Please change bandit fight mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

It's supposed to be an ambush but yet the enemy has a great deal of advantage over you. You are outnumbered 3 to 1, you can't stealth kill, your missiles are limited, you can't choose who comes with you, and you got a boss battle where you are completed exposed.

It's an annoyance factor right now.

A few ways to improve:
- Allow choosing of troops to come with you
- Each campfire replenishes missiles when defeated
- Allow horses if riding skill is high enough
- Scouting skill increases number of troops that can be brought with you and allows reinforcements

I agree with you, the problem is always the same for me: they are too accurate with ranged weapons
in fact I noticed that the hiding places of the desert bandits are very easy to destroy because they only use javelins and they are inside a closed space in the caves
while attacking a camp of forest bandits is a real suicide, to finish the dragon quest I had to attack the hiding place a dozen times and I lost all my best troops

The boss absolutely needs to spawn farther away. When you agree to the duel you are usually taking your first hit within milliseconds of hitting the button.

Really should be something more akin to the training fights:

"Duel will begin in 3...2...1... fight."

I think it would be nice if you could bribe them to leave, this would increase roguery. Alternatively if I could attempty to sneak in and sabotage their camp like poisoning water or burning boats (sea raiders) I think most of the quest is to basic in the way that they can be solved, often only 1 solution.

It's supposed to be an ambush but yet the enemy has a great deal of advantage over you. You are outnumbered 3 to 1, you can't stealth kill, your missiles are limited, you can't choose who comes with you, and you got a boss battle where you are completed exposed.

It's an annoyance factor right now.

A few ways to improve:
- Allow choosing of troops to come with you
- Each campfire replenishes missiles when defeated
- Allow horses if riding skill is high enough
- Scouting skill increases number of troops that can be brought with you and allows reinforcements
Bandit hideouts are fine as they are right now, you just have to whittle them down or wait for parties to leave. I noticed that climbing the hill and shooting from above before a fight also made me lose a lot less of my troops.

I like the idea of bribing them if you have a high enough charm or roguery skill. Perhaps you can convince them to join you instead and you can make them a companion or something high in roguery and some other skill based on their bandit type.

They're mostly fine. Sea Raiders are tough but fair, as they always were. The Forest and Steppe Bandits are difficult because of how the map and spawn points are structured, not because of anything inherent to their statistics. Mountain Bandits are fairly easy as long as you're careful of big groups, and Desert Bandits feel similar to Sea Raiders but a bit less tough to kill, which makes sense.

I do agree that you should be allowed to pick who comes with you, and arrow barrels like there are in sieges would be nice.

No, they are not fine. For the love of God.

You don't get to use your army. Okay, fine. You do not get to choose your strategy. What? You do not get to choose your units. Ridiculous.

Anyone who defends that mechanic is deluding themselves.

Is this a parody account?

Don't think it is. But I ought to agree with him. Hideouts are fine as they are now since they added that troops can now drag you out if you're defeated.

The changes suggested in the threae you linked would be a great improvement, but aren't strictly necessary for hideouts to work well. The only thing that really needs to change is how precise the ranged weapons of the bandits are at night.

How is the forced close combat at the end with the boss fine?? Defeat the entire purpose of an ambush, make no damn sense. You spawn in with a bunch of random recruits and archers, then suddenly got thrown into close combat with armored enemies with no recourse. Seriously, your whole group got teleported next to the enemies. Absolutely terrible design. In the tutorial quest, it kinda made sense, since you are looking for information, so you need to talk to the boss, but for a random fight, it is stupid beyond belief.

And the god damned sniper forest bandits?

yeah i agree, choosing a party would be better, but damn even with a band of 30 i still lose like 9 or so when i enter full forest bandit camp, they slaughter with arrows.

Actually you should be able to choose. How? Well, you go to party screen and set your order so, that those u want are right after your character. Also it prefers companions over any other units, so the Changin order wont effect it.
Only time I found this wont work are hideouts where u get banner pieces for quest.

The arrow problem. Solutions: get longbow and 2x 32 arrow quivers and 2 hander. U can also Salvage missed arrows, and fill from enemy quivers. And yeah, I know how hard they are, I would recomend not to try quest after neitzes folly. I mean, 35 forest bandits with armour and longbows at one hideout

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom