Maybe that's a few too many.

well maybe for the modders point of view.. But have you tried hegemony mod? It reallly knocks anything else on its ass, mostly because of all the faction.. The game feels much better.. Anyway it would be good to see atleast scottland, brittany, and castille..

Dude, You have to include Flanders!! Geographycally speaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom