Please make all wanderers spawn from start

Would you like to have all wanderers available from start?

• Yes I want to choose by myself and have all option available

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I want something fully random like now

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • There are other solutions (please express thoughts in the thread)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

At the start of a new game the available wanderers are generated randomly.

It would be much better to spawn them all, and then let the player choose the wanderers he wants to play with.

I have had a game with the best scout around, and now i am starting a new game the only scout around has some meagre 60s stats...

I would appreciate to know other players opinion on that matters, because not being able to choose myself is driving me crazy.

And please don't say "Yeah but playing with different companions gives each game a different flavor". I dont want to taste the flavor or riding at 2.0 speed so I'd like to choose it by myself.

As a sidenote, I have had a game where some companions would spawm twice I had the Imperial The Boar guy, with different firstnames.

Definitely would be a good idea I have found myself checking the heroes in the encyclopaedia at the start of a new game and restarting before to get a good mix of wanderers.

It doesn't really help to have them all unlocked from the beginning when all their attribute points and skill choices are borked to begin with.

There needs to be more than 5 percent of wanderers with intelligence of 3 or above when, quarter master, engineer, surgeon, governor and war generals all need high intelligence.

They need to make wanderers skill points and attributes fit the profession they perform.

I played to clan level 4 and then looked at all available wanderers by save scumming and hiring each one individually. What I learned: they need to change the formula for wanderer stats so 95 percent of them aren't completely broken to begin with.

I actually think that the emergent nature of wanderers is pretty cool from a story perspective. With the addition of heirs to the game, you don't want every wanderer available to your heirs to be octogenarians. The problem with the mechanic is that wanderers are not equal, and filling a slot with sub-par people is a possibility. We need better training options for the heroes we like for our chosen rp narrative.

I actually think that the emergent nature of wanderers is pretty cool from a story perspective. With the addition of heirs to the game, you don't want every wanderer available to your heirs to be octogenarians. The problem with the mechanic is that wanderers are not equal, and filling a slot with sub-par people is a possibility. We need better training options for the heroes we like for our chosen rp narrative.

I agree that there needs to be a random element that produces incompetent companions.

The problem right now is that they're all incompetent. There needs to be a change in the formula that produces more good companions.

Right now you can search 100 companions, 10 of them that are engineers and you only find 1 or 2 with an intelligence of 3 or above.

Definitely would be a good idea I have found myself checking the heroes in the encyclopaedia at the start of a new game and restarting before to get a good mix of wanderers.
Exactly... As I am a bit maniac, I want one good available comanion for each of the 4 jobs, as I intend to make my character more charisma oriented.

Another flaw in the companion system is that you never know if you will be able to make them improve. For example the vlandian "Of the hills" guy has 120 in scouting, but when you add 1 focus point it doesnt go from 120 to 150 but starts from the beginning, 0=>30, so you need to improve him 4 times to go over 120.

Another flaw in the companion system is that you never know if you will be able to make them improve. For example the vlandian "Of the hills" guy has 120 in scouting, but when you add 1 focus point it doesnt go from 120 to 150 but starts from the beginning, 0=>30, so you need to improve him 4 times to go over 120.

I've just started using this excellent mods to let them have enough focus points to improve their skills (by default they have 8 less than player would).
Might be of some help to you.

Back
Top Bottom