Plaid for Highlanders

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamabusi

Sergeant
Hi!
Now I rework Highlanders 42 th Royal Regiment, as they have become very popular in the community)
I've got a question:
I have an idea to make a plaid for the officer and the piper. What can you say about this? Probably the Great Kilt is not wearing at that time, but at some photos and pictures I've seen officers with the pinned end of something on his left shoulder. Whether a plaid, or tail of the Great Kilt ..
Would not it be a great historical mismatch? Still, I would like to pay tribute to the Great Kilt. Though, would be for the piper. It seems to me so he will look much better.)
What do you think about this?
And if you have any reference - I'll be very happy. There are quite a few images of wearing plaid with a view from behind as well as styles of wearing it.

Thanks!

You mean something like the officer on the left is wearing in this pic? Couldn't find anything with more detail. But it seems to be a quite "famous" painting.

the-cimmerian_thin-red-line_robert-gibb-the-93rd-highland-regiment-forming-the-thin-red-line-at-the-battle-of-balaklava-crimean-war-25th-october-1854.jpg

Athawolf said:
You mean something like the officer on the left is wearing in this pic? Couldn't find anything with more detail. But it seems to be a quite "famous" painting.

the-cimmerian_thin-red-line_robert-gibb-the-93rd-highland-regiment-forming-the-thin-red-line-at-the-battle-of-balaklava-crimean-war-25th-october-1854.jpg

The Thin Red Line, right?)
Yes, this is it. In this case, this is a classic Great Kilt. So there it was worn and much later? Excellent ..
And what about the plaid, which is wrapped over the left shoulder around the chest?

http://www.regimental-art.com/gordons.htm

When you scroll down a little bit, there are some pics of Highland Officers from around 1814 with the plaid you mentioned.
Pretty hard to find proper material for this..

Athawolf said:
http://www.regimental-art.com/gordons.htm

When you scroll down a little bit, there are some pics of Highland Officers from around 1814 with the plaid you mentioned.
Pretty hard to find proper material for this..

Thanks a lot!
Really hard to find suitable images. Especially the rear view.) All proud Scots are portrayed extremely in front)

Funny picture. Other times - the same questions.)

kilt1.jpg

@Duke Daniel Milutin Probably not, that is an image of the Jacobite years and not a British Highland Officer.

@Yamabusi I have send you an PM with really wonderful pictures which should help you regarding the uniforms in general and especially the plaid for the officers. Keep up the good work sir, it is really awesome.

Best regards,

Donald MacDonald

In general - yes. The "Kutuzoff" was the last character)
Jaegers, grenadiers and dragoons still need a little re-texturing. But the basic work, which depends on me - finished. )

Wonderful, absolutly marvelous! I hope that new Highlander models and textures will be implemented to game soon.

(It'd be really good if they'd make two different Highlander regiments....)

And again, beautiful work and ideas.

Happy New Year, King of Scotland.

Greetings!
Redesigned Highlander:
highlanderrender.jpg
It was quite a difficult piece of work for me)) (a lot of details) (Uff)
Bonet - version of the Admiral with minor corrections.
Still need to make an officer and piper. But it will be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom