Player kingdom and AI war declaration

Users who are viewing this thread

isamurai

Recruit
I created a kingdom ( I had three castles and 2 cities) from a single sitting of the game was at war with one AI nation and holding them off then peace for a while. Turn off computer and come back the day after to continue. The second I load the save All AI nations declare war one by one on my kingdom even the nations completely on the other side of the map.

No bad relations, no dishonorable comportment. I managed to make peace with one of them they re declared war as soon as they could.

Is it normal behavior or is this just borked?

IIRC there is a bug that comes up where when you load a game the AI calculates your power incorrectly and it could cause something like this. It was also one of the reasons sometimes lords would make peace giving you money for no reason. They don't have to have negative relation with you though, they can choose to declare war on you just because you're weak, or strong or..... in-between :smile:

My advice is don't "become a kingdom" until you are ready to get enough vassals and rapidly expand (if you need to) and expect to be at war for the rest of the game. You can be a lone clan and fight 1 faction (YMMV depending of faction...) yourself okay and get more fiefs and money. Build relation with clans who's fiefs you took so you can recruit them later. Also you can have a hard time giving yourself fiefs sometimes, so it's good to make sure you're satisficed in that department before you become kingdom and get vassals. They will vote for themselves, each other and not you.

Back
Top Bottom