SP Musket Era Modern Pirates mod! Released! V2.5 for 0.751 updated 18/4

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i found a typo
typo2.jpg

it's kind of hard to see, but the refugee says 'we have been driven out of our homes because of this war' and my response option is 'does it look like i care? Now hand over the silly you do have, scum', which really doesn't make sense, unless i'm like, a pirate of happiness or something and i run around stealing joy and little kid's candy...

Overall, really great, but I have noticed a thing or two...although only one appears to be news:

If your inventory is full when you try to leave by sea your ship disappears for good...given how expensive they are to replace, it would be nice if there was a check put in to prevent this (or at least a warning message).

CTD. My Ketch vs. French Transport. One of the Frenchies jumped(?) up on the side of the boarding ramp. When I hit him he went overboard. He was the last one left and while my musketeers were firing at him the game crashed.

Yar, a good mod says I.

One suggestion i have is to be able to fish and pull out a big fish, and beat those scurvyd land lovers with the damn thing :razz:

This mod is too funny, and great. Being able to buy a parrot out of the gate cinches it... I love parrots. :p Unfortunately I got my mostly undressed butt kicked by a ship manned entirely by peasants right away :grin: but I'll be taking the time to raise up a right scurvy plunderer.

The whole cannon/knockout thing IS rather annoying, since it shows your crew as 'alive' when the battle starts, but, when you get to the screen, all it is is you and twenty French musketeers on the other ship because all your teamates are knocked out.
Very frustrating :razz:

i didnt read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been answered, but the game wont work for me. ive downloaded it from multiple mirrors, but whenever i start a game, it displays and error message...something about a tavern. it might be because i still have the .730 beta...soooo..help if u would.

While playing, I came up with a suggestion. Could you, for a very expensive price, be able to hire a NPC with the generic name 'captain' and give him a ship? From there, you could tell him to 'trade' which would just have him move between friendly ports and gain money, 'pirate' or 'privateer', which would set his aggressiveness rather high, causing him to go after everyone not allied with your faction, also gaining money, albeit at a greater rate. You could also have them follow you. A final option would be 'manhunter', sending them against pirates. You could then meet up later and collect some of the money from them. In this way, you would eventually build up a fleet.

And pirates need their own upgrade tree if they are going to be recruitable.

This is the first mod ive dled for M&B and ive got to say that it absolutley kicks ass. Theres a couple things that are irritating, but its the first release so im not going to complain.

One bug Ive came across is when i talked to marnid the game crashed. NM, I tried this again, and it didnt crash. There may or may not be a bug with him.

Maybe consider limiting the Musket bayonet to just a jab.

A suggestion, I would really like to see the English Army uniforms and maybe period uniforms for the others. Just a suggestion, would be nice to see.
I think the mod is a bit too difficult. Crewmembers cost a fortune and there really is no good ways to make money. Maybe add some really valuable cargo to enemy ships so you at least get some money.

Im making money quite well, just gotta explore and experiment. I think crew members dont cost enough. I think the player should have to buy their weapons, ammunition, and clothes/armor.

Ill really be looking forward to land battles.

Once again, Kick ass mod. I love it.

I care about historically accurate.. but if you say that by meaning.. like.. the name of a ship.. or the exact color of a gun trigger.. or something.. it's fine.. but as long as it's generally accurate I don't mind.. anyways!

The mod is very creative.. good work, man.. wish I had the skills you have.. thanks for taking time to release a mod for us, the public

Hmm, I've checked the last four pages and noone's reported this: when I attack the enemy raider's ship on the destroy the enemy raiders mission, it goes to normal terrain for fighting.

Great work!

Crazed Rabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom