Poll - New Factions for the Beta

Which faction do you prefer?

• Illyria, since scythians are placeholding it.

Votes: 33 21.9%
  • Cisalpine Gauls, close to Etruria.

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • Optional package for roman later units (legions etc).

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Optional package for macedonian later units (sarissophoroi etc).

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • All of them.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I think there's enough variety.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Another faction (mention it below)

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

vasul said:
Battle of Thermopylae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

Using wikipedia as source is stupid. That article is almost entirely uncritical of ancient sources.

Herodotus basically admits there were 1000 dead at Thermopylae - he states that there were 20 thousand dead, of which 19 thousand magically disappeared were instantly buried so no one finds out. One wonders who did the burying then. :lol:

Phalanx300 said:
A bit out of timeframe. And I gues pikewalls aren't really working that well. Since blocking you can just walk through the rows of spears. Even with a two handed weapon.
as long as the number is the same as picture no guy can walk into it
and even it time frame isn't fit but it isn't as ridiculous as having SPQR Legions around

vietanh797 said:
Phalanx300 said:
A bit out of timeframe. And I gues pikewalls aren't really working that well. Since blocking you can just walk through the rows of spears. Even with a two handed weapon.
and even it time frame isn't fit but it isn't as ridiculous as having SPQR Legions around

actually ESPECIALLY with a 2H weapon you can just walk right through that, the only thing they can do is stap so a deflect with a 2H or a pole arm would win.

vietanh797 said:
Phalanx300 said:

I'm talking ingame. Would be hard to represent the Macedonian Phalanx. Would need a way to keep enemies at way when they are in front of your spear.

vietanh797 said:
just put ability of able to break through blocking to the polearms
problem solved

That would make it OP and unrealistic. It should be something to keep the enemy at way and damage him if he doesn't block.

Phalanx300 said:
vietanh797 said:
just put ability of able to break through blocking to the polearms
problem solved

That would make it OP and unrealistic. It should be something to keep the enemy at way and damage him if he doesn't block.
basically you can't block all the spears attack you from phalanx
it mean you always get hurt when charging it
so why the hell we need to  block anyway?

i think that more factions should be added to the west and that the delion confederacy and peleponesian leauge should be broken up (faction slike athens, Euboea,Troy, Corinth, Sparta, Syracuse,etc..)

Back
Top Bottom