Pirates of Calradia main thread now locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
redsox1804 said:
you cant board the other ships.
What? I'm not sure I even know what you mean by this.

redsox1804 said:
you can walk on the water until you knock urself unconcious.
You have to be able to walk on water near the ships in order to keep from killing everybody when boarding. You need to be killed when you stray from the ships to keep the  ship battle from turning into a swimming battle.

What I do after boarding? I won the battle on my ship but I can't go to the other ship to kill the rest
How do we reload the catapult?

DarkAnd said:
What I do after boarding? I won the battle on my ship but I can't go to the other ship to kill the rest
Click to reload the catapult. It will tell you when it is ready. I'm pretty sure I put that in the tutorial that pops up. As for the ships, what do you mean? Do you mean that the walls of the ship are too high? If so, that's easy to fix.

I think he means that there's no way to steer the ship that you're on to the other ships where your allies are fighting so you have to jump off. Is there any way for there to be a boarding platform so that troops can cross to the other ship?

Ah. No. I started work on that, but it was obscenely difficult. You will have to retreat and attack again in multi-ship battles until next version, which hopefully won't be as long as from the start to here, now that the bones of the mod are in place.

Mirathei said:
DarkAnd said:
Click to reload the catapult. It will tell you when it is ready. I'm pretty sure I put that in the tutorial that pops up. As for the ships, what do you mean? Do you mean that the walls of the ship are too high? If so, that's easy to fix.
the battle had 3 ships, I won on my ship but lost on the other 3
Yes you put the tutorial, but I click again and the arm goes back, then nothing hapens. I waited 6 minutes and nothing.

I promise you. Wait until it says "Catapult ready to fire," and then fire it. I've shot off as many as thirty shots before getting bored with it. I'm already working on finding a way to keep the thing from starting over the reload timer if you get impatient and click again.

Mirathei said:
I promise you. Wait until it says "Catapult ready to fire," and then fire it. I've shot off as many as thirty shots before getting bored with it. I'm already working on finding a way to keep the thing from starting over the reload timer if you get impatient and click again.
I am not cliking, it is now 3 minutes whit my clock here.

I have 2 soliders ordered to hole position all the others died on the shoot. Sieging iruma castle nitgh max resolution.

abductedbymermaidsyr7.jpg

Not sure what happened here, I was trying to disembark on the beach and wound up completely stuck on this cliff terrain, unable to return to my ship or anything. All of the river pirates seem to get stuck here on the peninsula by Wercheg as well. I think I either hit a sandbar or got sabotaged by mermaids, and the Calradian Coast Guard hasn't responded to my SOS.  :neutral:

While we're on the subject, what map revamps do you have planned? I think I recall you (or somebody) mentioning that every faction would have access to the sea for lordly ship captains; is that still the case? If not, could the rivers be widened at least, to cut down on the clickfest?

And furthermore, have you given any consideration to creating more exotic geography in the future, perhaps an island or inland delta or a connected central lake with some mountain passes? Maybe even distinct continents? I can just see the edge of the Nordic homeland across the ocean, and it's making me pine for the fjords. :lol:

I guess there's also the matter of the currently implemented ship combat sometimes becoming a contest to see who runs out of overboard-jumping lemmings to drown, but I'm just so happy that this mod is released that it doesn't really matter. Hooray! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT: Looks like my memory's a tad bit hazy. I found the post, from back in October:

Quote from: Tuckles on October 10, 2007, 10:21:02 am
Oh, and a few more questions. Where exactly do you get the boats? Will they be bought from merchants in ports? Given to you through quests? Both? Also, are you planning to add weapons to the ships themselves, or is it really gonna be archers firing at each other?
The boats will be purchased for a hefty price from Wercheg (which will be a Zendar-allied pirate haven allowing all factions access to the sea). I may also make some new game-starts which will begin with a ship. I don't think I'll make them quest-attained, because I know that I myself would hate having to go through a very specific process to get my ship. As for weapons, I may add a ramming galley at some point, but it seems impractical to put catapults or the like on the deck of a ship. Thus most of the battle will be maneuvering, shooting back and forth, and then boarding.

Does this still fit in with your timeline, at some point in the near future? Has anything changed? Also, can I have your autograph? <3

Sibilance said:
Not sure what happened here, I was trying to disembark on the beach and wound up completely stuck on this cliff terrain, unable to return to my ship or anything. All of the river pirates seem to get stuck here on the peninsula by Wercheg as well. I think I either hit a sandbar or got sabotaged by mermaids, and the Calradian Coast Guard hasn't responded to my SOS.  :neutral:

While we're on the subject, what map revamps do you have planned? I think I recall you (or somebody) mentioning that every faction would have access to the sea for lordly ship captains; is that still the case? If not, could the rivers be widened at least, to cut down on the clickfest?

And furthermore, have you given any consideration to creating more exotic geography in the future, perhaps an island or inland delta or a connected central lake with some mountain passes? Maybe even distinct continents? I can just see the edge of the Nordic homeland across the ocean, and it's making me pine for the fjords. :lol:

I guess there's also the matter of the currently implemented ship combat sometimes becoming a contest to see who runs out of overboard-jumping lemmings to drown, but I'm just so happy that this mod is released that it doesn't really matter. Hooray! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT: Looks like my memory's a tad bit hazy. I found the post, from back in October:

Quote from: Tuckles on October 10, 2007, 10:21:02 am
Oh, and a few more questions. Where exactly do you get the boats? Will they be bought from merchants in ports? Given to you through quests? Both? Also, are you planning to add weapons to the ships themselves, or is it really gonna be archers firing at each other?
The boats will be purchased for a hefty price from Wercheg (which will be a Zendar-allied pirate haven allowing all factions access to the sea). I may also make some new game-starts which will begin with a ship. I don't think I'll make them quest-attained, because I know that I myself would hate having to go through a very specific process to get my ship. As for weapons, I may add a ramming galley at some point, but it seems impractical to put catapults or the like on the deck of a ship. Thus most of the battle will be maneuvering, shooting back and forth, and then boarding.

Does this still fit in with your timeline, at some point in the near future? Has anything changed? Also, can I have your autograph? <3
I'm not sure what causes the random sticking on the the shore. I will modify the map at some point, but I'm not sure at what point. The map boundary is already substantially moved to make ship travel more convenient. I intend to release a bug fix to stop the ai fools from jumping overboard sometime soon. (within a month, most likely) I totally forgot to make one of the ship-selling towns neutral. I will probably include that in the bug fix.

Mad Mardigan said:
Thanks for the mod.

Sorry to be an idiot, but how do you attack a castle without being part of a faction?
Raid one of their caravans or attack a lord or join a battle against them. You need a negative relation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom