Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

galonthier900 said:
I think a handy addition would be something called a recruitment keep that can be built in a castle or town, which triples the rate a recruit is taken, perhaps 2 per day upto a maximum of 100 recruited soldiers in a town and perhaps 50-70 in a castle. To balance this out it takes 6 engineering to build (either from a companions skill or your own) and 12 thousand denaari. I for one find it very hard to defend my castle once i strike out on my own because they enemy just arrives with 2k men leaving me barely alive and basically unable to go and recruit a hundred or so recruits because my castle will be sieged/villagers burned. So if this was implemented id target cities with this addition in place to help out.

A second thing is if you own a castle you can hire 1 patrol to guard the sorrounding area and villages that you own allowing you to more freely roam about. (Not sure if towns can do this while you are a vassal of a kingdom, i always only accepted castles)
factions already have patrols wandering about, once you become a king the same will happen with your kingdom.

HunterAlpha1 said:
galonthier900 said:
I think a handy addition would be something called a recruitment keep that can be built in a castle or town, which triples the rate a recruit is taken, perhaps 2 per day upto a maximum of 100 recruited soldiers in a town and perhaps 50-70 in a castle. To balance this out it takes 6 engineering to build (either from a companions skill or your own) and 12 thousand denaari. I for one find it very hard to defend my castle once i strike out on my own because they enemy just arrives with 2k men leaving me barely alive and basically unable to go and recruit a hundred or so recruits because my castle will be sieged/villagers burned. So if this was implemented id target cities with this addition in place to help out.

A second thing is if you own a castle you can hire 1 patrol to guard the sorrounding area and villages that you own allowing you to more freely roam about. (Not sure if towns can do this while you are a vassal of a kingdom, i always only accepted castles)
factions already have patrols wandering about, once you become a king the same will happen with your kingdom.

Yes i did notice that but not many to say the least. I was given ergellon castle (something like that) on the outskirts of our territory and had to sit there killing large amounts of bandits incase they decide to raid my village, while it may be silly to have an extra patrol per castle, an extra patrol per town isnt because there is a larger amount of trade and villagers travelling to and from, along with 3 villages tied to it. I was given Dhirim and there was no spymaster because thats only when you strike out on your own. So perhaps coding into the game 1 patrol per town, 1 patrol per 2 castles. So if swadia owns 4 towns and 10 castles there would be 9 patrols going around.

Hey just wondering. I've got swadian cavaliers and was wondering how i upgrade them into Paladins and Priests?

Thanks

zolmoz said:
Hey just wondering. I've got swadian cavaliers and was wondering how i upgrade them into Paladins and Priests?

Thanks
you cant theyr  a higher elite not like nobles
only the Queen from swadia is possible to do it
but if you declare war on them and make one of theyr ''Towns'' you Capital
you need to build something (forgot the name) but its 50k and you can recruite priests and paladins.

The early stages of the game can be made easier. I'm not used to the smallest group being 20+, surely there must be some stragglers even for bandits.

Is it possible to increase the tax that you get from your lands if your relation with the village/castle/town is high?

The idea is that your people are grateful to you for always helping them, so they are less likely to evade taxes.

This also encourages people to roleplay and increase their relation with their lands, and makes the relation value more useful.

If possible I want the relation to also increase the prosperity of lands. I want more options to increase prosperity with lands through direct intervention by me.

original said:
Is it possible to increase the tax that you get from your lands if your relation with the village/castle/town is high?

The idea is that your people are grateful to you for always helping them, so they are less likely to evade taxes.

This also encourages people to roleplay and increase their relation with their lands, and makes the relation value more useful.

If possible I want the relation to also increase the prosperity of lands. I want more options to increase prosperity with lands through direct intervention by me.
i like that idea i never raise my relation with them cuz it wont help at all D:

I want to suggest not making some proficiencies high while keeping others low for troop types -- just make them flat across the board, like in vanilla. In future releases this will alleviate frustration with troops having proficiencies in weapons that they don't carry (nobody gets it perfect). As far as I know, giving a troop 180 proficiency in all weapons, instead of just 180 in 2 skills and 30 in the rest, doesn't hurt the game at all. And it will reduce the suckiness of troops where mistakes are made.

hey i just took a city and became a monarch, but how do i get Vasals because you used to be able to recruit companions as vasals but i cant find that option at all now???

zolmoz said:
hey i just took a city and became a monarch, but how do i get Vasals because you used to be able to recruit companions as vasals but i cant find that option at all now???
they need to be level 20 mate dont know if i saw it in here or it was in the regular patch from vanilla itself
but yh once theyr level 20 you can recruit them to ''vassals'' but beware tho if you encounter some1 else from a other faction your relation with them will drop.

Xprez said:
zolmoz said:
they need to be level 20 mate dont know if i saw it in here or it was in the regular patch from vanilla itself
but yh once theyr level 20 you can recruit them to ''vassals'' but beware tho if you encounter some1 else from a other faction your relation with them will drop.

Hows the best way to recruit vasals from other factions?

zolmoz said:
Xprez said:
zolmoz said:

Hows the best way to recruit vasals from other factions?
get a high persusiason or something like that so its easier to convience em
easy way to get 3 strong vassals is to let the dark knights invade bribe them to get peace cost around 18k not much
but then talk too the 3 lords they will always accept ur point of view for some reason.
but the more u have the easier it is to get other vassals,
but now only keep to 1 sentence for example i hold your ancient rights do that with everyone.
because when your further in the game and you used different sentences all the time they will say
''your making up stories like now for me to join you'', i stick to (insert king name here)

You guys should definitely add diplomacy and the freelancer mods in this, I would love to be a Thane for King Ragnar. :mrgreen:

Renown cost for recruiting nobles is too high, IMHO.

I've been playing ~120 days (game time) and my renown is always 230-300. My party consists of ~80 companions/men-at-arms/knights/cavaliers and i lose a few men every time i fight a lord with more than 100 men. Since recruiting a noble costs 5 renown I lose 50 hard earned renown if I recruit 10 of them. Nobles are a must for me because senior squires drop like flies whenever they encounter top tiers. My max party size is 90-95 (leadership skill is at 4) and it will never be more than 100 if i continue recruiting nobles.

Cost in gold is not an issue, I would gladly pay 300 gold for a noble if the renown cost was 3.

brzi said:

I've been playing ~120 days (game time) and my renown is always 230-300. My party consists of ~80 companions/men-at-arms/knights/cavaliers and i lose a few men every time i fight a lord with more than 100 men. Since recruiting a noble costs 5 renown I lose 50 hard earned renown if I recruit 10 of them. Nobles are a must for me because senior squires drop like flies whenever they encounter top tiers. My max party size is 90-95 (leadership skill is at 4) and it will never be more than 100 if i continue recruiting nobles.

Cost in gold is not an issue, I would gladly pay 300 gold for a noble if the renown cost was 3.
you can turn that option off

camp
settings
click on the noble thingy

Xprez said:
brzi said:

camp
settings
Thanx, I didn't see that one. I like to play with difficulty settings set as high as possible. That's why i don't like to disable options in the camp menu. The only things i disabled so far are brutality and long term wounding and I will disable the renown cost for nobles today, it's impossible to increase the max party size with this option enabled.

brzi said:
Xprez said:
brzi said:

camp
settings
Thanx, I didn't see that one. I like to play with difficulty settings set as high as possible. That's why i don't like to disable options in the camp menu. The only things i disabled so far are brutality and long term wounding and I will disable the renown cost for nobles today, it's impossible to increase the max party size with this option enabled.
yh i only have brute mode off and the noble thingy
but glad i could help

Back
Top Bottom