Poll - What is your favorite faction ?

What is your favorite faction ?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I chose Sturgian, but I have to be honest: I'm disappointed in them. I thought there was some more Nord there but all I have is people running around in funny Eastern European hats and losing settlements to the damn Vlandians. I had to take charge and push back the hordes of armored mounted knights because on every playthrough the Sturgians get annihilated.

#WeNeedBetterSturgians
I agree... but instead of better sturgians, WE NEED NORDS!

I wish we could make our own units.
I agree man, this would be incredible. Also if we could make our own culture; changing city names and the recruits offered by cities and towns. So if I'm playing as Sturgia, when I conquer a northern empire city, I want to change the name to be more Sturgian and I want all the people to become more Sturgian.

Vlandia, because they're like the real medieval knight faction. I want to like the Sturgians but they're too much of a mixed bag, and I'd love the battanians if they were more green and brown forest people and less, well, plaid and sheep stomach.

I guess Vlandia is the only one that gives you that medevial knight archetype and lets you execute the mighty cavalry charge. The problem is that out of 6 cultures for the moment 2 of them at least, Sturgia and Aserai, have a really poor troop tree.

Vlandia, because they're like the real medieval knight faction. I want to like the Sturgians but they're too much of a mixed bag, and I'd love the battanians if they were more green and brown forest people and less, well, plaid and sheep stomach.
Agreed. Sturgia really bothers me. Either your Nord, or your Vaegir/Sturgian. I don't like the combo at all.

Empire is fun for the roman-like architecture, society and troops, really liked the versailty. Sturgians is the one faction I want to play but can't find a way to do it, still working on it, really like its concept and viking/russian/invader vibe. Finally, vlandians, their troops, a mix of Swadians and Rodhoks plus their concept art and medieval theme is by far my favorite. Anyway still playing my first playthrough with the Empire!

#EmpireDidNothingWrong

And feels sad for Aserai, seem like one of the undervalue faction with a bad low tier troop and hard time overcoming that. Also the Khuzait being the predeccesors of the Kerghit Khanate feels underpower and not that strong, really see little to no presence of them in my map, just my brother staying in Chaikand and seemly my older daughter idk why...

And feels sad for Aserai, seem like one of the undervalue faction with a bad low tier troop and hard time overcoming that. Also the Khuzait being the predeccesors of the Kerghit Khanate feels underpower and not that strong, really see little to no presence of them in my map, just my brother staying in Chaikand and seemly my older daughter idk why...
I respect the Azerai. I think they are neglected unjustly. Those Mameluke Palace Guards slice through their foes like there's no tomorrow, they may be glass cannons, but they're definitely cannons.

I'd argue Battania also has a strong story reason to want to conquer Calradia. It was all their land at one point. A Battanian playthrough would be motivated out of a desire to re-take ancestral lands and push back the invasive forces of foreign devils so it can once again belong to the sons of Battania.

Perhaps. I just never got that vibe from the Kingdom itself. Honestly, it just seems they are trying to not be obliterated.

Yes, it's very distinctive and had some "fear" issue in it, something that will make children crying when they sees it, kudos to the designer.
There's a podcast called Hardcore History with some episodes about the Mongols and yeah: they basically treated their enemies like cattle and took advantage of instinctive responses to lure them into traps.

Back
Top Bottom