Poll - What is your favorite faction ?

What is your favorite faction ?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I chose Sturgian, but I have to be honest: I'm disappointed in them. I thought there was some more Nord there but all I have is people running around in funny Eastern European hats and losing settlements to the damn Vlandians. I had to take charge and push back the hordes of armored mounted knights because on every playthrough the Sturgians get annihilated.

#WeNeedBetterSturgians

Nothing beats a shield wall of legionnaires supported by Battanian Fianns! I wanted to use sturgian infantry as an extra auxiliary force but alas, they look a bit goofy. Battanian spearmen are a good substitute for now. Exploring a bit with imperial horse archers too

With how the game pushes you towards world conquest it seems, the only two sensible answers, are Empire, and Khuzaits. The Empire for obvious reasons, and the Khuzaits because that's what mongol hordes tend to end up doing. Vlandia seems nice and all, but what reason do they have to conquer all of Calradia?

A Kievan Rus faction is infinitely more interesting than a copy of the Nords, maybe save the viking themed faction until you have something that takes an advantage of what actually makes them interesting like ships/naval combat of some sort.

With how the game pushes you towards world conquest it seems, the only two sensible answers, are Empire, and Khuzaits. The Empire for obvious reasons, and the Khuzaits because that's what mongol hordes tend to end up doing. Vlandia seems nice and all, but what reason do they have to conquer all of Calradia?

I'd argue Battania also has a strong story reason to want to conquer Calradia. It was all their land at one point. A Battanian playthrough would be motivated out of a desire to re-take ancestral lands and push back the invasive forces of foreign devils so it can once again belong to the sons of Battania.

A Kievan Rus faction is infinitely more interesting than a copy of the Nords, maybe save the viking themed faction until you have something that takes an advantage of what actually makes them interesting like ships/naval combat of some sort.
+1, the first faction change mod that I'm looking forward to will be the inevitable Nordic/Kievan Rus split in the current Sturgians rather than the current unholy mix that doesn't please either side.

I would say Empire in culture but Khuzait in troops, cause the ****ing 280 bow and 280 riding skill is definition of insane, know that my character can never be as good as those freaking Khan's guard.

Even the freaking bandits in Khuzait are OP like ****, you can never touch those stepped bandits unless it's more than 40 in numbers.

I chose Sturgian, but I have to be honest: I'm disappointed in them. I thought there was some more Nord there but all I have is people running around in funny Eastern European hats and losing settlements to the damn Vlandians. I had to take charge and push back the hordes of armored mounted knights because on every playthrough the Sturgians get annihilated.

#WeNeedBetterSturgians
If you want badasses with 2handed axes, try Battania

Battanians, definitely. Khuzaits are cool and all, but nothing in the game is as hilarious as watching a firing line of Fianna mowing down entire armies as they struggle to close, then drawing their swords and slaughtering the ragged survivors in ten seconds flat. Even cavalry can't make contact half the time - Vlandian Knights launch their glorious charges, get their horses shot out from under them, power-slide into the Fianna on their faces and are instantly executed via falx to the back of the head.

Battania and Vlandia are by far my favorites. Bows and big swords, and heavy armor western cavalry. Can't ask for much more than that.
I would like the Empire more if the time setting was scaled back more and they had a more "glory days of the Roman Empire" function. Ya know scutums and such.

Back
Top Bottom