Speculating Delay, Lengthy Read

Users who are viewing this thread

50$ is fine because the price isn’t going up or down at all. You just get to choose when you wish to purchase... earlier or later. It really is that simple. You are being given extra choice, this is not a funding mechanism to develop the game, it is already fully funded. If they wish they could pull the EA back and develop in private for the next 5 years. There is no financial pressure at all. They just want some community involvement in the final stages from their fans.

Don't worry guys, the release will be on 31.03.20 (99%).
Today Mount & Blade posted on Twitter "7 days to March 31st."
So it's very unlikely the game will be delayed.
?

You think you're entitled to a discount because YOU decided to buy a game in early access, pure delusion.
Exactly lol.
"TW are charging us a full release price for what will be an incomplete experience for an indeterminable amount of time. So no, the price is not 'fine'."
So? If you don't want to pay it's price just don't lol, no one is asking you to pay for the early access, you guys wanted to pay less because it's an unfinished product? Pure delusion, this is Mount&Blade II Bannerlord by TaleWorlds, not just "any" early access game.
Also it's just like Varrak said that TaleWorlds encourages you not to buy the game till you feel it is worth.
?

People who think they are entitled to a cheaper price because they bought the early access are operating on the same level of delusional that the people who think doom eternal having platforming is 'too hard'. NO ONE is forcing you to buy the early access version of the game, you are free to wait until the full version and then buy it. NO ONE is going to receive the game for a cheaper price (unless gifted of course, which is STILL being bought for that price) than anyone else, we all pay the same and all receive the same product. Saying 'oh the game is incomplete' isn't a valid excuse to justify lowering the EA price since the whole point of EA is YOU put your money into an unfinished product with full understanding that you know the game isn't done yet and you are taking part to assist in completing the game with the devs through feedback.

I dont see them delaying this. They are working from home as it is, they can do patches just as well from there as they could the studio. Early access will give them some much needed revenue that they need with everything going on. Also lets face it, we will be beta testers in this giving them feedback and reporting bugs on a level they could not achieve with the numbers they have in there studio. Will I pay 50.00 bucks? Yes sir, Do I have a problem being a paying tester? No sir. I say give it to me already. On top of that thank you TaleWorlds for making games like this, as no one else does.

50$ is fine because the price isn’t going up or down at all. You just get to choose when you wish to purchase... earlier or later. It really is that simple. You are being given extra choice, this is not a funding mechanism to develop the game, it is already fully funded. If they wish they could pull the EA back and develop in private for the next 5 years. There is no financial pressure at all. They just want some community involvement in the final stages from their fans.

Can't deny though that $50 is a steep price as a barrier to entry type of thing. There's going to be a lot of buzz generated when this game comes out and it might have behooved them to make it at most $30 just because lower price attracts more people, more community engagement. At the same time, there still is the 2-hour Steam return policy right? So people should be able to see if they like it now and Bannerlord/Warband is one of those types of games that you'll likely know within 2 hours.

I'm still going to pay $50 because I know what I'm getting entangled with, while the newcomers might not. I'm keeping the 2 hour period in mind and if something egregious appears (would have to be particularly egregious, like predatory loot boxes or something strange) I won't hesitate to follow through with a refund.

Again, at the other same time, you know some of the buzz is going to be negative because people will expect everything that's in the blogs to be in the game already when that's clearly not the case. A lot of game purchasing is the hype you build for yourself. So I guess we should all temper our expectations and see what Taleworlds has for us.

warband was early access, turned out just fine.
I think in this case the price charged is not an issue. seriously if anyone couldn't have put money away for the last DECADE they were never going to buy it anyway and are just complaining for outrage value.

I don't believe it will be delayed, and even if it did it's not the end of the world.(full disclosure my b'day is infact april first, and my work is closed, and isolation is just beginning.
It's going to be fantastic

Gotta disagree with you there. Regardless of how big the game map is, or how deep the gameplay mechanics, early access titles have always been cheaper because you are buying into a currently unfinished product. TW are charging us a full release price for what will be an incomplete experience for an indeterminable amount of time. So no, the price is not 'fine'.

Also you're calling the Coronavirus an 'excuse' when it has literally killed thousands of people? :facepalm:
Where are you getting this, EA games have not always been cheaper, most seem to have the same price all the way though, yes some do offer the game at a lower price, but all of the games i have seen do that, their EA releases have been far more of an early alpha deal that a late beta deal. Also No Mans Sky, Anthem, Fallout76 and Skyrim came out at a 60 euro price as i remember it, they might not have called them selves EA, but there surely were.

Yes, that was my point. You are paying in full now, when you are not getting a full game. They ought to charge full price on full release.

We know that, we have hundreds of hours into Warband, and know what to expect. Thousands of people new to the franchise will simply see £40 for an unfinished game.
I don't think that's really a concern for them yet. How much advertising have you seen for bannerlord outside of mount and blade communities? The game is 6 days away and taleworlds has barely said anything in the past month. This is not the "true" release of the game, this is early access for dedicated fans and the people we spread it too. After some time refining the game with player feedback, when they eventually truly release it is when they'll be concerned with advertising and drawing in the newcomers.

Hah! I would gladly pay twice this price, if the game releases on time! Honestly I'll be happy if only for the custom battles! I'm sick of watching as other beta players get better and better, while I am deprived of any sort of training in the game! A potential delay will probably infuriate me, seeing as the skill imbalance between beta players and simple mortals like me continues to grow beyond measure. I have only 6 days to wait! I will not wait a minute longer! Enough said.

Gotta disagree with you there. Regardless of how big the game map is, or how deep the gameplay mechanics, early access titles have always been cheaper because you are buying into a currently unfinished product. TW are charging us a full release price for what will be an incomplete experience for an indeterminable amount of time. So no, the price is not 'fine'.

Also you're calling the Coronavirus an 'excuse' when it has literally killed thousands of people? :facepalm:
You are paying full price for the game even when it releases. Also im calling corona virus an excuse not because it isnt serious but because they are working on this game for years 1-2 weeks less development time is nothing.

images

so basically 6 days left

Only 1 week left to release, I don't think they will delay it from now on. If they were going to delay the game, they would have done it like in the early march
Imagine @Callum reaching us by March 30th, saying the game needs more "polish".
We would need to update our definitions of outrage ?

I think this is very unlikely, I'm confident we're finally getting our game ?

Imagine @Callum reaching us by March 30th, saying the game needs more "polish".
We would need to update our definitions of outrage ?

I think this is very unlikely, I'm confident we're finally getting our game ?
And a day earlier to boot! Glad I decided to take the whole week and not start my week of bannerlord vacation on Tuesday...

Back
Top Bottom