SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Please improve High tier Armor and Troops to survive longer against lower tier troops.

Users who are viewing this thread

I know everyone hates how armor barely reduces damage but I also recommend looking closely at how many attacks from lower tier units can be survived by higher tier units or NPC with high tier armor. I'm very concerned based on past updates that someone may 'fix' armor by just increasing some number by 10% and we'll still be getting 1 shot by everything and loosing T5+ troops to recruits.

It needs to actually increase how long troops or NPC last in a fight. Recruits and t2/basic archers should not be able to damage T5+ units/NPCs. That's completely nonsensical. Why would knights and heavy armored units even exist if a the lowest tier units can easily kill them? The whole military of the entire calradia would be just t2 archers.

Likewise, loosing you high tier troops to low tier AI garbage makes you feel like you're just wasting your time. In the time to replace a few t5 units the enemy can replace thousands of troops and be perfectly fine taking fiefs and killing you allies off.

I think that would be OK (and support it) as long as T5/6 troops costs much more than now, both maintenance and upgrade, right now, after the mid-game you could basically run with an indestructible force of heavy armored soldiers while having millions in the bank.

Also, it would be cool and challenging in the early/mid game to reeeally fear even attacking smaller lords if they have a bunch of high tier troops.

Last edited:
I totally agree.

The Battle of Watling Street comes to mind, where a 50-60k Iceni force was slaughtered by a Roman legion of >5-6k + reinforcements. The result, 50k dead for Boudica's side and only +-500 dead for the Roman side. Why? Because tactical training and equipment in the troops is essential.

There are two mods that I feel are essential right now and that Taleworlds may have to look into.

Armor Does Something
Realistic Battle Mod

Tercero is right, under this premise the elite T5-T6 troops should be a little more expensive to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom