Plans for patch v0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Deathwhisper

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Here are some of the major features planned for patch 0.7 :

- A new faction, Zendar. Survivors have rebuilt the town not so far away from its original location after its destruction by sea raiders. Unlike other minor factions, it will exist at the beginning of the game but will only control a town, a castle and a few villages. They will mostly use mercenaries in their armies but will still have a few specific troops - mainly elite ones. Unlike other factions, they will be at peace with mercenaries and will be locked in a permanent state of war against the Jumnans should they become a major faction.

- The ruins of the old town of Zendar, which is still infested with sea raiders. The player will be able to explore them for loot, experience and money, but will have to do so alone.

- New quick battle characters (mostly faction leaders) as well as new quick battle scenes.

- Claimant invasions. Given enough time, claimants will launch their own rebellion, with the help of some discontent lords of their faction. They won't wait for the player to come to them and will find their own allies if required. They will also have parties of supporters wandering the land (they'll be quite rare though).

Looks very promising and exciting. I am looking forward to how you'll execute these interesting features.

You have to explore the ruins alone? How many sea raiders are we talking. I find combat a lot harder in this mod so it will be very difficult if there is a lot of sea raiders. Also how much loot are we talking? and how many times can you loot it? I think this change is the most delicate one to implement. Because it easily becomes a useless feature or a very OP feature.

Why the quick battle scenes? I don't want to sound ungrateful i'm just curious. I myself have never used quick battles and never will and i'm sure there are many like me.

Deathwhisper said:
- Claimant invasions. Given enough time, claimants will launch their own rebellion, with the help of some discontent lords of their faction. They won't wait for the player to come to them and will find their own allies if required. They will also have parties of supporters wandering the land (they'll be quite rare though).

This feature sounds particularly exciting. I'm a sucker for invasions. :eek:

harlehus said:
Looks very promising and exciting. I am looking forward to how you'll execute these interesting features.

You have to explore the ruins alone? How many sea raiders are we talking. I find combat a lot harder in this mod so it will be very difficult if there is a lot of sea raiders. Also how much loot are we talking? and how many times can you loot it? I think this change is the most delicate one to implement. Because it easily becomes a useless feature or a very OP feature.

The player will have to explore them alone. The lack of help from companions or other troops is a way of making combat stats more important for the main character, especially compared to charisma which is the way to go in this mod considering how high wages are (making leadership very important). So this will be a way (outside of tournament) to reward combat characters.

There will be several groups of sea raiders to take on, but not more than a few at a time if you're careful enough. There will be some elite ones and a boss, so you probably won't want to attack it straigth away, but it shouldn't be too hard to do once you've got decent equipment and stats.

You'll get good quality loot from the boss as well as well as riches from the lair itself (such as gold), so it should be worth much more than your average bandit lair. I'm not absolutely certain yet of what will happen once you've cleared the ruins. One of my plans was to make it trigger a relation increase with Zendar and its lords as well as letting Zendar rebuild the town a few months later (a new town would therefore appear on the map). I'm not sure that's possible though, so that's why I'm not certain it will be done.

Why the quick battle scenes? I don't want to sound ungrateful i'm just curious. I myself have never used quick battles and never will and i'm sure there are many like me.

These scenes will also be used for the campaign, so it'll still be useful there. I'm planning on sometimes have custom scenes show up instead of the regular random ones. If possible, I'll also try to improve the custom battle system (for example by making it so that more kinds of troops are spawned). This should make them more fun.

A new feature that's already been implemented : a world map accessible in the report menu that shows exactly who controls what. Could be useful to have a general overview when the world is a huge mess due to all the invading factions !

http://i.imgur.com/1IR8IvS.jpg

I'm mostly done improving custom battles :

- There can now be up to 400 troops per side.
- You can now choose 17 new quick battle troops, most of which are faction leaders.
- Each faction now fields up to 15 different troops in custom battles instead of only 6.
- The enemy side now has a hero commanding it as well. It's usually the faction leader, unless you're already controlling him (in which case another noble of the faction will appear). For example, if you're fighting the Kingdom of Swadia as King Harlaus, the enemy hero will be Klargus.
- There is now a detailed kill count report at the end of the battle (just like in campaign battles).

A new feature has been added to v0.7!

When the player is knocked out in battle, he will take control of the closest companion that can still fight. If none is available, the nearest friendly troop is chosen instead.

This should make large battles much more enjoyable, since you will always control someone and therefore be able to fight.

Note that this is an option that can be disabled, so if you prefer watching the battle once you've been taken down it will still be possible.

Deathwhisper said:

When the player is knocked out in battle, he will take control of the closest companion that can still fight. If none is available, the nearest friendly troop is chosen instead.

This should make large battles much more enjoyable, since you will always control someone and therefore be able to fight.

Note that this is an option that can be disabled, so if you prefer watching the battle once you've been taken down it will still be possible.

Wow, amazing work. Will you be able to choose which troop you can control?

iStealth2387 said:
Deathwhisper said:

Wow, amazing work. Will you be able to choose which troop you can control?

No. At some stage I wanted it to be the highest level troop, but decided against it. Being able to always take control of your strongest troops would make the penalty of getting knocked out rather small, whereas taking control of a random troop will usually be a downgrade, which should encourage the player to be cautious in battle.

excellent Mod, this is now in my top 3....
other 2 being Silverstag and Pendor. would love to see features from those 2 make its way here.... keep up the great work

There is now an option to change (between 25 and 400) the accuracy of ranged attacks for the player. The base value is 150, which means 50% more accuracy. This should hopefully solve the reticle issue with high damage weapons.

Can you add in custom forts?

There are other features that are planned before this.

Lemming20 said:
You should add decapitation! :twisted:

Executions and a death system in general would be very hard to implement in a way that makes sense, given the scope of a playthrough (a few ingame years at most). You couldn't simulate a real family / dynasty system with heirs replacing their dead liege. Same issues for the player if he dies for any reason.

Back
Top Bottom