Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it would be great if not every enemy I encountered could so easily deflect/block all of the attacks I throw at them. As a heavy cav unit throwing a lance at a bandit with a knife at full charge only to get the pathetic "ting" noise every time is infuriating and immersion breaking. The combat AI difficulty setting didn't really help either. That's my suggestion anyway.

Jormogundr said:
I think it would be great if not every enemy I encountered could so easily deflect/block all of the attacks I throw at them. As a heavy cav unit throwing a lance at a bandit with a knife at full charge only to get the pathetic "ting" noise every time is infuriating and immersion breaking. The combat AI difficulty setting didn't really help either. That's my suggestion anyway.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ Jormogundr...but the same annoying ability of being able to block a"Thrust / pierce" type attack is also an advantage afforded to YOU, the player as well.

Also, remember that certain Lances and / or Polearms have "Crush Through ability" and some do not.  If you want to see or change that, then you might want to use Morghs item editor.

By you're own details you kinda describe your own problem:

1) You said that your a heavy calvary right?  So run that sucker over or bump him with your horse 1st...you wont hear a "ting" then. 

2) You said throwing a lance... I'm sure you didn't actually mean to say THROW. 
I think what you mean to say is, you "Thrust or Stabbed" with your right arm at the bandit.

= in this case, yes a bandit with even a short sword can block it.  But remember, if roles were reversed...so could you.

3) if you had used your "Heavy" Calvary to your advantage and Couched your lance... You wouldn't hear a "Ting" noise.

Just saying,
"O"

My feeling hurts when I see rival lords (whose relation maxed at 100 with me) keep raiding my villages! Can you make an option to prevent rival lords who are "devoted" to me stop raiding my villages? They could still engage me on the main battle map though!

I always lacked economy in the game...

but in a good way as a integrated part of a war...

so lets say we can have resources, resource gatherring, we buy and own land, settle pessants they harvest, we store grain... mine ore... chop wood, plant... build roads... open lot of new areas on the map as mines villages settlements, road patrols... etc...

and each time you get killed or inprisoned... you loose your gear... and you gotha forge new one... and also you gotha forge gear for each soldier, and you can equip em as you wish and train them on your newly built ar5chery ground... that costed resources... so you train them till they get like 300 proficiency...

:smile:

I could write it all down in segments but i would live this kind of addition to native and diplomacy combined(which is being done as we speak :smile:

cheers!

IIRC, in the expanded gameplay mod on old M&B the player had to pick a character class during character creation:
Wandering Barbarian
Khergit Prince
Traveling Merchant
Old Knight
Skilled Hunter
and each had unique abilities but also limitations - only khergit prince could get riding skill above 4, only the merchant could get trading and leadership above 3 and stuff like that. that would be nice i NE

Jormogundr said:
I believe that only shields can block a couched lance.

NPC'S and Player age,Counter Attacks,and having XXX with your wife? and after you have kids, then when you die you'll play as your kid

I know that Dark Knights will be worked on in the upcomming version, just wanted to mention some things I'd like to see fixed/added for them:

• Dark Knight Nobles should wear clothes when they are at court. :wink: Its quite funny to see them only wearing loincloths.
  • Dark Knight Nobles should get their own coat of arms. Its strange to see large groups of soldiers moving about lead by lords but without a stanard/coat of arms to show.

perhaps as a method of dealing with the Vaegirs OP @ everything except semi hilly battles where you can hide behind hills, why not either make their heavy cav (Druzhina?) less powerful, because i think its a little silly that a non noble cav unit can outclass a swadian paladin 1/2 the time. Alternatively make their archers, both the master bowyers and the ivory noble line more expensive to operate.

i recommend that so the lords won't have quite so many, the Vaegirs have the cheapest noble line in the game in terms of upkeep, which is imbalanced since its also the most powerful, and the game looses its spark when after day 250 1/2 of Caldria is that ugly ass greyish brown lettering

It would be nice to have some type of choice to killing nobles(lords) like execution not just imprisoning them for a short time, although this action should have great repercussions. IMO coding this would be hard and cause weird bugs, but if it's possible it would be a great feature.

Vilkaras said:
It would be nice to have some type of choice to killing nobles(lords) like execution not just imprisoning them for a short time, although this action should have great repercussions. IMO coding this would be hard and cause weird bugs, but if it's possible it would be a great feature.
no coding it isn't that hard. simply make that the murdered lord not longer will spawn and set his fiefs free....

but then wed run out of lords really fast, and as far as i know there is no system for spawning more, so YES coding that WOULD be hard. way too many things to think of, code, and implement.

leonhart18 said:
but then wed run out of lords really fast, and as far as i know there is no system for spawning more, so YES coding that WOULD be hard. way too many things to think of, code, and implement.
and i would remain the only lord in calradia. with no lords to squabble over their differences and no kings to fight for the crown, peace would finally rule calradia ...and i would get to keep all the ladies. this should be the ultimate goal of the game.

on a serious note - a second brutality mode that enables the player to kill captured lords (the ultimate goal would be killing all other lords and kings) but the player himself may get killed if he loses a battle. no quitting without saving would be forced. something like hardcore mode in diablo.

brzi said:
on a serious note - a second brutality mode that enables the player to kill captured lords (the ultimate goal would be killing all other lords and kings) but the player himself may get killed if he loses a battle. no quitting without saving would be forced. something like hardcore mode in diablo.
i like this idea! maybe i will integrate this in my mod.

well, just to say thx, this mod have tons of good things fixed from native, as the auto garrison, strong kings, etc... i was fighting in other mods to add some of this things so...  :smile:
ALSO its the first mod i play with less stuttering of video... all mod i being playing i need to do it on direct x 7 and with less of 80 troops and here i can play high performance SAME as native 110 battle size and direct 9. I imagine a good CPU should support 1000 troops!

my suggestions are when u finish a battle with other lords at the end add u the increment of relation automatically as if u talk to them, the player take a castle and do battles in 0 secounds "gametime" and the AI take some time maybe be fair make the AI battles lot more fasters to make it fair, being a vassal of king with castle or city have a assistant that tell u which lords have no fiefs so u can go convince them and being a king will be great can send companions to persuade lords to join u ( this is diplomacy stuff). Maybe patrols u can make from ur own man by asking to them that cost X2, X3 wages and could help to u to attack, send them patrol, loot, etc, could be great to have a extra army if u have coin if u want to take a tough castle to become king.

I'd like to see the price of basic cloth armor reduced. Things like a dress or wool cap shouldn't cost 700+.

Back
Top Bottom